Has anyone taken the Bar Exam in Los Angeles?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
BigLawSmallConfdence

New

Has anyone taken the Bar Exam in Los Angeles?

Postby BigLawSmallConfdence » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:02 am

I sign up for my Bar exam this week and I was wondering if there is any guidance on which test center to choose, as in if one is better than the others or if one is a location you should stay away from?

Also is there any advice on which seat to choose? Is it better to sit on the end of a row? Thanks for any and all guidance!
Last edited by BigLawSmallConfdence on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

RickSanchez

New

Re: Has anyone taken the Bar Exam in Los Angeles?

Postby RickSanchez » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:03 am

BigLawSmallConfdence wrote:I sign up for my Bar exam this week and I was wondering if there is any guidance on which test center to choose, as in if one is better than the others or if one is a location one should stay away from?

Also is there any advice on which seat to choose? Is it better to sit on the end of a row? Thanks for any and all guidance!

Pretty sure you don't get to choose where you sit....

BigLawSmallConfdence

New

Postby BigLawSmallConfdence » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:11 am

Thanks for the reply! Okay, yeah I wasn't sure I had heard from a fellow 3L that you choose your seat when you sign up lol.

AspiringCALawyer

New

Postby AspiringCALawyer » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:35 am

BigLawSmallConfdence wrote:Thanks for the reply! Okay, yeah I wasn't sure I had heard from a fellow 3L that you choose your seat when you sign up lol.

I've taken it at Ontario. I imagine the procedure is the same. You are assigned a seat based on your number. Your badge is already at your seat.

Regarding test centers, I picked Ontario because the hotels are cheaper there (was coming from out of state) and closer to the convention center. Plus, I took it in February and LA wasn't an option (think only used in July).

rcharter1978

Gold

Postby rcharter1978 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:49 pm

AspiringCALawyer wrote:
BigLawSmallConfdence wrote:Thanks for the reply! Okay, yeah I wasn't sure I had heard from a fellow 3L that you choose your seat when you sign up lol.

I've taken it at Ontario. I imagine the procedure is the same. You are assigned a seat based on your number. Your badge is already at your seat.

Regarding test centers, I picked Ontario because the hotels are cheaper there (was coming from out of state) and closer to the convention center. Plus, I took it in February and LA wasn't an option (think only used in July).

Yeah, I think Ontario is a good test center overall. Its massive, which can be good or bad. I thought the proctors were pretty laid back. There are hotels within a variety of price ranges that are within walking distance. Even if you choose a nearby hotel that you have to drive to, its like a 10 minute drive on surface streets...at worst.

I also think a lot of the hotels that aren't within walking distance probably have a shuttle to the convention center.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�