UBE Score Estimator Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
JoeSeperac

UBE Score Estimator

Post by JoeSeperac » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:45 pm

With each exam, I see a lot of examinees unnecessarily panic as the exam nears. To give examinees a good understanding of their odds of passing the UBE exam, I took every available statistic from a credible source (e.g. NCBE and NYBOLE) and created a calculator based on that data. While there will always be outliers, the estimations should accurately reflect the majority of examinees sitting for the exam. These statistics will either make you feel more confident or remind you that more work needs to be put into the exam. However, even if you are in an at-risk category, your MBE practice scores (assuming the MBE practice questions are of sufficient difficulty and representative of the topics tested) will give you the most insight as to whether or not you will pass the bar exam:

http://seperac.com/zcalc-passcalc.php

JoeSeperac

Re: UBE Score Estimator

Post by JoeSeperac » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:53 am

I just posted a 2nd iteration of my UBE Score Estimator. This calculator should be pretty accurate for First-Time Domestic candidates (for the First-Time Domestic candidates who used the calculator and followed up with me after the F17 exam, the PASS/FAIL determination was correct 100% of the time). If you are a re-taker or foreign examinee, take the calculator with a grain of salt (it will tell you the average score for your demographic but the assessment is not as accurate as with First-Time Domestic candidates).

Kalani111

New

Post by Kalani111 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:01 pm

Domestic retaker and the MBE estimated was only off by 2 points. Nicely done.

JoeSeperac

Post by JoeSeperac » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:52 pm

I just released the 3rd iteration of my UBE Score Estimator:

https://www.seperac.com/zcalc-passcalc.php

This calculator will fairly accurately estimate your UBE bar exam scores based on the demographic and grade information you enter. Recent enhancements include adjustments based on law school tier (for domestic examinees) and country of education for Foreign examinees. This calculator is reasonably accurate for all demographics, particularly First-Time Domestic candidates (for the First-Time Domestic candidates who used the calculator and followed up with me after the exam, the PASS/FAIL determination has been correct 100% of the time).

juliejul

New

Post by juliejul » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:26 pm

This is honestly freaky! It predicted my exact UBE score (but was a whopping 3.4 points off for MBE).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”