Character and fitness question

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
winemeup

New

Character and fitness question

Postby winemeup » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:21 am

I know that bar examiners review your law school application for consistency with your bar exam application. My question is, do they only review your application to the law school you ultimately attended or do they look at all of your law school applications?

mjb447

Silver

Re: Character and fitness question

Postby mjb447 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:23 am

Disclose and it won't be an issue.

anon3030

New

Postby anon3030 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:07 pm

mjb447 wrote:Disclose and it won't be an issue.

What exactly would this person disclose ? Also, how? The application does not have any questions that would prompt an answer like this.

blueapple

Silver

Postby blueapple » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:23 pm

anon3030 wrote:

What exactly would this person disclose ? Also, how? The application does not have any questions that would prompt an answer like this.

It seems OP might be worried about something specific that they have disclosed in one app but not in the app for the school they chose to attend (or vice versa). So mjb is suggesting that OP disclose to all schools whatever it is they're worried about. Also I'm not sure what you mean by the bolded.

To answer the original question directly, I'm not sure. You might look at the FAQ for the state bar you think you're going to take and see if they mention anything about it, but I know my state has no information about that. If what you're worried about is something like... you changed jobs after accepting a spot at X school and updated them with a new resume, but you didn't send an updated resume to Y and Z schools after declining their offers... I wouldn't worry about that.
Last edited by blueapple on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nebby

Diamond

Postby Nebby » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:25 pm

winemeup wrote:I know that bar examiners review your law school application for consistency with your bar exam application. My question is, do they only review your application to the law school you ultimately attended or do they look at all of your law school applications?

Probably not but what does it matter? Are you planning on selectively disclosing information to different schools? Why?

mjb447

Silver

Postby mjb447 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:30 pm

blueapple wrote:
anon3030 wrote:

It seems OP might be worried about something specific that they have disclosed in one app but not in the app for the school they chose to attend (or vice versa). So mjb is suggesting that OP disclose to all schools whatever it is they're worried about. Also I'm not sure what you mean by the bolded.

To answer the original question directly, I'm not sure. You might look at the FAQ for the state bar you think you're going to take and see if they mention anything about it, but I know my state has no information about that. If what you're worried about is something like... you changed jobs after accepting a spot at X school and updated them with a new resume, but you didn't send an updated resume to Y and Z schools after declining their offers... I wouldn't worry about that.

Exactly, thanks for clarifying. It's possible that I misunderstood OP's question, but in general it's almost always better to disclose and not be cagey on C&F stuff.

(ETA I'm assuming that there's something in another app that could actually cause a C&F issue; as your example demonstrates, that may not be the case even if a discrepancy exists between the apps.)

rcharter1978

Gold

Postby rcharter1978 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:51 pm

OP -- just the one you attended.

But I will echo every one else. Just disclose everything to every one all the time.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�