ALL THINGS ILLINOIS BAR EXAM

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
mjr0773

New

Re: ALL THINGS ILLINOIS BAR EXAM

Postby mjr0773 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:54 am

And thank you for responding, I can't tell everyone on this forum how much it helps to know we are not alone and feeling the way we are at the moment.

You are absolutely NOT alone. I walked out of the exam feeling that I at least did average which should be good enough to pass. I felt acceptably prepared and generally found no big surprises on the actual exam.
The first 3 weeks after the exam I really didn't worry much as I kept my confidence up.

Now I am convinced I failed - I have no concrete reasons to justify that, except for some chatter on the MPT instructions I read online - but that is at most 10% of the exam so I shouldn't worry - but I do.

So - for previous test takers - should I run with my initial level of optimism and do you guess that to be a fairly accurate measure? It pretty much worked in law school final exams - but this is different.

PrayingToTheBarGods

New

Postby PrayingToTheBarGods » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:07 pm

mjr0773 wrote:

And thank you for responding, I can't tell everyone on this forum how much it helps to know we are not alone and feeling the way we are at the moment.

You are absolutely NOT alone. I walked out of the exam feeling that I at least did average which should be good enough to pass. I felt acceptably prepared and generally found no big surprises on the actual exam.
The first 3 weeks after the exam I really didn't worry much as I kept my confidence up.

Now I am convinced I failed - I have no concrete reasons to justify that, except for some chatter on the MPT instructions I read online - but that is at most 10% of the exam so I shouldn't worry - but I do.

So - for previous test takers - should I run with my initial level of optimism and do you guess that to be a fairly accurate measure? It pretty much worked in law school final exams - but this is different.

Lol does it matter if you choose to be optimistic or freak out?? You'll find out tomorrow (most likely) any way....

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:10 pm

Has anyone called their processor to confirm? I have a outstanding reference so I was just going to just be patient for the results...

nuri

New

Postby nuri » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Tomorrow is like a million years away at the moment :D

PrayingToTheBarGods wrote:
mjr0773 wrote:

Lol does it matter if you choose to be optimistic or freak out?? You'll find out tomorrow (most likely) any way....

ndbigdave

Bronze

Postby ndbigdave » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:19 pm

mjr0773 wrote:So - for previous test takers - should I run with my initial level of optimism and do you guess that to be a fairly accurate measure? It pretty much worked in law school final exams - but this is different.

I would say your initial feelings are most accurate. You are the only one who knows if you were straight up guessing on most of the material for the essays and if you did enough prep with MBE questions you should have a rough idea of where you should statistically place (a few points higher or lower than your average).

For me, when I walked out of Michigan I knew I had a number of strong essays and a few weak ones (as I expected to happen going in) but was thankful many of my weak areas were avoided so I felt confident I passed that part. The MBE I had no guess at all, just no way I could tell. I ended up scoring near/around what I was scoring in the weeks heading into the test which shouldn't have shocked me.

If you did enough MBE prep there is a strong likelihood you scored near your average, its the essays you should really know in your gut whether you were making things up or had actual law to apply to the facts.

ndbigdave

Bronze

Postby ndbigdave » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:21 pm

virgoyum wrote:Has anyone called their processor to confirm? I have a outstanding reference so I was just going to just be patient for the results...

I have not, mainly because I have a few things outstanding for C&F - I hate when things are generally out of my control but former employers and some references have dropped the ball. That being said, I will bring fire and brimstone after tomorrow assuming I passed. I am not worried about C&F (I am already licensed in another state) its just getting the official results of the bar exam I want to see.

Anoni-mous

New

Postby Anoni-mous » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:24 pm

virgoyum wrote:Has anyone called their processor to confirm? I have a outstanding reference so I was just going to just be patient for the results...

Called my processor... She basically read from a cue card... "First 2 weeks of April..."

ndbigdave

Bronze

Postby ndbigdave » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:26 pm

Anoni-mous wrote:

Called my processor... She basically read from a cue card... "First 2 weeks of April..."

Exactly. I know I mentioned it in another thread, but even tomorrow (which is when I expect them to be released) I doubt any processor will say "hey, yeah coming out today!" They will just play the company line - which I understand, it makes their lives easier.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:28 pm

nuri wrote:Tomorrow is like a million years away at the moment :D

PrayingToTheBarGods wrote:
mjr0773 wrote:

I have been practically insomniac since Sunday. Earliest I've been able to go to bed is 2:30am and that was Sunday! Subsequent days 3:30am. Last night/this morning, 4:30 am. I did the wine and melatonin thing Monday, no dice. The next day took 4 melatonin, no dice. Also went running everyday this week. Still NO DICE lol... I have done almost nothing at work because of the anxiety and I have a presentation Monday & Thursday next week. FML.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:30 pm

Anoni-mous wrote:

I remember calling Friday Sept. 30 a little before their lunch hour and she told me it was going to be released that day. I think it can depend on your processor too. I may give her a call.

ndbigdave

Bronze

Postby ndbigdave » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:42 pm

virgoyum wrote:
Anoni-mous wrote:

I remember calling Friday Sept. 30 a little before their lunch hour and she told me it was going to be released that day. I think it can depend on your processor too. I may give her a call.

Who is your processor? That is cool for a little honesty in the situation, I mean if they do actually KNOW it is being released is there really any harm in letting people know that?

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:44 pm

ndbigdave wrote:

I have not, mainly because I have a few things outstanding for C&F - I hate when things are generally out of my control but former employers and some references have dropped the ball. That being said, I will bring fire and brimstone after tomorrow assuming I passed. I am not worried about C&F (I am already licensed in another state) its just getting the official results of the bar exam I want to see.

Oh you are fine then.

We are in the middle of an acquisition so we are pretty swamped. I directly report to GC so no getting it elsewhere. Of course we've barely had a free moment which is understandable, although he did did bring it up yesterday. Hopefully I can close out tomorrow before I get drunk with give me my freedom papers lmao!

HiOCEAN

New

Postby HiOCEAN » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:47 pm

I don't see the point of calling the processor to know when the results will be released. They'll be released when they are released. Just sit back and wait (easier said than done!).

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:47 pm

ndbigdave wrote:
virgoyum wrote:
Anoni-mous wrote:

Who is your processor? That is cool for a little honesty in the situation, I mean if they do actually KNOW it is being released is there really any harm in letting people know that?

I called and she didn't pick up. My processor is Diana.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:48 pm

HiOCEAN wrote:I don't see the point of calling the processor to know when the results will be released. They'll be released when they are released. Just sit back and wait (easier said than done!).

Lol because we're neurotic and you aren't :D

nuri

New

Postby nuri » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:54 pm

How I wish I could tell myself, sit back relax and don't worry because...I can't even pay attention at work without looking at IL bar website a million times, even though I know the results won't be released today

virgoyum wrote:
HiOCEAN wrote:I don't see the point of calling the processor to know when the results will be released. They'll be released when they are released. Just sit back and wait (easier said than done!).

HiOCEAN

New

Postby HiOCEAN » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:23 pm

nuri wrote:How I wish I could tell myself, sit back relax and don't worry because...I can't even pay attention at work without looking at IL bar website a million times, even though I know the results won't be released today

virgoyum wrote:

OK I do log into the website and just see if there are any updates on that right hand side ... So I am a little neurotic :P

mjr0773

New

Postby mjr0773 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:37 pm

HiOCEAN wrote:OK I do log into the website and just see if there are any updates on that right hand side ... So I am a little neurotic :P

... Which brings up a good point. Do we find out the results in an email or a post to our message board on the IBAB website? Or will it be the normal way where we get a "go check your messages" email like we have been getting in the past.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:39 pm

HiOCEAN wrote:
nuri wrote:How I wish I could tell myself, sit back relax and don't worry because...I can't even pay attention at work without looking at IL bar website a million times, even though I know the results won't be released today

virgoyum wrote:

OK I do log into the website and just see if there are any updates on that right hand side ... So I am a little neurotic :P

LOL!!

LMMadison

New

Postby LMMadison » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:40 pm

mjr0773 wrote:
HiOCEAN wrote:OK I do log into the website and just see if there are any updates on that right hand side ... So I am a little neurotic :P

... Which brings up a good point. Do we find out the results in an email or a post to our message board on the IBAB website? Or will it be the normal way where we get a "go check your messages" email like we have been getting in the past.

It will be the latter - a "go check your messages" email. You'll log in, and on the right there will be a message ("Exam Results" iirc) - which is structured as a letter saying thumbs up or thumbs down. If thumbs down, you'll get your score report a couple days later.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:42 pm

mjr0773 wrote:

You'll get an email much like the others from IBAB:

"Dear Such and Such

Please return to your homepage at https://www.ilbaradmissions.org/ and login to your account. Important information and/or documentation has been sent to you by the Illinois Board of Admissions to the Bar.

Regards,

Illinois Board of Admissions to the Bar"

Your letter will be under Admission documents titled "Exam Results.

pdwannabe

New

Postby pdwannabe » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:48 pm

that's actually good to know. so I don't have to keep refreshing the website, I can just check my email

it will be something that you can see from your phone, right? I won't be near a computer tomorrow

mjr0773

New

Postby mjr0773 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:50 pm

pdwannabe wrote:that's actually good to know. so I don't have to keep refreshing the website, I can just check my email

it will be something that you can see from your phone, right? I won't be near a computer tomorrow

Yes. I am able to see my messages in my phone's browser with no problems.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:52 pm

pdwannabe wrote:that's actually good to know. so I don't have to keep refreshing the website, I can just check my email

Yep sure can!

nuri

New

Postby nuri » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:53 pm

just reading the message about our results made my heart beat twice as fast as normal. so am i crazy? absolutely, can i stop? absolutely not!

mjr0773 wrote:

Yes. I am able to see my messages in my phone's browser with no problems.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?