How confident do you feel? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
AP5623

New

Re: How confident do you feel?

Post by AP5623 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:18 pm

eatthebarforlunch wrote:Has anyone in this thread gotten their bar results yet?
Waiting on SD....the slowest state ever.

blaze1306

Bronze

Post by blaze1306 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:28 pm

AP5623 wrote:
waiting on New Mexico, should be any day now...

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:14 am

happyhour1122 wrote:Anyone know when we find out which department we are in for NY?
Should have been on your initial application information from when you applied to sit for the exam.

Mine is the 3rd and I am out of state.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:51 am

lolabear727 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:Anyone know when we find out which department we are in for NY?
Should have been on your initial application information from when you applied to sit for the exam.

I don't see it anywhere! Where do you see yours?
I called and they said they would send out everyone emails....but when will that be... :?:

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:41 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:

I called and they said they would send out everyone emails....but when will that be... :?:
I can't find it in my emails where they specified the 3rd dept. I think it was on my application when I submitted it through the BOLE website. But every certificate form I had to send in, they always pre-printed the Albany location. Also, I called when submitting my final application just to make sure and they said the 3rd. It's a quick 2 minutes phone call. Just give them your BOLE #.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:47 pm

lolabear727 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:

I can't find it in my emails where they specified the 3rd dept. I think it was on my application when I submitted it through the BOLE website. But every certificate form I had to send in, they always pre-printed the Albany location. Also, I called when submitting my final application just to make sure and they said the 3rd. It's a quick 2 minutes phone call. Just give them your BOLE #.

I am third as well. But the reason why I ask is, the person I spoke to said not to send anything until we receive an email end of March. They need to first have the lists of people who took the bar so they can place the documents in the right place. I'm waiting on that..... ahhh so frustrated :evil: Even worse not having the results.

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:43 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:

I am third as well. But the reason why I ask is, the person I spoke to said not to send anything until we receive an email end of March. They need to first have the lists of people who took the bar so they can place the documents in the right place. I'm waiting on that..... ahhh so frustrated :evil: Even worse not having the results.
I posted this in the other forum - but to keep it together -

"This paragraph is applicable only to applicants who have taken the New York State Bar examination. In
the Second, Third and Fourth Judicial Departments, the application papers required by these instructions may be
filed at any time after you have taken the Bar examination, regardless of whether or not the results of the Bar examination
have been issued. In the First Judicial Department, the application papers may be filed only after you have
received notification that you have passed the examination and have been certified to the First Judicial Department."

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:50 pm

lolabear727 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:

"This paragraph is applicable only to applicants who have taken the New York State Bar examination. In
the Second, Third and Fourth Judicial Departments, the application papers required by these instructions may be
filed at any time after you have taken the Bar examination, regardless of whether or not the results of the Bar examination
have been issued. In the First Judicial Department, the application papers may be filed only after you have
received notification that you have passed the examination and have been certified to the First Judicial Department."

UPDATE - I just called the third and she told me the same thing that you said. I read her the instruction information verbatim, she said I should contact BOLE... Umm no. How about you all get on the same page and you call them. :roll:

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:51 pm

lolabear727 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:

UPDATE - I just called the third and she told me the same thing that you said. I read her the instruction information verbatim, she said I should contact BOLE... Umm no. How about you all get on the same page and you call them. :roll:
++++++++++++++111111111111111111111111

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:51 am

AP5623 wrote:
.....if CA actually seceded from the union

scoomer

New

Post by scoomer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:57 pm

bar_is_killing_me wrote:I had a dream last night that I passed with a 142 MBE scaled score. It was such an amazing feeling. I thought it was reality. I can't remember feeling that level of joy. Anyways, when I woke up, I was devastated. It was so sad, really really sad.
I have a scaled MBE of 148.4 (MA results came out so I know my score) - but I'm SO worried about the NY essays. MPT was okay, but anxious as hell about essays. I hope I pass.

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:07 pm

I don't feel feel confident at all. I'm a wreck. I can't go home and just sit with my anxiety so I drink some wine and that's fine but then I sleep terribly and wake up exhausted the next day for work, where I am like an anxious crackhead all day chugging redbulls to keep my hungover ass awake. I'm supposed to visit a friend this weekend but I don't know if I can, my anxiety levels are too high. I just wish I could sleep through the whole weekend.

Can someone put me in a coma until the results come out?

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:08 pm

scoomer wrote:
bar_is_killing_me wrote:I had a dream last night that I passed with a 142 MBE scaled score. It was such an amazing feeling. I thought it was reality. I can't remember feeling that level of joy. Anyways, when I woke up, I was devastated. It was so sad, really really sad.
I have a scaled MBE of 148.4 (MA results came out so I know my score) - but I'm SO worried about the NY essays. MPT was okay, but anxious as hell about essays. I hope I pass.

I'm the opposite- feel iffy about mpt1 the prof resp one. I dont think I analyzed well enough. Oh and iffy about trusts essay.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

InterAlia1961

Bronze

Post by InterAlia1961 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:58 pm

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:I don't feel feel confident at all. I'm a wreck. I can't go home and just sit with my anxiety so I drink some wine and that's fine but then I sleep terribly and wake up exhausted the next day for work, where I am like an anxious crackhead all day chugging redbulls to keep my hungover ass awake. I'm supposed to visit a friend this weekend but I don't know if I can, my anxiety levels are too high. I just wish I could sleep through the whole weekend.

Can someone put me in a coma until the results come out?
It's rough. I've been walking a little more when I can. I'm not feeling good about my performance on the MBE or the written portion of the CBX. Already looking into travel plans for July. I was talking with a friend who asked if I at least knew where the graders are in the process. When I explained that applicants have no idea where in the process the graders or nor do we know what the rubric they're using looks like, he thought it sounded like some kind of scam. He could be right.

Read a book. I'm reading Presumed Guilty by Jose Baez. Good read. I think his client is innocent. Didn't think that when I started.

Hang in there. And switch to mimosas. At least they have juice in them.

ur_hero

Bronze

Post by ur_hero » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:20 pm

So twisted. I've gone from feeling reasonably confident, to flip-flopping on a day-to-day basis, to now being convinced of and preparing myself for failure most days.

Almost there, though.

scoomer

New

Post by scoomer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:27 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
scoomer wrote:

I'm the opposite- feel iffy about mpt1 the prof resp one. I dont think I analyzed well enough. Oh and iffy about trusts essay.
Oh yeah, that trusts essay. Made up so many rules.

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:27 pm

scoomer wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
scoomer wrote:

Q2 and 3 especially on trusts. Q1 wasnt so bad.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:30 pm

ur_hero wrote:So twisted. I've gone from feeling reasonably confident, to flip-flopping on a day-to-day basis, to now being convinced of and preparing myself for failure most days.

Almost there, though.

ME TOO.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:18 am

cnk1220 wrote:
scoomer wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
scoomer wrote:

Q2 and 3 especially on trusts. Q1 wasnt so bad.
for q1 i think it was whether there was a valid trust. I literally wrote 3 sentences...
Q2 and 3....what was it? don't even remember, but I know I mixed something reference and did a random family tree. I am SOOOOOOO off.

GoBills4life

Bronze

Post by GoBills4life » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:24 am

Just about as confident as a self-conscious female with a bag of potato chips.

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:43 am

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:
ur_hero wrote:So twisted. I've gone from feeling reasonably confident, to flip-flopping on a day-to-day basis, to now being convinced of and preparing myself for failure most days.

Almost there, though.

ME TOO.
Third.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:44 am

PersistentAttorney wrote:

Almost there, though.

ME TOO.
Third.

ME FOUR.

PersistentAttorney

Bronze

Post by PersistentAttorney » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:53 am

happyhour1122 wrote:

Almost there, though.

ME TOO.
Third.

ME FOUR.
Look guys. We have to think positive and interpret positively every situation in order to survive this wait. For instance, if we combine the four of us we get a happy & persistent superhero dressed in a black cape who is perfectly capable of drowning his/her bar exam failure in liquor (or celebrate his/her success) half-price. Cheers! :mrgreen:

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:56 am

happyhour1122 wrote:

Almost there, though.

ME TOO.
Third.

ME FOUR.
Look guys. We have to think positive and interpret positively every situation in order to survive this wait. For instance, if we combine the four of us we get a happy & persistent superhero dressed in a black cape who is perfectly capable of drowning his/her bar exam failure in liquor (or celebrate his/her success) half-price. Cheers! :mrgreen:

guys..... I am in a way thankful i could get some sleep tonight...

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:02 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Almost there, though.

ME TOO.
Third.

ME FOUR.

guys..... I am in a way thankful i could get some sleep tonight...
I need so much sleep tonight.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”