Anyone studying with music or white noise in the background

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Anyone studying with music or white noise in the background

Postby gladiator0flaw11 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:07 pm

Yes, I know it seems like a bad idea because on exam day we can't do this and only ear plugs are allowed. I was wondering if anyone is still doing this anyway because I'm 10x more efficient with white noise

sublime

Diamond

Re: Anyone studying with music or white noise in the background

Postby sublime » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:33 pm

If you work better then do it. Maybe not for practice tests but whatever. I listened to music and podcasts when studying and passed comfortably. Do what works for you.

musashino

New

Postby musashino » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:54 am

Nope, using Brown Noise. Even White Noise is too erratic for me. Using it right now too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqAS9u4iunA

And I don't think it's a bad idea at all.

The Bar's not the LSAT. Most of the questions are going to hinge on you either knowing the law and its application or not.

You being without your white noise and thus not being able to 100% focus on the question likely isn't going to be a relevant factor imho.

rcharter1978

Gold

Postby rcharter1978 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:43 am

sublime wrote:If you work better then do it. Maybe not for practice tests but whatever. I listened to music and podcasts when studying and passed comfortably. Do what works for you.

This. But I always think studying is different than test day. People will say different, and MV, but I don't think there is much of anything you can do to truly replicate the test day experience. I never had the same nerves and adrenaline during a practice test that I had on test day.

Studying should be about getting that knowledge into your brain, as your brain tries to fight you by thinking about how sexy The Rock is. Or maybe thats just my brain.

Either way -- whatever works to get the knowledge to stick is what you should be doing.

Good luck!!!!

encore1101

Silver

Postby encore1101 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:40 am

It's not a terrible idea. It's not like the bar exam is totally quiet. If you're taking the bar at a popular test-taking location (i.e. Javitz Center), there's going to be noise: HVACs, people typing/coughing, and if you're unlucky, heavily breathing near you.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�