DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

No_name
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:14 am

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby No_name » Fri May 12, 2017 12:46 pm

cho8583 wrote:
No_name wrote:
texas2dclawchick wrote:Anyone brave enough to call them?


I am on hold now...I'll post an update...


Yeah, I did that but after about 25 mins, I hang up.. Good luck NoName! Please give us an update!!!!


I'll wait as long as I have to for them to come back on the line...I will post an update as soon as I speak with a person...

rr82
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:20 pm

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby rr82 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:47 pm

I just wonder what the heck is causing this delay in general. I'd like details...

cho8583
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby cho8583 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:51 pm

DisCo wrote:Heard from a good source (yes I'm doing this again lol) that they're trying hard for today, but if that doesn't happen then it'll be Monday at the latest.

This makes it sound like we should wait until COB to write today off.


I really want to know who's your source is... lol

No_name
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:14 am

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby No_name » Fri May 12, 2017 12:58 pm

cho8583 wrote:
DisCo wrote:Heard from a good source (yes I'm doing this again lol) that they're trying hard for today, but if that doesn't happen then it'll be Monday at the latest.

This makes it sound like we should wait until COB to write today off.


I really want to know who's your source is... lol


Loose lips sink ships! :|

jesskim
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:20 am

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby jesskim » Fri May 12, 2017 1:02 pm

I really hope they try harder for today, release the result by COB and enjoy their weekend.

No_name
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:14 am

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby No_name » Fri May 12, 2017 1:19 pm

No_name wrote:
cho8583 wrote:
No_name wrote:
texas2dclawchick wrote:Anyone brave enough to call them?


I am on hold now...I'll post an update...


Yeah, I did that but after about 25 mins, I hang up.. Good luck NoName! Please give us an update!!!!


I'll wait as long as I have to for them to come back on the line...I will post an update as soon as I speak with a person...


The official word is that they are hoping for today, "but if not, then early next week." I asked if that meant Monday and was met with "around there, but definitely early next week." I did not get a warm fuzzy feeling when I was told that they are "still working to get the scores completed."

texas2dclawchick
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:00 am

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby texas2dclawchick » Fri May 12, 2017 1:26 pm

No_name wrote:
No_name wrote:
cho8583 wrote:
No_name wrote:
texas2dclawchick wrote:Anyone brave enough to call them?


I am on hold now...I'll post an update...


Yeah, I did that but after about 25 mins, I hang up.. Good luck NoName! Please give us an update!!!!


I'll wait as long as I have to for them to come back on the line...I will post an update as soon as I speak with a person...


The official word is that they are hoping for today, "but if not, then early next week." I asked if that meant Monday and was met with "around there, but definitely early next week." I did not get a warm fuzzy feeling when I was told that they are "still working to get the scores completed."



wtf-like,.....still fucking grading?

texas2dclawchick
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:00 am

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby texas2dclawchick » Fri May 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Honestly losing hope for them releasing today considering its already 1:30 and they are 'still trying' and DC gov is notoriously inefficient

No_name
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:14 am

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby No_name » Fri May 12, 2017 1:28 pm

texas2dclawchick wrote:
No_name wrote:
No_name wrote:
cho8583 wrote:
No_name wrote:
texas2dclawchick wrote:Anyone brave enough to call them?


I am on hold now...I'll post an update...


Yeah, I did that but after about 25 mins, I hang up.. Good luck NoName! Please give us an update!!!!


I'll wait as long as I have to for them to come back on the line...I will post an update as soon as I speak with a person...


The official word is that they are hoping for today, "but if not, then early next week." I asked if that meant Monday and was met with "around there, but definitely early next week." I did not get a warm fuzzy feeling when I was told that they are "still working to get the scores completed."



wtf-like,.....still fucking grading?


That was the impression that I got, but that just can't be!

texas2dclawchick
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:00 am

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby texas2dclawchick » Fri May 12, 2017 1:31 pm

No_name wrote:
texas2dclawchick wrote:
No_name wrote:
No_name wrote:
cho8583 wrote:
No_name wrote:
texas2dclawchick wrote:Anyone brave enough to call them?


I am on hold now...I'll post an update...


Yeah, I did that but after about 25 mins, I hang up.. Good luck NoName! Please give us an update!!!!


I'll wait as long as I have to for them to come back on the line...I will post an update as soon as I speak with a person...


The official word is that they are hoping for today, "but if not, then early next week." I asked if that meant Monday and was met with "around there, but definitely early next week." I did not get a warm fuzzy feeling when I was told that they are "still working to get the scores completed."



wtf-like,.....still fucking grading?


That's absolutely bonkers.

No_name
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:14 am

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby No_name » Fri May 12, 2017 1:36 pm

texas2dclawchick wrote:Honestly losing hope for them releasing today considering its already 1:30 and they are 'still trying' and DC gov is notoriously inefficient


I am with you. If I don't receive results today, I am submitting my application for the July exam online this weekend. Let them figure out how to refund me if I passed.

knifeheart
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby knifeheart » Fri May 12, 2017 1:46 pm

No_name wrote:
texas2dclawchick wrote:Honestly losing hope for them releasing today considering its already 1:30 and they are 'still trying' and DC gov is notoriously inefficient


I am with you. If I don't receive results today, I am submitting my application for the July exam online this weekend. Let them figure out how to refund me if I passed.


I wouldn't hold your breath.

cho8583
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby cho8583 » Fri May 12, 2017 1:48 pm

No_name wrote:The official word is that they are hoping for today, "but if not, then early next week." I asked if that meant Monday and was met with "around there, but definitely early next week." I did not get a warm fuzzy feeling when I was told that they are "still working to get the scores completed."


Man.. I know I did my creative BS for the entire essays, but still, they were given enough time to decode my BS! What's their problem still grading? :?

TiredLawGrad
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 2:49 pm

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby TiredLawGrad » Fri May 12, 2017 2:52 pm

My nerves are frayed! Any more updates? What's the likelihood they work a little late and get scores to us later tonight, like in California?

bangbang07
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby bangbang07 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:59 pm

TiredLawGrad wrote:My nerves are frayed! Any more updates? What's the likelihood they work a little late and get scores to us later tonight, like in California?


I doubt they'll get the scores to us later tonight, and I agree w/TXtoDC in that I'm losing hope that it'll come out today. I'm with you though, my nerves are shot. I'm trying to figure out stuff to do to take my mind off of this nonsense this weekend. This combined with following my mom around the mall buying her stuff is what I imagine to be the 7th circle of hell.

maxmartin
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby maxmartin » Fri May 12, 2017 3:12 pm

rr82 wrote:I just wonder what the heck is causing this delay in general. I'd like details...

Rumor on the street is that they found a rogue grader randomly assigning score without reading the essay.

knifeheart
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby knifeheart » Fri May 12, 2017 3:13 pm

maxmartin wrote:
rr82 wrote:I just wonder what the heck is causing this delay in general. I'd like details...

Rumor on the street is that they found a rogue grader randomly assigning score without reading the essay.


As long as they were passing grades . . .

TiredLawGrad
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 2:49 pm

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby TiredLawGrad » Fri May 12, 2017 3:43 pm

Graders are their employees. Why should we be penalized for their mistakes? The least they could have done was to email the applicants to let us know of the delay and give us instructions for reapplication instead of leaving us to gleam any information possible from the grapevine.

texas2dclawchick
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:00 am

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby texas2dclawchick » Fri May 12, 2017 3:57 pm

TiredLawGrad wrote:Graders are their employees. Why should we be penalized for their mistakes? The least they could have done was to email the applicants to let us know of the delay and give us instructions for reapplication instead of leaving us to gleam any information possible from the grapevine.


What do you mean employees? I thought attorneys would be grading.

cho8583
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby cho8583 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:46 pm

Result is up! Congrats those of you passed. Back to my study now! :(

DisCo
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:56 pm

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby DisCo » Fri May 12, 2017 4:49 pm

It's up!

Passed. Just scared the sh*t out of everyone in my office when I screamed.

Mjleach
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby Mjleach » Fri May 12, 2017 4:55 pm

About time!!
Congrats to all who passed.
Thanks for giving me a place to vent.

No_name
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:14 am

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby No_name » Fri May 12, 2017 5:04 pm

No_name's name was on the list! Congrats to all who passed!

cho8583
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby cho8583 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:53 pm

so.. do you guys know how we can get the scores?

No_name
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:14 am

Re: DC Bar - Feb 2017 (UBE)

Postby No_name » Fri May 12, 2017 6:12 pm

cho8583 wrote:so.. do you guys know how we can get the scores?


From reading prior threads on here, I believe they mail them out within a few weeks.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: codyal90, cricketlove00 and 20 guests