MEE Subject Study (UBE) Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
cnk1220

Silver

MEE Subject Study (UBE)

Post by cnk1220 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:25 pm

I'm currently studying for a UBE state. Secured Transactions is very unlikely to reappear again (if it did it would be for the 3rd time and that hasn't happened in like 20 years)...if I were to just skip ST completely how bad of an idea is this?

Unfortunately, I did not take a lot of the MEE subjects in law school so I'm starting from scratch with Business Orgs, Wills/Trusts, and Family Law so I would obviously rather take up brain space learning subjects that could appear.

filibuster

Bronze

Re: MEE Subject Study (UBE)

Post by filibuster » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:25 pm

I would not skip any subjects for the MEE. Know them ALL just well enough. It is not worth a gamble in my opinion. I took the last administration of the UBE and many of us were shocked with what showed up. They repeated ST for the first time and combined a MEE subject with an MBE subject for the first time.

Edit: Feel free to PM me OP

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:51 pm

I'm so tempted to do that too. I'm not going to study it as hard as subjects predicted to be on the test, but I'm at least going to have enough memorized that I can BS an essay if it shows up for the third administration in a row.

musashino

New

Post by musashino » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:05 pm

It's appeared 3 times in the last 4 tests. How is that "unlikely?"

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:14 pm

musashino wrote:It's appeared 3 times in the last 4 tests. How is that "unlikely?"

I'm talking about the unlikeliness of ST reappearing for the third time in a row because 3x in a row has never happened before if you look back to when they started doing the MEE in the 1990s..and neither did 2x in a row until July '16 apparently..it's more likely they will probably test on other MEE topics that weren't tested back to back in the last few administrations (trusts/wills/family law) instead, but of course anything could be possible.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

just_me

New

Post by just_me » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:11 pm

filibuster wrote:I would not skip any subjects for the MEE. Know them ALL just well enough. It is not worth a gamble in my opinion. I took the last administration of the UBE and many of us were shocked with what showed up. They repeated ST for the first time and combined a MEE subject with an MBE subject for the first time.

Edit: Feel free to PM me OP
I agree with this. There will always be topics you feel better prepared for than others. However, I think for every topic, you want to (at the very least) be in the position to write something, and have it be logical.

With some subjects - such as family law or business law - if you're alive in the world and have perhaps seen a procedural cop/lawyer show, you can probably make something up. But with something like secured transactions, for me at least, had I not done a couple of days on it, I literally would have been able to write nothing.

Bluem_11

Bronze

Post by Bluem_11 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:37 pm

I think trying to outsmart the NCBE is not the wisest strategy. Their job is to try and test your legal knowledge, not see if you can detect patterns. For all you know 2 of your essays could be ST.

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:24 pm

Bluem_11 wrote:I think trying to outsmart the NCBE is not the wisest strategy. Their job is to try and test your legal knowledge, not see if you can detect patterns. For all you know 2 of your essays could be ST.
2? Was this a typo? I didn't think the MEE tested 2/6 essays on the same topics...regardless I will be spending a few days on ST. I was hoping to talk myself out of it because of the likelihood of what prediction websites have said but it's just not the best idea.

Bluem_11

Bronze

Post by Bluem_11 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:30 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
Bluem_11 wrote:I think trying to outsmart the NCBE is not the wisest strategy. Their job is to try and test your legal knowledge, not see if you can detect patterns. For all you know 2 of your essays could be ST.
2? Was this a typo? I didn't think the MEE tested 2/6 essays on the same topics...regardless I will be spending a few days on ST. I was hoping to talk myself out of it because of the likelihood of what prediction websites have said but it's just not the best idea.
As the previous posters made a point about, and what I was trying to allude to, there are no rules. The MEE does not have a standard format that it must obey. I think smart studying, i.e. spending more time on jurisdiction than adoptions is a wise thing to do, but trying to game the system is not something I'd recommend simply because there are no certainties on the bar.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

queenslawstudent718

New

Post by queenslawstudent718 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:44 am

Hi, I am having trouble with the mee subjects. Does anyone have a copy of the lecture notes? Thank you.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:09 pm

I tutor the MEE; I don't think it's very unlikely that Secured Transactions will show up. It's trendy, and I would be prepared for it.

Sean (Silverman Bar Preparation)

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:39 pm

SilvermanBarPrep wrote:I tutor the MEE; I don't think it's very unlikely that Secured Transactions will show up. It's trendy, and I would be prepared for it.

Sean (Silverman Bar Preparation)
Could you give us your prediction on those subjects that likely to come up? :)

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:13 pm

I tend to not go there, even though I remember wanting to read predictions when I was taking the test!!. The reason why I don't make them is because I've studied the test extensively over the years and there are no real patterns. In fact the only consistency is inconsistency! :shock:

When I say to be prepared for Art 9, I don't necessarily mean that I expect it will show up. Only that I don't think there is any reliable evidence at all that it won't show up on this exam.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”