Adaptibar user hangout for Feb 2017 exam?

judysmith

Adaptibar user hangout for Feb 2017 exam?

Postby judysmith » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:22 am

Anyone else using Adaptibar for this upcoming Feb. 2017 exam? Sorry if there is another thread already created, if there is if you would kindly link me :) If not, anyone interested in discussing?

twistoff

Re: Adaptibar user hangout for Feb 2017 exam?

Postby twistoff » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:56 pm

I'm using AdaptiBar in addition to Themis. I'm only doing the questions for subjects I've covered in my review course. I feel like the AdaptiBar questions are harder than Themis, which kinda makes me feel glad that I spent the money for the program.

rhs67858

Postby rhs67858 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:05 pm

Checking in.

I do 35 a day right now. I am doing them during practice question mode and its slowing me down bc I read the explanations for every question out of habit (some of these explanations are terrible btw). I am thinking about switching to exam practice mode and getting them done faster because i find its actually wasting alot of my time just to get through 35.

maztastic247

Postby maztastic247 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:14 am

Hey all! I am a repeater using adaptibar. Just the questions though, I didn't upgrade to the video lectures, I have BarBri for those.

I am currently doing about 25 questions a day (just started this past Monday). I don't read all of the explanations, I only read the ones on the questions I get wrong, and ones I get right but wasn't confident when I selected the answer.

I usually only do about 5 questions at a time. I feel like if I do too many in one sitting the explanations don't sink in! Good luck to us all!

blaze1306

Postby blaze1306 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:19 am

Retaker, I'm doing about 20-35 a day.

judysmith

Postby judysmith » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:28 pm

rhs67858 wrote:Checking in.

I do 35 a day right now. I am doing them during practice question mode and its slowing me down bc I read the explanations for every question out of habit (some of these explanations are terrible btw). I am thinking about switching to exam practice mode and getting them done faster because i find its actually wasting alot of my time just to get through 35.

I am also doing about 40 or so questions a day in practice mode and I also review each of my answers after answering, at least the ones I got wrong. I plan to do exam mode when do simulated practice tests under test conditions on the weekends, in 3 hour blocks. How's everyone's percentages by subject going? I need quite an increase lol

Impishee

Postby Impishee » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:00 pm

Can anyone vouch for the Adaptibar lectures?

judysmith

Postby judysmith » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:11 am

Impishee wrote:Can anyone vouch for the Adaptibar lectures?

I cannot as I have not purchased those, however if I were to purchase any lectures I would likely only purchase my most difficult subjects since they are very time consuming to watch and not always the most effective for preparing to retain information but I could see purchasing Civ Pro or Property or subjects that explanations may be useful for.

LockBox

Postby LockBox » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:00 pm

While it is important to take some timed tests in order to get your timing down, my advice would be to do the questions in practice mode. Additionally, I would suggest AT LEAST 50 per day. It's not a waste of time to read the explanations - it helped me learn the law, its nuances and how it is applied in specific fact patterns.

If you're getting the question wrong, reading the explanation is definitely worth your time. Additionally, even if I would get the question right I would skim the explanation to see if my reasoning was on point. If not, then I was just lucky and reading the explanation was a necessary fact of life.

My personal goals were to complete at least 2,000 with at least a 70% success rate. If you score below, you won't necessarily fail, and if you score above you won't necessarily pass. Treat it like a game, and work hard at it. I had success by starting my morning with 50 MBE's in practice mode. Adaptibar breaks down your percentages so dedicate some portion of your questions to the ones you are struggling with the most.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:03 pm

Checking in. Took and passed CA in 2013 (used Themis); using Adaptibar and a set of Barbri books to study for Colorado this Feb. Going on leave from my firm gig in a week to study full-time through the exam. Strangely looking forward to being back in study mode again.

maztastic247

Postby maztastic247 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:28 pm

How is everyone doing so far? The MBE is not my friend at all so hopefully bumping up to at least 50 questions a day will help.

DueProcessDoWheelies

Postby DueProcessDoWheelies » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:53 pm

Hello all.

Passed Texas a year ago using Adaptibar + Barbri. Adaptibar was the difference maker for me. Failed July '15 because I sucked at the MBE.

Taking another state's bar this year 1) because I want to be licensed in both places, and 2) I just love torturing myself.

Adaptibar is going well again, but HOLY SHIT I forgot how hard their civ pro questions are. Just did a question that only 11% of students answered correctly.

CalBar3Day

Postby CalBar3Day » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:02 pm

If anyone needs an Adaptibar discount code, PM me with the email address you plan on signing up with and I'll send you the code for $30 off. Good luck to everyone studying!

capelm

Postby capelm » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:50 pm

I used adptibar for the last bar I took and barely used it. This time, I am doing Kaplan and adaptibar for the MBE along with Emmanuels. I doing well on the Kaplan MC but on Adaptibar I am around a 44%. Is it worth just sticking to adaptibar and emmanuel for the time being?

pooh_pooh778

Postby pooh_pooh778 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:12 pm

I like Adaptibar because of its accessibility - I can do a question anywhere anytime. I know the accuracy rate must be the higher the better, but does anyone know around what % is sufficient for a pass?

judysmith

Postby judysmith » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:07 pm

pooh_pooh778 wrote:I like Adaptibar because of its accessibility - I can do a question anywhere anytime. I know the accuracy rate must be the higher the better, but does anyone know around what % is sufficient for a pass?

I've heard generally 70% is a safe percentage to hit to pass...

judysmith

Postby judysmith » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:02 am

Anyone else struggling with these property questions lol

CalBar3Day

Postby CalBar3Day » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:13 am

Yes. Property and Civ Pro are the WORST! :?

puremorning

Postby puremorning » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:59 am

Omg the property questions are killing me. I got so down on myself one day for getting below 50% and then I realized it was feeding me almost entirely property questions (at the beginning I studied specific subjects, now I select them all so that I can work on my weaknesses). I'd be confident if it wasn't for that one subject.

cnk1220

Postby cnk1220 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:13 pm

Checking in, I'm also using adaptibar and very concerned about property for the mbe :(

maztastic247

Postby maztastic247 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:41 pm

cnk1220 wrote:Checking in, I'm also using adaptibar and very concerned about property for the mbe :(

Look at the subject breakdown and you can look at the National and state averages for each subject that may help ease a small portion of fear. If you are doing bad, and everyone is seems to be right where you are, you aren't doing as bad as you may think because remember the MBE is scaled.

For property questions I find it easier on paper than the computer because you can underline important facts... since property questions are so long it can be difficult to remember and keep all the facts straight. Just keep answering questions, going over your outline and reading and understanding the explanatory answers.

Don't stress too much because it does more harm than good when you get inside your own head .

squiggle

Postby squiggle » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:22 pm

maztastic247 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:Checking in, I'm also using adaptibar and very concerned about property for the mbe :(

Look at the subject breakdown and you can look at the National and state averages for each subject that may help ease a small portion of fear. If you are doing bad, and everyone is seems to be right where you are, you aren't doing as bad as you may think because remember the MBE is scaled.

For property questions I find it easier on paper than the computer because you can underline important facts... since property questions are so long it can be difficult to remember and keep all the facts straight. Just keep answering questions, going over your outline and reading and understanding the explanatory answers.

Don't stress too much because it does more harm than good when you get inside your own head .

You can also look at your results for a certain period of time. I'd recommend looking at how you've been doing the last few weeks, as most people start out with lower scores at the beginning when they're still learning topics. The newer results should be a better pictures of how you're doing and what you know now.

judysmith

Postby judysmith » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:03 am

Property and Civ Pro are my worst subjects with Con Law, Crim & Evidence being my best. How about everyone else? Hoping to get my weekly percentages to 70% and above in my weaker subjects by test day but they are only slowly creeping up lol. How is everyone else doing at this point with your recent percentages? Have you done all of the OPEs in exam mode or mainly doing practice questions, or have you customized your own practice exams?

cnk1220

Postby cnk1220 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:15 pm

judysmith wrote:Property and Civ Pro are my worst subjects with Con Law, Crim & Evidence being my best. How about everyone else? Hoping to get my weekly percentages to 70% and above in my weaker subjects by test day but they are only slowly creeping up lol. How is everyone else doing at this point with your recent percentages? Have you done all of the OPEs in exam mode or mainly doing practice questions, or have you customized your own practice exams?

Property and Civ Pro are my worst percentage wise, with Contracts in third. Evidence, Crim, and Torts are my best (no surprise there these were my A classes in law school too, so I naturally just get them better. I truly believe your strengths in law school continue over or at least help you narrow it down to 2 MUCH easier).

Adaptibar's CP questions are so difficult- testing a subsection within a subsection within a rule type thing. Also, my civ pro sets with barbri are much higher so I'm hoping we're only being tested on basic jurisdiction type stuff.

I only do Adaptibar in PQ mode, my avg. is a few percentage points above the overall avg. but I have yet to do the OPEs, saving those for the next week or two.

stromileswift

Postby stromileswift » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:56 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
judysmith wrote:Property and Civ Pro are my worst subjects with Con Law, Crim & Evidence being my best. How about everyone else? Hoping to get my weekly percentages to 70% and above in my weaker subjects by test day but they are only slowly creeping up lol. How is everyone else doing at this point with your recent percentages? Have you done all of the OPEs in exam mode or mainly doing practice questions, or have you customized your own practice exams?

Property and Civ Pro are my worst percentage wise, with Contracts in third. Evidence, Crim, and Torts are my best (no surprise there these were my A classes in law school too, so I naturally just get them better. I truly believe your strengths in law school continue over or at least help you narrow it down to 2 MUCH easier).

Adaptibar's CP questions are so difficult- testing a subsection within a subsection within a rule type thing. Also, my civ pro sets with barbri are much higher so I'm hoping we're only being tested on basic jurisdiction type stuff.

I only do Adaptibar in PQ mode, my avg. is a few percentage points above the overall avg. but I have yet to do the OPEs, saving those for the next week or two.

The MBE on the bar is not similar to Barbri, Barbri focuses on too many PJ/SMJ questions. The MBE on the bar is not as difficult as the Adaptibar questions, but I would say it is more similar to Adaptibar than Barbri. (More motions and appeals)

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”