Transfer / Accreditation impact on the Bar

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
ohhkaayy

New

Transfer / Accreditation impact on the Bar

Postby ohhkaayy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:18 pm

I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct forum, but here goes.

I transferred from one accredited law school to another. I just found out that my former school may be losing its accreditation and even closing its doors. Does anyone know if this would affect my ability to take the Bar? I would still be able to graduate, but my school is unclear about whether that will affect anything else. I emailed the Board of Bar Examiners and haven't heard anything yet.

Thank you in advance.

rcharter1978

Gold

Re: Transfer / Accreditation impact on the Bar

Postby rcharter1978 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:59 pm

ohhkaayy wrote:I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct forum, but here goes.

I transferred from one accredited law school to another. I just found out that my former school may be losing its accreditation and even closing its doors. Does anyone know if this would affect my ability to take the Bar? I would still be able to graduate, but my school is unclear about whether that will affect anything else. I emailed the Board of Bar Examiners and haven't heard anything yet.

Thank you in advance.

I don't think it should have any impact. ASAIK you just have to graduate from an accredited school. If the transfer school has accepted your credits it should be up to their standards

ohhkaayy

New

Re: Transfer / Accreditation impact on the Bar

Postby ohhkaayy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:45 pm

Thank you!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�