Impossible to sit for the UBE and Florida Bar Exam for February? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Impossible to sit for the UBE and Florida Bar Exam for February?

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:28 pm

Does Florida have an exception for those who also sit for the UBE, or you have to just choose one? I get more job interview responses from Florida than my home state which requires the UBE. FML

Jacaranda21

New

Re: Impossible to sit for the UBE and Florida Bar Exam for February?

Post by Jacaranda21 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:25 am

I would be very surprised if Florida has such an exception. I took and passed the bar in July and I think I would've heard of something like this if it was out there. Florida is not very friendly to out of staters and probably would not have any policy that encourages people to take another bar. They also probably don't want anyone taking the test before/after anyone else so it all gets done at the same time in Tampa. Kind of sucks. Sitting for a second bar exam in another state because Fl has no reciprocity and I don't want to be stuck there forever just in case.

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Re: Impossible to sit for the UBE and Florida Bar Exam for February?

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:49 pm

Jacaranda21 wrote:I would be very surprised if Florida has such an exception. I took and passed the bar in July and I think I would've heard of something like this if it was out there. Florida is not very friendly to out of staters and probably would not have any policy that encourages people to take another bar. They also probably don't want anyone taking the test before/after anyone else so it all gets done at the same time in Tampa. Kind of sucks. Sitting for a second bar exam in another state because Fl has no reciprocity and I don't want to be stuck there forever just in case.
Very good point, I just wanted that option to leave the Northeast and neither Cali nor Florida adopted the UBE. I guess I'll have to sit again in the future. fml

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”