Kaplan Retake

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
polkadot12

New

Kaplan Retake

Postby polkadot12 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:40 pm

Hey all,

To those retaking the bar with kaplan, whats your method this time?

Will you re-watch the videos and fill out those outlines again?
Ignore the videos?

What will be the difference this time?

I failed by 10 points, so im debating whether I should repeat my methods and just focus more on MBE

LockBox

Bronze

Re: Kaplan Retake

Postby LockBox » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:38 pm

polkadot12 wrote:Hey all,

To those retaking the bar with kaplan, whats your method this time?

Will you re-watch the videos and fill out those outlines again?
Ignore the videos?

What will be the difference this time?

I failed by 10 points, so im debating whether I should repeat my methods and just focus more on MBE

There are many thoughts on retake procedures, but most of what I have always heard is that if the method didn't work the first time, why would it work the second? Secondly, as well as anecdotally, I have seen and heard of many people continually retaking Barbri/Kaplan/Themis and failing over and over again. Not saying this will be you, but there are individuals in that camp.

My advice is to first look at your weaknesses and start there. If one section was the culprit, definitely focus efforts there. However, don't relax on the other sections.

As to whether you should watch the videos again, my advice is NO. Instead of spending the time watching, you should be spending your time applying your knowledge e.g., taking practice tests. I never watched a video or listened to a lecture upon my retake - I only spent time writing and then reviewing. There is a lot of advice to go with what works best for you etc. etc. but I don't adhere to "do what worked for you in law school." I do not think that you will be in a worse place, all things being equal, if you spent the majority (if not all) of your time practicing instead of reviewing outlines/listening to lectures.

tl;dr - practice, review, repeat.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?