Those sitting for the bar exam a third time, how are you pushing yourself to prepare

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Those sitting for the bar exam a third time, how are you pushing yourself to prepare

Postby gladiator0flaw11 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:10 am

I feel like the first one, I didn't adequately prepare, but the last one in July, I thought AdaptiBar would have done the trick (although I only did 1400 questions). I was much closer to passing and when I failed, I lost the Associate position I had lined up, my gf of 4 years, and now just have some savings I'm able to work with and may need to take out a bar loan because I paid over $1,000 for Themis and so far the books are great but I can't get myself to do this like I once did before.

I do suffer from ADHD and anxiety, but after failing the second time I starting analyzing myself more and thought maybe the antidepressant I was on for anxiety (Lexapro) dumbed me down even though I felt better? I've been off that and I think it was def. easier to study before. My new doc claims I'm bipolar 2 and wanted me on all these diff meds, I got a bar exam to pass I went right back to my old one, that's my family trying to play control because he works with my mom and since it's a single parent home, I am usually left with responsibilities I shouldn't

I'm about to look at Air BnB and move at least until the bar is over I need my space it's not working here. Any advice or input is appreciated = (

Zebra

New

Re: Those sitting for the bar exam a third time, how are you pushing yourself to prepare

Postby Zebra » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:40 pm

I'D LIKE TO KNOW THE SAME THING AS OP - KIND OF SHOCKED NOBODY HAS OFFERED ANY ADVICE YET.

rcharter1978

Gold

Re: Those sitting for the bar exam a third time, how are you pushing yourself to prepare

Postby rcharter1978 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:28 pm

OP -- I didn't understand all of your post, and I've only prepared twice. My advice is to get the airbnb if it will help. Do not half ass anything. If you can invest some money to help you succeed at the exam up front, do it and don't second guess yourself.

I piddled around trying to find a tutor because I didn't want to spend money. I got lucky in that I found one I wanted, but I got lucky, because good tutors full up quick.

Your big enemy will be time, so decide on a good plan and dedicate yourself to it. And get started immediately

zot1

Gold

Postby zot1 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:37 pm

Your motivation should be simple: to get your life back on track. Study and practice. Don't take shortcuts. Commit to the bar for the months required and then hopefully you'll be free.

LockBox

Bronze

Postby LockBox » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:54 pm

zot1 wrote:Your motivation should be simple: to get your life back on track. Study and practice. Don't take shortcuts. Commit to the bar for the months required and then hopefully you'll be free.

I agree with this - when you look back after practicing for 20 years, you'll remember that it was a grueling process (a sort of hazing process) that sucked when you went through it. However, you'll realize that everyone has to go through it and you'll advise upcoming lawyers that they have to endure the process and make the cut. Do whatever YOU need to do to get yourself to a place where you can demonstrate that you should be admitted into this profession.

rhs67858

New

Postby rhs67858 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:43 pm

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:I feel like the first one, I didn't adequately prepare, but the last one in July, I thought AdaptiBar would have done the trick (although I only did 1400 questions). I was much closer to passing and when I failed, I lost the Associate position I had lined up, my gf of 4 years, and now just have some savings I'm able to work with and may need to take out a bar loan because I paid over $1,000 for Themis and so far the books are great but I can't get myself to do this like I once did before.

I do suffer from ADHD and anxiety, but after failing the second time I starting analyzing myself more and thought maybe the antidepressant I was on for anxiety (Lexapro) dumbed me down even though I felt better? I've been off that and I think it was def. easier to study before. My new doc claims I'm bipolar 2 and wanted me on all these diff meds, I got a bar exam to pass I went right back to my old one, that's my family trying to play control because he works with my mom and since it's a single parent home, I am usually left with responsibilities I shouldn't

I'm about to look at Air BnB and move at least until the bar is over I need my space it's not working here. Any advice or input is appreciated = (

I agree with everything everyone has said thus far. Just PM'd you.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�