One More Week

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
cnk1220

Silver

One More Week

Postby cnk1220 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:50 am

Anyone else super anxious? I'm so nervous and we're a week out. It's like no matter how much I study I still feel like I don't know shit.

:( :shock: :?

jir92

Bronze

Re: One More Week

Postby jir92 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:57 am

cnk1220 wrote:Anyone else super anxious? I'm so nervous and we're a week out. It's like no matter how much I study I still feel like I don't know shit.

:( :shock: :?

Same. I feel like it will never end, yet I'm running out of time. I'm worried because while I think I can explain lots of rules I don't know if I really have things memorized cold verbatim from my outlines.

But you know what, we'll be fine, and do great because we've made it this far! *tries to be super cheery!*

davidtothej05

New

Postby davidtothej05 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 am

My employer requested I sit for two exams (ME and Mass) and I am desperately trying to learn Mass distinctions this week - and I still feel that I haven't learned an ounce of BLL. I just wish it would stop snowing. It is hard to study with the kids home from school and having to clear the driveway every couple of hours.

But it's almost over, so hooray for that.

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:31 pm

davidtothej05 wrote:My employer requested I sit for two exams (ME and Mass) and I am desperately trying to learn Mass distinctions this week - and I still feel that I haven't learned an ounce of BLL. I just wish it would stop snowing. It is hard to study with the kids home from school and having to clear the driveway every couple of hours.

Ugh, I can't imagine learning two sets of state distinctions. I'm in a UBE state. Good luck!!

authio

New

Postby authio » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:40 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
davidtothej05 wrote:My employer requested I sit for two exams (ME and Mass) and I am desperately trying to learn Mass distinctions this week - and I still feel that I haven't learned an ounce of BLL. I just wish it would stop snowing. It is hard to study with the kids home from school and having to clear the driveway every couple of hours.

Ugh, I can't imagine learning two sets of state distinctions. I'm in a UBE state. Good luck!!

Ditto (I'm also in a UBE state). Good luck, man.

davidtothej05

New

Postby davidtothej05 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:53 pm

Ironically both Maine and Mass are going UBE in the next few cycles (not that I want the opportunity to take the UBE). Oh well. Good luck to you all as well.

evergirl23

Bronze

Postby evergirl23 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:42 pm

I am so glad I am not the only one dealing with parenting while studying. So not fun. GL to all.

puremorning

Silver

Postby puremorning » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:16 pm

One of the things that pushes me is knowing that my former boss who encouraged me to take the bar was working full-time and a new dad when he sat for the bar. I'm working full time, but when I start thinking that I'm crazy for pursuing it I just tell myself, Craig passed this while working AND with a newborn, and it was when the NY bar was harder, I can do it!

davidtothej05

New

Postby davidtothej05 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:31 pm

evergirl23 wrote:I am so glad I am not the only one dealing with parenting while studying. So not fun. GL to all.

I have been doing dramatic readings of the outlines to my kids at bedtime. My 4 year old knows the elements of negligence :cry: .

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:37 pm

puremorning wrote:One of the things that pushes me is knowing that my former boss who encouraged me to take the bar was working full-time and a new dad when he sat for the bar. I'm working full time, but when I start thinking that I'm crazy for pursuing it I just tell myself, Craig passed this while working AND with a newborn, and it was when the NY bar was harder, I can do it!

The pass rate is super uncool for feb. Although this is the first UBE in feb, so hopefully much higher.

I think people would be a lot less stressed out studying if they just rose the pass rate for some states, I know if I was taking an exam in a 75-80% pass rate state I wouldn't be as worried as I am now.

evergirl23

Bronze

Postby evergirl23 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:46 pm

davidtothej05 wrote:
evergirl23 wrote:I am so glad I am not the only one dealing with parenting while studying. So not fun. GL to all.

I have been doing dramatic readings of the outlines to my kids at bedtime. My 4 year old knows the elements of negligence :cry: .

Hah! I should have been doing that. My 4 year old just wants the test to be over.

evergirl23

Bronze

Postby evergirl23 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:47 pm

puremorning wrote:One of the things that pushes me is knowing that my former boss who encouraged me to take the bar was working full-time and a new dad when he sat for the bar. I'm working full time, but when I start thinking that I'm crazy for pursuing it I just tell myself, Craig passed this while working AND with a newborn, and it was when the NY bar was harder, I can do it!

I sat for and passed California in 2013 with a nine-month-old, though I wasn't working at the time. We can both do this!

evergirl23

Bronze

Postby evergirl23 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:49 pm

cnk1220 wrote:

The pass rate is super uncool for feb. Although this is the first UBE in feb, so hopefully much higher.

I think people would be a lot less stressed out studying if they just rose the pass rate for some states, I know if I was taking an exam in a 75-80% pass rate state I wouldn't be as worried as I am now.

Ohhh, why did I look this up?!?

http://barexam.virginia.gov/bar/barstats.html

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:50 pm

FYI waiting is worse.

cnk1220

Silver

Postby cnk1220 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:55 pm

evergirl23 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:

Ohhh, why did I look this up?!?

http://barexam.virginia.gov/bar/barstats.html

LOL at 2009. 49%. Didn't know VA was trying to compete with CA for the lowest pass rate.

rcharter1978

Gold

Postby rcharter1978 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:34 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:FYI waiting is worse.

Damn it...so much this

Tim123

New

Postby Tim123 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:55 pm

.. :roll:

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�