Printing in bulk Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
L_William_W

Bronze

Printing in bulk

Post by L_William_W » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:07 am

After a meticulous online search, I discovered that the Georgia Bar website has EVERY MPT since the year 2000. Since the MPT is the utter bane of my existence, this is really helpful to me. Just one problem: How the hell am I supposed to print 500 (?) pages worth of material? I can't print that many pages from my local library. Is there a commercial service that can print in bulk (preferably double sided) and if so, is the price reasonable?

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Re: Printing in bulk

Post by ZVBXRPL » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:46 am

L_William_W wrote:After a meticulous online search, I discovered that the Georgia Bar website has EVERY MPT since the year 2000. Since the MPT is the utter bane of my existence, this is really helpful to me. Just one problem: How the hell am I supposed to print 500 (?) pages worth of material? I can't print that many pages from my local library. Is there a commercial service that can print in bulk (preferably double sided) and if so, is the price reasonable?
Id print 2-4 pages on each page, double sided.

iwantmybar

Bronze

Post by iwantmybar » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:13 am

Are you guys serious...

Asking where you can print your stuff....

LockBox

Bronze

Post by LockBox » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:15 pm

L_William_W wrote:After a meticulous online search, I discovered that the Georgia Bar website has EVERY MPT since the year 2000. Since the MPT is the utter bane of my existence, this is really helpful to me. Just one problem: How the hell am I supposed to print 500 (?) pages worth of material? I can't print that many pages from my local library. Is there a commercial service that can print in bulk (preferably double sided) and if so, is the price reasonable?
After your multiple posts about failing NY twice, then failing NJ before passing NJ and who knows how many other bar exams, you're now taking another bar exam? My advice: grab a laptop, read the prompt and type up your response. Then, read the sample answers on your laptop. Spend more time working, and less time worrying about printing. Unless you want to keep taking bar exams over and over...

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:05 pm

LockBox wrote:
After your multiple posts about failing NY twice, then failing NJ before passing NJ and who knows how many other bar exams, you're now taking another bar exam? My advice: grab a laptop, read the prompt and type up your response. Then, read the sample answers on your laptop. Spend more time working, and less time worrying about printing. Unless you want to keep taking bar exams over and over...
I also like reading printed material so I can scribble, write and make notes on it.

But the bar exam is right around the corner, so I don't see how anyone would have time to go through 500 pages of material at this point in any meaningful way. Especially given that you have to also study other aspects of the exam. I think its easy to just try to get your hands on every single piece of study material you can find, and I fell into that trap too. But ultimately I think its better to pick a few really good study tools and have a high quality review.

As was pointed out, you're probably going to want to do the MPT or at least outline it and compare it to the model answer, right? If thats the case, its probably a better idea to not go through every single MPT but rather to try to focus on doing a good cross section of assignments. BTW, if MPT is the bane of your existence, you should get the red MPT book, or find it in a library. That book helped me out a lot, even though I was taking the California bar.

OP -- why not just print up 2-3 MPT's at a time as you go along? That way you'll only print out what you need and not 350 pages of stuff you'll never get to. You should be able to easily find a place to print up the answers piecemeal. But seriously....the red MPT book, if PTs are your problem and you haven't gone through that book, you really should. See if you can borrow it from the library (I remember the price of the book shot up as the bar exam got closer)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”