NY Bar exam place? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lolabear727

Bronze

Re: NY Bar exam place?

Post by lolabear727 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:03 pm

Luluxx wrote:Hello,

I am an out-of-state taker too, was just wondering if anyone has received the email yet?
Not yet.. I have been checking my email like crazy. I"m assuming tomorrow since that is the day that it was released last year (first Wed of the month).

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:19 pm

I am an out-of-state taker too, was just wondering if anyone has received the email yet?

Any word yet??

Luluxx

New

Post by Luluxx » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:20 pm

lolabear727 wrote:

Any word yet??
No, not yet. Will definitely let you know if I hear from them.

pooh_pooh778

New

Post by pooh_pooh778 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:25 pm

lolabear727 wrote:

Not yet.. I have been checking my email like crazy. I"m assuming tomorrow since that is the day that it was released last year (first Wed of the month).
No signs yet. Currently waiting anxiously...

Luluxx

New

Post by Luluxx » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:11 pm

pooh_pooh778 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:

No signs yet. Currently waiting anxiously...
Same here Guys. Hopefully we will have it by Friday. I seriously need to book my tickets

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Just got this email at 3:15...

["Dear Candidate:
The Board incurs considerable costs for candidates who withdraw from an exam and/or fail to show up on exam day. In an effort to reduce these costs, if you are anticipating that you are likely to withdraw from, or be absent for, the February 2017 bar exam, the Board is offering an automatic credit of the examination fee for any candidate who withdraws by 12:00 PM ET on Friday, January 6, 2017. This credit may be used towards an application to sit for a future exam in New York or towards the Application by UBE Score Transfer within the next three years. If you previously withdrew from an exam, you will still need to comply with Board Rule 6000.9 (b) to sit for a future exam but your decision to withdraw early, through the link provided, will be favorably considered.
Applicants may still withdraw from the upcoming bar exam after 12:00 PM ET on January 6, 2017 but the application fee will be forfeited absent a showing of exigent circumstances necessitating the withdrawal.
Should you wish to withdraw from the February 2017 examination and receive a credit, please use the link below:"]

I clicked on the link out of my crazed state of anticipation and then I read the email more clearly... Almost made a big mistake. I told myself to CALM DOWN!! So, more than likely, Friday after 12:00pm.

Luluxx

New

Post by Luluxx » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:46 pm

lolabear727 wrote:Just got this email at 3:15...

["Dear Candidate:
The Board incurs considerable costs for candidates who withdraw from an exam and/or fail to show up on exam day. In an effort to reduce these costs, if you are anticipating that you are likely to withdraw from, or be absent for, the February 2017 bar exam, the Board is offering an automatic credit of the examination fee for any candidate who withdraws by 12:00 PM ET on Friday, January 6, 2017. This credit may be used towards an application to sit for a future exam in New York or towards the Application by UBE Score Transfer within the next three years. If you previously withdrew from an exam, you will still need to comply with Board Rule 6000.9 (b) to sit for a future exam but your decision to withdraw early, through the link provided, will be favorably considered.
Applicants may still withdraw from the upcoming bar exam after 12:00 PM ET on January 6, 2017 but the application fee will be forfeited absent a showing of exigent circumstances necessitating the withdrawal.
Should you wish to withdraw from the February 2017 examination and receive a credit, please use the link below:"]

I clicked on the link out of my crazed state of anticipation and then I read the email more clearly... Almost made a big mistake. I told myself to CALM DOWN!! So, more than likely, Friday after 12:00pm.

Hahaha had the exact same experience and almost entered my email to confirm before I realized my mistake. We definitely need to calm down. I hope we will get THE email this week though.

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:26 pm

Luluxx wrote:

["Dear Candidate:

Hahaha had the exact same experience and almost entered my email to confirm before I realized my mistake. We definitely need to calm down. I hope we will get THE email this week though.

My friend, an in-stater said that she got her location email last week. I also called for something specific and I asked in passing and the lady said this week.

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:43 pm

I'm an in stater and just got my email today.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pooh_pooh778

New

Post by pooh_pooh778 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:04 pm

puremorning wrote:I'm an in stater and just got my email today.
Im out stater and still waiting for it. Is White Plains for handwrite only?

Jmazz88

New

Post by Jmazz88 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:27 pm

pooh_pooh778 wrote:
Yes, handwrite only. In-stater and got the e-mail today.

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:49 pm

Jmazz88 wrote:
pooh_pooh778 wrote:

Was there any space left for laptop at Javits?

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:00 pm

lolabear727 wrote:
Jmazz88 wrote:
pooh_pooh778 wrote:

Was there any space left for laptop at Javits?
NYC is my district so I was defaulted for that location. It's actually being held at the Armory Track & Field instead of Javits for Feb.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pooh_pooh778

New

Post by pooh_pooh778 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:01 am

I clicked the second when I received the email but NYC is already gone. Picked Albany.

Poets

New

Post by Poets » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:06 am

It's weird. I got the email like 15inutes ago. 8
50am CT. Is there any out of state applicant who got any NYC or White Plains place for laptop? Was I just late?

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:23 am

Poets wrote:It's weird. I got the email like 15inutes ago. 8
50am CT. Is there any out of state applicant who got any NYC or White Plains place for laptop? Was I just late?

Out of state. I picked buffalo. Got the email and within 4 mins, if WP was available prior to that it was full. Only Buffalo/Albany were the choices. Bummed

hirkaismyname

New

Post by hirkaismyname » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:31 pm

lolabear727 wrote:

Out of state. I picked buffalo. Got the email and within 4 mins, if WP was available prior to that it was full. Only Buffalo/Albany were the choices. Bummed
Why'd you choose buffalo over albany?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:44 pm

hirkaismyname wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:

B/c of people's comments in the beginning of this thread. The location for hotels in comparison to the CC, price of transportation and ease in Albany versus buffalo. IF i didn't get WPs it didn't matter to me, so I picked the one that sounded like it would be cheaper and less stress.

hirkaismyname

New

Post by hirkaismyname » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:38 pm

lolabear727 wrote:
hirkaismyname wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:

B/c of people's comments in the beginning of this thread. The location for hotels in comparison to the CC, price of transportation and ease in Albany versus buffalo. IF i didn't get WPs it didn't matter to me, so I picked the one that sounded like it would be cheaper and less stress.
I booked hotels in both locations well in advance. Got a $59/night rate in both Albany & Buf; I chose Albany because its closer to NYC, and flying in from SC is cheaper to NYC in comparison to Buf/Alb. That being said, an additional need for being close to NYC is the next day (23rd) I head out of country to celebrate, so that's why Alb was my choice. Buffalo, IMHO, would be a nightmare to get to in the instance that there be snow of any degree.

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:01 pm

hirkaismyname wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:
hirkaismyname wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:

I booked hotels in both locations well in advance. Got a $59/night rate in both Albany & Buf; I chose Albany because its closer to NYC, and flying in from SC is cheaper to NYC in comparison to Buf/Alb. That being said, an additional need for being close to NYC is the next day (23rd) I head out of country to celebrate, so that's why Alb was my choice. Buffalo, IMHO, would be a nightmare to get to in the instance that there be snow of any degree.

That's understandable and makes sense. I really didn't have a reason to be near NYC (except I would have been able to stay with my friend for free if I got White Plains). I'm coming from FL. So hopefully (unless my flight is cancelled) everything will be ok! I gave myself some wiggle room on the the flights to and from as far as time. If it comes to that I can fly somewhere else and take a train in. I'm not going to stress about it. It is my second bar and not the end all be all if something happens and I don't get to take it. My hotel is refundable.

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:42 pm

Luluxx wrote:

["Dear Candidate:

Did you get the location you were hoping for?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Luluxx

New

Post by Luluxx » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:04 pm

lolabear727 wrote:
Luluxx wrote:

["Dear Candidate:

I was really hoping to get one in NYC but I knew it was rather impossible. Second choice was buffalo and i got that one. How about you?

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Luluxx wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:
Luluxx wrote:

["Dear Candidate:

I was really hoping to get one in NYC but I knew it was rather impossible. Second choice was buffalo and i got that one. How about you?
I didn't get WP, so I chose Buffalo as well... Flight and hotel is booked. Now I can stop thinking about it and get back to studying.

Luluxx

New

Post by Luluxx » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:54 pm

lolabear727 wrote:
Luluxx wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:
Luluxx wrote:

["Dear Candidate:

I didn't get WP, so I chose Buffalo as well... Flight and hotel is booked. Now I can stop thinking about it and get back to studying.
I feel and envy you. Still have to figure out what will be cost effective for me because I am flying from Paris. And unfortunately it will have to wait over the weekend because I am too tired after work to even stress about it (or study). lol

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:57 pm

Luluxx wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:
Luluxx wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:
Luluxx wrote:

["Dear Candidate:

I feel and envy you. Still have to figure out what will be cost effective for me because I am flying from Paris. And unfortunately it will have to wait over the weekend because I am too tired after work to even stress about it (or study). lol
That is awesome! How exciting! I won't complain anymore about flying from FL.. Good luck to you! I you happen to fly on 2/20 and 2/22 let me know if you want to share a taxi. I have 3 quotes so far. $38 1 way from airport to downtown.. It's only like 10 miles. Seems kind of steep!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”