MBE repeated fact patterns + questions?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
jir92

Bronze

MBE repeated fact patterns + questions?

Postby jir92 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Hi all,

Wow 2 days away. I remember for the LSAT, MPRE, and I know that among bar prep companies, there are many multiple choice questions that get repeatedly tested year after year. Any idea if the MBE has the same policy where they test, essentially, clones of questions from previous years?

puremorning

Silver

Re: MBE repeated fact patterns + questions?

Postby puremorning » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:25 pm

jir92 wrote:Hi all,

Wow 2 days away. I remember for the LSAT, MPRE, and I know that among bar prep companies, there are many multiple choice questions that get repeatedly tested year after year. Any idea if the MBE has the same policy where they test, essentially, clones of questions from previous years?

I've been doing Adaptibar, which uses past questions, and they do repeat a lot of the same fact patterns but often change the call of the question. After doing so many of them I know the fact pattern pretty well and am like, yeah yeah, the woman bought a snipe trap and transported it across state lines, or the woman was hit in a crosswalk by an old man with an expired license. I've found it extremely helpful to use a program with access to actual questions, even if Barbri's are more difficult than what is actually on the bar, I'm very familiar now with what I'm actually going to be presented with on Wednesday.

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:43 pm

puremorning wrote:

I've been doing Adaptibar, which uses past questions, and they do repeat a lot of the same fact patterns but often change the call of the question. After doing so many of them I know the fact pattern pretty well and am like, yeah yeah, the woman bought a snipe trap and transported it across state lines, or the woman was hit in a crosswalk by an old man with an expired license. I've found it extremely helpful to use a program with access to actual questions, even if Barbri's are more difficult than what is actually on the bar, I'm very familiar now with what I'm actually going to be presented with on Wednesday.

I've noticed this too, but I'm wondering if this was because in the 1990s exam the format was different- one question stem but it related to 2/3 Qs that all had different calls of the Q- (example: the following fact pattern pertains to Qs 3-5).

puremorning

Silver

Postby puremorning » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:52 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
puremorning wrote:

I've noticed this too, but I'm wondering if this was because in the 1990s exam the format was different- one question stem but it related to 2/3 Qs that all had different calls of the Q- (example: the following fact pattern pertains to Qs 3-5).

Good point. Can't wait until Wednesday to find out! J/k.

yankeeman86

Bronze

Postby yankeeman86 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:20 pm

puremorning wrote:

Adaptibar is known to be easy when compared to Kaplan/Themis/Barbri. You need various sources to score above average on the actual MBE.

ledv

New

Postby ledv » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:14 am

The game has completely changed. It's as if all the questions have evolved. They contain crossover MBEs with multiple issues clashing over each other. Be afraid. Be very very afraid.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�