Does this merit disclosure?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Toubro

Bronze

Does this merit disclosure?

Postby Toubro » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:31 am

If in order to accurately process my tax return the IRS requests me to submit an account of my expenses, or a form I had forgotten to file, or to verify my identity, does that merit disclosure under the NYS bar application Question 36 as an "inquiry . . . from . . . a government agency"?

In other words, do they just mean any inquiry whosoever, or one that someone would reasonably believe calls character and fitness into question?

reasonable_man_03

New

Re: Does this merit disclosure?

Postby reasonable_man_03 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:44 pm

Toubro wrote:If in order to accurately process my tax return the IRS requests me to submit an account of my expenses, or a form I had forgotten to file, or to verify my identity, does that merit disclosure under the NYS bar application Question 36 as an "inquiry . . . from . . . a government agency"?

In other words, do they just mean any inquiry whosoever, or one that someone would reasonably believe calls character and fitness into question?

I followed the policy of "when in doubt, disclose" in my application. The way i see it - as long as you are truthful and upfront it always helps.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�