THEMIS THREAD for UBE Feb 2017

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Pokiiwhit

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: THEMIS THREAD for UBE Feb 2017

Postby Pokiiwhit » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:40 pm

Also, while procrastinating a couple of days ago I discovered this little gem for essay issues! http://www.smartbarprep.com/SmartBarPrep_Frequency_Analysis.pdf

Hope this helps!

User avatar
ultimolugar

Bronze
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: THEMIS THREAD for UBE Feb 2017

Postby ultimolugar » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:31 pm

What percentage is everyone at?

unidentifiable

Bronze
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 8:26 pm

Re: THEMIS THREAD for UBE Feb 2017

Postby unidentifiable » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:30 am

ultimolugar wrote:What percentage is everyone at?



i started slowly studying mid-november, didnt really pick it up until mid-december. reason for early start is full-time working. i'm taking the essay-only course (not MBE, just MEE, MPT). I'm a second-time taker. This morning, I'm at 83.1%.

cho8583

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: THEMIS THREAD for UBE Feb 2017

Postby cho8583 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:16 am

ultimolugar wrote:What percentage is everyone at?


Not quite there yet, getting to 70%, since I'm trying to do with other sources in the last minute.

BTW, you said you passed the other bar with Themis, right? What's your take on MBE? Are MBE Qs from Themis reflect the real thing well? I'm about to to the final practice exam in this weekend for final evaluation, which is damn scary thing.

User avatar
ultimolugar

Bronze
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: THEMIS THREAD for UBE Feb 2017

Postby ultimolugar » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:38 am

unidentifiable wrote:
ultimolugar wrote:What percentage is everyone at?



i started slowly studying mid-november, didnt really pick it up until mid-december. reason for early start is full-time working. i'm taking the essay-only course (not MBE, just MEE, MPT). I'm a second-time taker. This morning, I'm at 83.1%.


I've never taken an UBE exam. Why aren't you doing the MBE? Had it transferred from a jurisdiction that allows it?

User avatar
ultimolugar

Bronze
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: THEMIS THREAD for UBE Feb 2017

Postby ultimolugar » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:39 am

cho8583 wrote:
ultimolugar wrote:What percentage is everyone at?


Not quite there yet, getting to 70%, since I'm trying to do with other sources in the last minute.

BTW, you said you passed the other bar with Themis, right? What's your take on MBE? Are MBE Qs from Themis reflect the real thing well? I'm about to to the final practice exam in this weekend for final evaluation, which is damn scary thing.


I will say that, in my opinion, the MBE questions on the actual MBE are a tad more difficult, but not way more difficult. If you are scoring in the low to mid 60s by the time you are done with bar prep, then you should be okay. To give you an idea, the first time I took the MBE, I scored a 112 on the Themis practice exam, and scored a 137 on the actual MBE.

unidentifiable

Bronze
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 8:26 pm

Re: THEMIS THREAD for UBE Feb 2017

Postby unidentifiable » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:20 pm

ultimolugar wrote:
unidentifiable wrote:
ultimolugar wrote:What percentage is everyone at?



i started slowly studying mid-november, didnt really pick it up until mid-december. reason for early start is full-time working. i'm taking the essay-only course (not MBE, just MEE, MPT). I'm a second-time taker. This morning, I'm at 83.1%.


I've never taken an UBE exam. Why aren't you doing the MBE? Had it transferred from a jurisdiction that allows it?



Shit, I should have read the title of the thread. I'm not taking a UBE.

I took a UBE last july, passed, and had my MBE score transfer to this new jurisdiction. It still tests the MPT and MEE, but has some state specific essays as well.

cho8583

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: THEMIS THREAD for UBE Feb 2017

Postby cho8583 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:32 pm

ultimolugar wrote:
cho8583 wrote:
ultimolugar wrote:What percentage is everyone at?


Not quite there yet, getting to 70%, since I'm trying to do with other sources in the last minute.

BTW, you said you passed the other bar with Themis, right? What's your take on MBE? Are MBE Qs from Themis reflect the real thing well? I'm about to to the final practice exam in this weekend for final evaluation, which is damn scary thing.


I will say that, in my opinion, the MBE questions on the actual MBE are a tad more difficult, but not way more difficult. If you are scoring in the low to mid 60s by the time you are done with bar prep, then you should be okay. To give you an idea, the first time I took the MBE, I scored a 112 on the Themis practice exam, and scored a 137 on the actual MBE.


Thanks for giving me hope. Still reaching solid 60% is really hard to do :cry:

User avatar
ultimolugar

Bronze
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: THEMIS THREAD for UBE Feb 2017

Postby ultimolugar » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:47 am

cho8583 wrote:
ultimolugar wrote:
cho8583 wrote:
ultimolugar wrote:What percentage is everyone at?


Not quite there yet, getting to 70%, since I'm trying to do with other sources in the last minute.

BTW, you said you passed the other bar with Themis, right? What's your take on MBE? Are MBE Qs from Themis reflect the real thing well? I'm about to to the final practice exam in this weekend for final evaluation, which is damn scary thing.


I will say that, in my opinion, the MBE questions on the actual MBE are a tad more difficult, but not way more difficult. If you are scoring in the low to mid 60s by the time you are done with bar prep, then you should be okay. To give you an idea, the first time I took the MBE, I scored a 112 on the Themis practice exam, and scored a 137 on the actual MBE.


Thanks for giving me hope. Still reaching solid 60% is really hard to do :cry:


Which subject is your weakest? Maybe I can give you a few pointers.

cho8583

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: THEMIS THREAD for UBE Feb 2017

Postby cho8583 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:42 am

ultimolugar wrote:Which subject is your weakest? Maybe I can give you a few pointers.


Well, I dont really have strong subjects per se, but Evidence and CP are the merciless killers. Sometimes Con law related (Conlaw and CrimProc) throws me off too.. :(

I do sincerely appriciate your care! :D

Bluem_11

Bronze
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: THEMIS THREAD for UBE Feb 2017

Postby Bluem_11 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:19 am

cho8583 wrote:
ultimolugar wrote:Which subject is your weakest? Maybe I can give you a few pointers.


Well, I dont really have strong subjects per se, but Evidence and CP are the merciless killers. Sometimes Con law related (Conlaw and CrimProc) throws me off too.. :(

I do sincerely appriciate your care! :D


I would say one trick I had for evidence (it was my weakest subject initially in my MBE studies) was to presume that the evidence is coming in and look for a way the NCBE was trying to trick me into thinking it wasn't. Motive or common scheme on CE, not for truth of matter or one of million exceptions on hearsay, self-authenticating document, impeachment evidence etc. I go through each of answers that allow the evidence in and think "is there anyway this is NOT true" and then an only then do I turn to inadmissible hearsay/character evidence etc. Helped raise my score a few points.

User avatar
ultimolugar

Bronze
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: THEMIS THREAD for UBE Feb 2017

Postby ultimolugar » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:49 pm

Bluem_11 wrote:
cho8583 wrote:
ultimolugar wrote:Which subject is your weakest? Maybe I can give you a few pointers.


Well, I dont really have strong subjects per se, but Evidence and CP are the merciless killers. Sometimes Con law related (Conlaw and CrimProc) throws me off too.. :(

I do sincerely appriciate your care! :D


I would say one trick I had for evidence (it was my weakest subject initially in my MBE studies) was to presume that the evidence is coming in and look for a way the NCBE was trying to trick me into thinking it wasn't. Motive or common scheme on CE, not for truth of matter or one of million exceptions on hearsay, self-authenticating document, impeachment evidence etc. I go through each of answers that allow the evidence in and think "is there anyway this is NOT true" and then an only then do I turn to inadmissible hearsay/character evidence etc. Helped raise my score a few points.


This is solid advice. As for Civil Procedure, the Themis questions are absurdly hard compared to the real bar exam. I think Themis is still tyring to find that sweet spot as far as what's fair to ask. I hate con law and crim pro.

cho8583

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: THEMIS THREAD for UBE Feb 2017

Postby cho8583 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:57 am

Bluem_11 wrote:I would say one trick I had for evidence (it was my weakest subject initially in my MBE studies) was to presume that the evidence is coming in and look for a way the NCBE was trying to trick me into thinking it wasn't. Motive or common scheme on CE, not for truth of matter or one of million exceptions on hearsay, self-authenticating document, impeachment evidence etc. I go through each of answers that allow the evidence in and think "is there anyway this is NOT true" and then an only then do I turn to inadmissible hearsay/character evidence etc. Helped raise my score a few points.


ultimolugar wrote:This is solid advice. As for Civil Procedure, the Themis questions are absurdly hard compared to the real bar exam. I think Themis is still tyring to find that sweet spot as far as what's fair to ask. I hate con law and crim pro.


Thanks guys! So glad to know CP qs are going to be easier than Themis'



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: estefanchanning, Google Adsense [Bot], Kayak1277, leftsharkforever, mac35352, RickRawse, Throwaway55, whosinthehousejc and 96 guests