Anyone admitted in NJ by transfer yet? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Easy-E

Platinum

Anyone admitted in NJ by transfer yet?

Post by Easy-E » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:48 pm

Transferring score from NY, says application was downloaded on November 10 but I haven't heard a thing. Has anyone either been admitted in NJ by score transfer or received any other kind of notice (C&F hearing, etc.)?

melurkherelongtime

New

Re: Anyone admitted in NJ by transfer yet?

Post by melurkherelongtime » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:08 pm

Easy-E wrote:Transferring score from NY, says application was downloaded on November 10 but I haven't heard a thing. Has anyone either been admitted in NJ by score transfer or received any other kind of notice (C&F hearing, etc.)?
Wondering the same. Transfer application downloaded Oct. 28. Last notice I received was a "Standard 60 Day Notice" on Nov. 22 saying I had not yet submitted all of the required documents, my fingerprint appointment was a day or two before the notice date so it was not unexpected. Everything else has been submitted and I'm just waiting for any update/notice/additional information. Anyone actually been admitted by score transfer at this point?

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:22 pm

melurkherelongtime wrote:
Easy-E wrote:Transferring score from NY, says application was downloaded on November 10 but I haven't heard a thing. Has anyone either been admitted in NJ by score transfer or received any other kind of notice (C&F hearing, etc.)?
Wondering the same. Transfer application downloaded Oct. 28. Last notice I received was a "Standard 60 Day Notice" on Nov. 22 saying I had not yet submitted all of the required documents, my fingerprint appointment was a day or two before the notice date so it was not unexpected. Everything else has been submitted and I'm just waiting for any update/notice/additional information. Anyone actually been admitted by score transfer at this point?
I reached out to the person assigned to my file, I think I'm just a dumbshit and didn't transfer my UBE score...

QuasiINrem

New

Post by QuasiINrem » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:21 pm

completed the requirements - on Nov 22 got my admission letter today

Sheeit

New

Post by Sheeit » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:28 pm

Started my application on Oct 31, finished submitting my new fingerprints and abstract on Nov 15th, got certified for admission a few days later and sworn in a few days after that privately.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

QuasiINrem

New

Post by QuasiINrem » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:47 pm

when are you officially admitted in NJ? After your oath or when your name appears on the NJ attorney index?

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:24 am

So my app was administratively complete on or before December 19, and apparently my application is now being reviewed by a Committee member. I'm getting kinda worried. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a C&F hearing (bunch of dumb stuff when I was younger).

Any idea what the next step should be? I see people I know getting letters in the mail, if I don't have a hearing, is that what I should be looking for?

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:25 am

Sheeit wrote:Started my application on Oct 31, finished submitting my new fingerprints and abstract on Nov 15th, got certified for admission a few days later and sworn in a few days after that privately.
How did you find you were certified for admission? Is it by letter only?

RetakeFrenzy

Silver

Post by RetakeFrenzy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:08 pm

Easy-E wrote:
Sheeit wrote:Started my application on Oct 31, finished submitting my new fingerprints and abstract on Nov 15th, got certified for admission a few days later and sworn in a few days after that privately.
It will show up on your User Home under "Admission Documents."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:31 pm

RetakeFrenzy wrote:
Easy-E wrote:
Ugh, nope. Just fingerprint instructions and the UBE acknowledgment letter. I know it was supposed to take longer because I transferred the score, but I know other people who took UBE only and are getting admitted.

I can't imagine calling someone is going to help but I'm getting anxious here...

RetakeFrenzy

Silver

Post by RetakeFrenzy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:08 pm

Easy-E wrote:
RetakeFrenzy wrote:
Easy-E wrote:
Ugh, nope. Just fingerprint instructions and the UBE acknowledgment letter. I know it was supposed to take longer because I transferred the score, but I know other people who took UBE only and are getting admitted.

I can't imagine calling someone is going to help but I'm getting anxious here...
Mine also took more than a month. Good luck!

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:05 am

Thanks man. I know I got my UBE score transferred late, for some reason I thought I had already done it through the NY BOLE page, but apparently I needed to do it through NCBE, so I guess that explains some delay.

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:09 am

Starting to think I'm just never gonna be a real lawyer

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:20 pm

Anyone know if there is someone I call to get a status update? The person assigned to my application says its with the Committee and basically they can't tell me anything. I picture the Committee on Character like that wizard court in Harry Potter.

overthis89

New

Post by overthis89 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:31 pm

I also submitted all my documentation back in the beginning of December. I haven't gotten my certification letter either & my standard 60-day notice was issued on November 14 & expired on January 14th. I don't understand what's happening and it's infuriating me too.

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:15 pm

overthis89 wrote:I also submitted all my documentation back in the beginning of December. I haven't gotten my certification letter either & my standard 60-day notice was issued on November 14 & expired on January 14th. I don't understand what's happening and it's infuriating me too.
I called and the woman was like "they have other jobs you know". Like, one, fuck you this is my life. And two, do they also suck ass at those jobs too? Fucking ridiculous.

And yeah my 60 days ran back in mid December.

seasidemama

New

Post by seasidemama » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:21 am

Easy-E wrote:
overthis89 wrote:I also submitted all my documentation back in the beginning of December. I haven't gotten my certification letter either & my standard 60-day notice was issued on November 14 & expired on January 14th. I don't understand what's happening and it's infuriating me too.
I called and the woman was like "they have other jobs you know". Like, one, fuck you this is my life. And two, do they also suck ass at those jobs too? Fucking ridiculous.

And yeah my 60 days ran back in mid December.
Well for $570 they should offer better customer service... they're not volunteers...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

overthis89

New

Post by overthis89 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:59 am

I just got a notice saying that I'm missing documents & there's an abandonment letter on my account! WTF!!

I submitted my UBE transfer (and received an acknowledgment), my MPRE transfer, my law school certificate, fingerprints, authorization & release, driver's abstract, etc. WHAT THE HELL AM I MISSING?!?! I just e-mailed but should I call?

overthis89

New

Post by overthis89 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:23 pm

Update: I actually got an e-mail response from her already! My UBE transfer wasn't accepted so I just redid it. Check out if yours was sent!

FallonJ

New

Post by FallonJ » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:26 pm

What time on Fridays is the Attorney database updated?

Cop2lawyerNYC

New

Post by Cop2lawyerNYC » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:44 pm

Can anyone else share their experience? Especially with regard to the timeline after getting printed?

I’m in the process of doing this. I applied 10/25 and just got my go ahead to get printed. I scheduled that for next week. How long from here usually until I get admitted?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”