Adaptibar user hangout for Feb 2017 exam?

yankeeman86

Re: Adaptibar user hangout for Feb 2017 exam?

Postby yankeeman86 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:38 pm

Easier than July 2016, or maybe i was just better rested. Got 6 hours of sleep last night!

StarLightSpectre

Postby StarLightSpectre » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:48 pm

Impishee wrote:Well, that felt gross, but glad it's over. One section of the MBE felt like adaptibar had close enough questions. The other, I felt like it was much more uncharted waters. Blech. We'll see. How is everyone feeling?

Felt the same way. After my first section I spent the break lookin at JD preferred jobs. The second section seemed super easy. I had like 35-40 min to spare compared to rushing on the first one.

I feel on the bubble cause I'm not sure I made up for essays with my MBE.

Impishee

Postby Impishee » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:55 pm

StarLightSpectre wrote:
Impishee wrote:Well, that felt gross, but glad it's over. One section of the MBE felt like adaptibar had close enough questions. The other, I felt like it was much more uncharted waters. Blech. We'll see. How is everyone feeling?

Felt the same way. After my first section I spent the break lookin at JD preferred jobs. The second section seemed super easy. I had like 35-40 min to spare compared to rushing on the first one.

I feel on the bubble cause I'm not sure I made up for essays with my MBE.

Yeah, hopefully the essays get us through. I mean, it's never easy coming out of an exam where most people get like 60-65 percent right. Guess that's important to remeber too.

maztastic247

Postby maztastic247 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:09 pm

yankeeman86 wrote:Easier than July 2016, or maybe i was just better rested. Got 6 hours of sleep last night!

I feel like it was easier than July's too... but maybe that's because I was better prepared for the MBE this time around.

yankeeman86

Postby yankeeman86 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:16 pm

maztastic247 wrote:
yankeeman86 wrote:Easier than July 2016, or maybe i was just better rested. Got 6 hours of sleep last night!

I feel like it was easier than July's too... but maybe that's because I was better prepared for the MBE this time around.

i remember the PM session of J2016 being an absolute shit show. i honestly thought 50-60/100 were on the level of experimentals. I had to choose between 2 answer choices for those 50-60. In contrast, the AM session just felt easier, not as many questions where i had to logic guess between 2 answer choices.

today, the AM session wasn't so bad. Not sure if it was as easy as J2016 AM session. I expected the PM to be brutal but turns out that it wasn't THAT bad. I think there were 15-20 questions in the PM session where I had to logic guess between 2 answer choices. Perhaps for F2017, the two sessions were better balanced with difficult/experimentals.

cnk1220

Postby cnk1220 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:32 pm

yankeeman86 wrote:
maztastic247 wrote:

i remember the PM session of J2016 being an absolute shit show. i honestly thought 50-60/100 were on the level of experimentals. I had to choose between 2 answer choices for those 50-60. In contrast, the AM session just felt easier, not as many questions where i had to logic guess between 2 answer choices.

today, the AM session wasn't so bad. Not sure if it was as easy as J2016 AM session. I expected the PM to be brutal but turns out that it wasn't THAT bad. I think there were 15-20 questions in the PM session where I had to logic guess between 2 answer choices. Perhaps for F2017, the two sessions were better balanced with difficult/experimentals.

My biggest fear is I think I fell for some trap answers, also deff. spotted some weird Qs re: prop changes I wasn't sure on. Some Qs were just weird nuanced areas of the law too :/

happyhour1122

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:35 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
yankeeman86 wrote:
maztastic247 wrote:

My biggest fear is I think I fell for some trap answers, also deff. spotted some weird Qs re: prop changes I wasn't sure on. Some Qs were just weird nuanced areas of the law too :/

I spotted the answer right away and then realized different answers as I was looking through the answer choice. Oh my...thank god I read them all..

CalBar3Day

Postby CalBar3Day » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:43 pm

I completed the entire Adaptibar program and was scoring between 60-68%. Today, I only recognized a few questions that had similar fact patterns. Other than that, I feel like I just got my ass handed to me. :cry:

happyhour1122

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:45 pm

CalBar3Day wrote:

I completed the entire Adaptibar program and was scoring between 60-68%. Today, I only recognized a few questions that had similar fact patterns. Other than that, I feel like I just got my ass handed to me. :cry:

I thunk the mbe morning was 80% similar to kaplan workbook

maztastic247

Postby maztastic247 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:56 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
CalBar3Day wrote:

I feel the same way i completed adaptibar and then some.... I did over 2300, just to stay fresh..... the last 3 weeks I averaged 76.8% but today I felt like everything was brand new... also i feel like they heavily tested the new areas of property they added.... so here is to hoping!!!

P.s. congratulations to everyone who finished the bar today!

P.p.s. for those of us with 1 day or torture left, hang in there we are almost done!

yankeeman86

Postby yankeeman86 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:05 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
yankeeman86 wrote:
maztastic247 wrote:

I spotted the answer right away and then realized different answers as I was looking through the answer choice. Oh my...thank god I read them all..

In the PM session, I remember 3-4 questions where the trap answer was A or B. I too am thankful that I read all the answer choices.

cnk1220

Postby cnk1220 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:10 pm

yankeeman86 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
yankeeman86 wrote:
maztastic247 wrote:

In the PM session, I remember 3-4 questions where the trap answer was A or B. I too am thankful that I read all the answer choices.

I remember that too, although I did have some As and Bs on my scantron in the end. Ugh overall I feel kinda iffy because I just felt like so many nuanced areas were tested and I'm not sure which of those were the 25 experimental ones.

happyhour1122

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:13 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
yankeeman86 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
yankeeman86 wrote:
maztastic247 wrote:

I remember that too, although I did have some As and Bs on my scantron in the end. Ugh overall I feel kinda iffy because I just felt like so many nuanced areas were tested and I'm not sure which of those were the 25 experimental ones.

Way off answer choices threw me too.
Where did this come from? And then I'd check the facts again,,, and then I saw....oh wow. These people that make these questions, I wonder if they are "humans"

yankeeman86

Postby yankeeman86 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:14 pm

maztastic247 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
CalBar3Day wrote:

I feel the same way i completed adaptibar and then some.... I did over 2300, just to stay fresh..... the last 3 weeks I averaged 76.8% but today I felt like everything was brand new... also i feel like they heavily tested the new areas of property they added.... so here is to hoping!!!

P.s. congratulations to everyone who finished the bar today!

P.p.s. for those of us with 1 day or torture left, hang in there we are almost done!

You guys should use Adaptibar to supplement your MBE prep. Adaptibar is widely known to have easy questions, they are recycled questions that get released from the NCBE, the fact patterns rarely show up, when they do, it tests you on a nuance you never knew existed.

Go with Themis and Kaplan for MBE. They are the most difficult. Adaptibar helps you become familiar with the style/length of question. They will help you gain a good understanding of the basic rules and achieve average MBE scores. If you are really bad at the MBE, taking adaptibar will bring you to being average. You need Themis/Kaplan to get you from 130-140 to 140-150. For Feb, I did about 900 Kaplan Questions, 300 Themis Questions, 30 Barbri Questions, 50 NCBE/ADAPTIBAR Questions. I felt much better on the MBE today vs J2016 which I used mainly Adaptibar to prepare for.

cnk1220

Postby cnk1220 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:39 pm

Can't stop thinking about all the Qs I wasn't sure on :(

dredd16

Postby dredd16 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:46 pm

yankeeman86 wrote:

You guys should use Adaptibar to supplement your MBE prep. Adaptibar is widely known to have easy questions, they are recycled questions that get released from the NCBE, the fact patterns rarely show up, when they do, it tests you on a nuance you never knew existed.

Definitely should've used Kaplan. Felt inadequate on the MBE after completing 75% of Adaptibar.

mikefichera

Postby mikefichera » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:02 am

dredd16 wrote:
yankeeman86 wrote:

Definitely should've used Kaplan. Felt inadequate on the MBE after completing 75% of Adaptibar.

did barbri this time after kaplan last time, much preferred kaplans multiple choice much closer to the real thing, barbri's questions are cumbersome and i don't think are all that similar to the bar.

yankeeman86

Postby yankeeman86 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:21 am

barbri has the smartest folks supposedly but their stuff is so out dated.

DisCo

Postby DisCo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:07 pm

Yeah, agreed. I could really tell there were 25 test/new questions throughout (though of course they were hard to pinpoint). It just felt a bit "different." Oh well.

Lapis123

Postby Lapis123 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:22 pm

How do you guys feel you did on the MBE after using adaptibar?

lolabear727

Postby lolabear727 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:47 pm

Barred in another state, this is my second go round. I did not feel as prepared as I was F2015. I used Adaptibar for both preps. If I had to take it again I would probably use AB again and Barbri MBE book. That helped me the last time. They were much harder than the real thing. I am working full time now so I know that I did not study nearly as much as I did last time. I forgot a bunch of little exceptions and nuances that I remembered last time which I'm sure hurt me a bit. I will say that the questions felt different from AB questions. This is the first time that I am hearing that there are 25 fake questions, I thought there was still only 10. So that makes me feel better...?? :roll:

Lapis123

Postby Lapis123 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:38 pm

I'm also barred in another state. I work 50+ hours a week. I watched the adaptibar videos on the weekends, the month prior & read conviser flash cards whenever I could. I studied exclusively with adaptibar and focused 90% of my study on the MBE. I took off some time from work and had about 9 nine days to just focus on the MBE. During those days, I did about 1900 adaptibar questions and 100-130 out of a barbri book. My overall adaptibar average was 64% but for the most part in the days leading up to the bar I was getting 70% right in nearly all areas. I felt the exam was different from adaptibar. I didn't feel as confident as I thought - as in I was only certain on maybe 20 questions. lol. I did notice there were a lot of very tricky questions - where because of one very wrong word was in the answer choice, I had to pick another answer that wasn't perfect/seemed incomplete. I don't know if due to adaptibar, I was able to pick up on the tricks. I felt very confident with all of the property questions (adaptibar was on point). With civ pro (keep in mind I had a 50% avg in adaptibar), I didn't feel the bar's questions were too scary at all. For torts - I felt a little unsure of everything.

cnk1220

Postby cnk1220 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:49 pm

Lapis123 wrote:I'm also barred in another state. I work 50+ hours a week. I watched the adaptibar videos on the weekends, the month prior & read conviser flash cards whenever I could. I studied exclusively with adaptibar and focused 90% of my study on the MBE. I took off some time from work and had about 9 nine days to just focus on the MBE. During those days, I did about 1900 adaptibar questions and 100-130 out of a barbri book. My overall adaptibar average was 64% but for the most part in the days leading up to the bar I was getting 70% right in nearly all areas. I felt the exam was different from adaptibar. I didn't feel as confident as I thought - as in I was only certain on maybe 20 questions. lol. I did notice there were a lot of very tricky questions - where because of one very wrong word was in the answer choice, I had to pick another answer that wasn't perfect/seemed incomplete. I don't know if due to adaptibar, I was able to pick up on the tricks. I felt very confident with all of the property questions (adaptibar was on point). With civ pro (keep in mind I had a 50% avg in adaptibar), I didn't feel the bar's questions were too scary at all. For torts - I felt a little unsure of everything.

I agree- I felt like I had to eliminate some of the choices because of the words "ONLY" and I was like well no- that's a misstatement of law. Civ Pro was tricky at times too.

yankeeman86

Postby yankeeman86 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:59 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
Lapis123 wrote:I'm also barred in another state. I work 50+ hours a week. I watched the adaptibar videos on the weekends, the month prior & read conviser flash cards whenever I could. I studied exclusively with adaptibar and focused 90% of my study on the MBE. I took off some time from work and had about 9 nine days to just focus on the MBE. During those days, I did about 1900 adaptibar questions and 100-130 out of a barbri book. My overall adaptibar average was 64% but for the most part in the days leading up to the bar I was getting 70% right in nearly all areas. I felt the exam was different from adaptibar. I didn't feel as confident as I thought - as in I was only certain on maybe 20 questions. lol. I did notice there were a lot of very tricky questions - where because of one very wrong word was in the answer choice, I had to pick another answer that wasn't perfect/seemed incomplete. I don't know if due to adaptibar, I was able to pick up on the tricks. I felt very confident with all of the property questions (adaptibar was on point). With civ pro (keep in mind I had a 50% avg in adaptibar), I didn't feel the bar's questions were too scary at all. For torts - I felt a little unsure of everything.

I agree- I felt like I had to eliminate some of the choices because of the words "ONLY" and I was like well no- that's a misstatement of law. Civ Pro was tricky at times too.

Do you think the NCBE will make it easy to pass their exams by studying their recycled/released questions? They are assholes.

SilvermanBarPrep

Postby SilvermanBarPrep » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:17 am

Worth remembering though that if it seems like a lot of the new Property topics were being tested it's also quite possible that the NCBE was testing them out among the 25 experimental questions. They've got to get a feel for how people are scoring on these new topics (can't be too easy, can't be too hard) so it's necessary they test them out as experimental. Of course, they might have been experimental on previous exams in which case they would be scored questions on this exam, but think positive that the weird one's were experimental. :-)

Sean (Silverman Bar Prep)
http://www.mbetutorial.blogspot.com

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”