Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
crumb cake

Bronze

Postby crumb cake » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:24 pm

Last edited by crumb cake on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Re: Using backgroundchecks.com or similar to ensure accurate reporting for C&F

Postby kellyfrost » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:48 pm

I wouldn't use a third party service. How can you verify the accuracy of their services?

You should remember everything you need to disclose. Not to the exact day, but a general idea of what you need to disclose.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rcharter1978

Gold

Postby rcharter1978 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:13 am

crumb cake wrote:Did anyone use a third party service to find this stuff? Parking citations in various cities, etc. This is probably a dumb question, but does using a service like this look strange to a C&F panel?

How would the c&f committee know you're using it? I couldn't see the problem if you were using a service just to make sure you accurately reported information to them.

If I had been required to disclose parking tickets for a number of years back I would probably want to make sure I had the right information too because those are easy to forget.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Postby kellyfrost » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:47 am

rcharter1978 wrote:
crumb cake wrote:Did anyone use a third party service to find this stuff? Parking citations in various cities, etc. This is probably a dumb question, but does using a service like this look strange to a C&F panel?

How would the c&f committee know you're using it? I couldn't see the problem if you were using a service just to make sure you accurately reported information to them.

If I had been required to disclose parking tickets for a number of years back I would probably want to make sure I had the right information too because those are easy to forget.

Those online services, who advertise via pop up ads, are extremely unreliable.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PunkWonkMike

New

Postby PunkWonkMike » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:22 pm

kellyfrost wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:

Those online services, who advertise via pop up ads, are extremely unreliable.

This. Chances are if you can't find any record of something, these services aren't going to be any better. At best, it's like you're paying them to google you and maybe check out freely accessible online court records.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�