2017 February California Bar Exam

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
User avatar
Guchster

Silver
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby Guchster » Mon May 01, 2017 3:18 pm

Anyone else experience cardiac arrest when they got the "California February 2017 Bar Exam Results" in their inbox, lol. :shock:

sk1130

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:41 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby sk1130 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:44 pm

Guchster wrote:Anyone else experience cardiac arrest when they got the "California February 2017 Bar Exam Results" in their inbox, lol. :shock:



Came on here to make the same post. My heart seriously stopped for 20 seconds. :|

InterAlia1961

Bronze
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:32 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby InterAlia1961 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:26 pm

Man am I jumpy. Saw the notice pop up on my desktop while I was working offline. My heart hit a hard beat. For an instant, I thought that they were going to announce the results would be released early. Why is it necessary for them to do this? Do they really think that any of us doesn't know what date the results will be released? They know our nerves are frayed at the edges, why bother us with irrelevant information? But this is the same crew that posted the exam questions on April Fool's day. Who knows why they do these things? For sport, I suspect.
Last edited by InterAlia1961 on Mon May 01, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barexaminerssuck27

New
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:38 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby barexaminerssuck27 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:43 pm

they did this for every bar I took. they sent the same email

MAY I NEVER SEE YOUR NAMES AND MY NAME EVER AGAIN ON THIS POSTS NEXT WEEK! BECAUSE WE PASSSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S0M21L

New
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby S0M21L » Mon May 01, 2017 8:11 pm

Good luck, everyone!

I-object

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby I-object » Tue May 02, 2017 3:33 am

Noticeably stressed. State of mind shift. A sense of seriousness setting in after reading email from State Bar. Dread the results. Did I do enough?. Am I deserving?. Want to believe so, but ......... ?, Good Luck to all of you, God Bless..

S0M21L

New
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby S0M21L » Tue May 02, 2017 7:44 pm

For everyone worrying about results, write your worries down on paper before you go to bed. Then tell yourself, I've dealt with it. You'll sleep.

ur_hero

Bronze
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby ur_hero » Tue May 02, 2017 11:18 pm

Still haven't figured out how I'd handle failing...Every time I think about it, I just re-live that horrible sinking feeling of denial when I first saw results in November. This is the worst!

InterAlia1961

Bronze
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:32 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby InterAlia1961 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:53 am

ur_hero wrote:Still haven't figured out how I'd handle failing...Every time I think about it, I just re-live that horrible sinking feeling of denial when I first saw results in November. This is the worst!


I feel you. I'm deciding which curse words to use and in what order if I fail. Right now I'm liking, "Son of !@#$@#$, Mother !!@#$@#$@#, and I f@#$%ng hate the State Bar of California." I might change it up some, though. Maybe throw in a few wails or a couple of moist sniffles.

I don't have a good scenario for passing, other than smiling.

We're almost there, people.

LockBox

Bronze
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby LockBox » Wed May 03, 2017 2:00 pm

Let me start by wishing you all the best of luck. When I was going through this process the waiting was the absolute worst because it really was out of your hands. Secondly, after having failed once, you know how real the possibility of failing is. You're more aware of what is needed to pass and so the anxiety can be even more than waiting for results the first time.

With that said, I would go into it hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. If you fail, you fail. You'll grieve, pick yourself back up, and figure out where you went wrong and how you'll approach the next examination in order to be successful. That's all you can really do, and all you should really do. The State Bar isn't out to get people, and don't blame a poor grade on one or two essays - take the responsibility to work hard, learn more and do better next time.

For those of you that pass, the nightmare will just seem to fade away with time. Though, even after passing for some time, I still have nightmares where I find out I actually failed and I have to start prep again. It sucks, but in that moment I realize I have the strength and will to do it and each time I wake up i'm a little prouder not for having passed, but for having had the resilience in my dream to gear up again and go after it.

User avatar
a male human

Gold
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby a male human » Wed May 03, 2017 2:21 pm

Thanks LockBox. I still get anxiety thinking about it 3 years later. It really is traumatizing, but you pick yourself back up. If you can't, you will continue to get rolled over. Whose determination is stronger: yours or the examiners who want to keep you out?

Some of you may think you're going to coolly check the mail a couple days later results are posted online. The anxiety is gonna happen even if you try to be a cool cucumber, and it's gonna get even worse as you get closer and closer, culminating into a state of near frenzy. Mouse cursor spinning, heartbeats audible through your neck, your fate decided in mere moments like staring down the barrel of a gun. It is pure agony for those three slow seconds of anticipation of what will appear on the screen. If it could be precipitated into solid form, it would be a highly controlled substance.

Just plan for it. Collect some distractions for the next 2 weeks so at least you're not feeling it constantly.

ur_hero

Bronze
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby ur_hero » Wed May 03, 2017 2:31 pm

a male human wrote:Thanks LockBox. I still get anxiety thinking about it 3 years later. It really is traumatizing, but you pick yourself back up. If you can't, you will continue to get rolled over. Whose determination is stronger: yours or the examiners who want to keep you out?

Some of you may think you're going to coolly check the mail a couple days later results are posted online. The anxiety is gonna happen even if you try to be a cool cucumber, and it's gonna get even worse as you get closer and closer, culminating into a state of near frenzy. Mouse cursor spinning, heartbeats audible through your neck, your fate decided in mere moments like staring down the barrel of a gun. It is pure agony for those three slow seconds of anticipation of what will appear on the screen. If it could be precipitated into solid form, it would be a highly controlled substance.

Just plan for it. Collect some distractions for the next 2 weeks so at least you're not feeling it constantly.


In contrast to friends/family assuring me I definitely passed this time - this forum totally gets me, haha.

shawn11h

New
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby shawn11h » Wed May 03, 2017 5:03 pm

Totally feel the same way. Wishing us all the best.

barexaminerssuck27

New
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:38 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby barexaminerssuck27 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:18 pm

My mom straight out told me that I'll ruined Mother's Day if I failed the bar. I am Asian.

WaitingforNJ25

New
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby WaitingforNJ25 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:19 pm

barexaminerssuck27 wrote:My mom straight out told me that I'll ruined Mother's Day if I failed the bar. I am Asian.



Hahahah funny thing is my mom said the same thing

shawn11h

New
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby shawn11h » Wed May 03, 2017 5:54 pm

barexaminerssuck27 wrote:My mom straight out told me that I'll ruined Mother's Day if I failed the bar. I am Asian.


Yikes.

User avatar
a male human

Gold
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby a male human » Wed May 03, 2017 5:59 pm

barexaminerssuck27 wrote:My mom straight out told me that I'll ruined Mother's Day if I failed the bar. I am Asian.

Brutal

sittin_pretty

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:27 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby sittin_pretty » Thu May 04, 2017 2:53 pm

EIGHT DAYS!

I haven't posted here since the week of the bar exam, have been busy enough at work to put it out of my mind. So much so that I no longer remember any of my answers :)

But it's hitting me now.

I have a trip booked to Vegas, flying out four hours after we get the results next Friday. Will either be celebrating or drinking my sorrows away...

Good luck, everyone!

RavenAgain

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:25 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby RavenAgain » Thu May 04, 2017 3:28 pm

S0M21L wrote:For everyone worrying about results, write your worries down on paper before you go to bed. Then tell yourself, I've dealt with it. You'll sleep.

Brilliant

RavenAgain

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:25 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby RavenAgain » Thu May 04, 2017 3:46 pm

Have you considered that some people might have postponed taking the bar to sit the 2 day exam in July 2017 rather than having sat the 3 day exam in Feb 2017?

If there is an increase in exam takers in July 2017, wouldn't the Bar examination board have an interest in letting more of us pass, first, because we were bold to sit the 3 days exam (hell yeah!) and secondly because the Board will have to rent additional locations for the increased amount of applicants, which will increase its costs!

9xSound

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 2:01 am

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby 9xSound » Thu May 04, 2017 4:16 pm

LockBox wrote:Let me start by wishing you all the best of luck. When I was going through this process the waiting was the absolute worst because it really was out of your hands. Secondly, after having failed once, you know how real the possibility of failing is. You're more aware of what is needed to pass and so the anxiety can be even more than waiting for results the first time.

With that said, I would go into it hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. If you fail, you fail. You'll grieve, pick yourself back up, and figure out where you went wrong and how you'll approach the next examination in order to be successful. That's all you can really do, and all you should really do. The State Bar isn't out to get people, and don't blame a poor grade on one or two essays - take the responsibility to work hard, learn more and do better next time.

For those of you that pass, the nightmare will just seem to fade away with time. Though, even after passing for some time, I still have nightmares where I find out I actually failed and I have to start prep again. It sucks, but in that moment I realize I have the strength and will to do it and each time I wake up i'm a little prouder not for having passed, but for having had the resilience in my dream to gear up again and go after it.


Excellent post. Well said.

SUPERFEVER

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:56 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby SUPERFEVER » Thu May 04, 2017 5:10 pm

When I think about studying again, all I hear is that song "hello darkness my old friend"

InterAlia1961

Bronze
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:32 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby InterAlia1961 » Thu May 04, 2017 5:49 pm

SUPERFEVER wrote:When I think about studying again, all I hear is that song "hello darkness my old friend"


I went over to barprephero.com and took the CivPro test. CivPro is my worst subject. I got a 74%, which made me feel better, since I haven't studied since the Monday before the exam. I'm tired of taking this thing and failing it. If I fail it, I'll try again, but the shine is wearing thin for me. I've poured everything I have emotionally, physically, and financially into this. I've missed out on time with friends and family because I'm too busy studying for the bar exam. It seems like I've spent a lifetime studying for the bar exam. The worst part is the immobilization. I can't sell my house and move, something I desperately want to do. I can't look for meaningful and permanent employment, because I'm not sure what that means if it doesn't include practicing law. This sucks out loud.

SUPERFEVER

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:56 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby SUPERFEVER » Thu May 04, 2017 7:20 pm

Question for the esteemed TLS board...

I felt like I slam-dunked the PR question, but something is bothering me lately about it. Even though i'm very confident in my headings and didn't forget any rules, I didn't find a super meaningful difference in any of the outcomes. To clarify: There wasn't a heading where using ABA hugely differed from using CA.

I found some small differences but no heading was critically affected.

Did anyone else feel this way?

alexmares50

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:52 pm

Re: 2017 February California Bar Exam

Postby alexmares50 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Guchster wrote:Anyone else experience cardiac arrest when they got the "California February 2017 Bar Exam Results" in their inbox, lol. :shock:


it was brutal...my biggest dread is putting my wife through bar prep again. we have worked really hard since the bar to chat about anything other than studying or the bar itself so really just want to get results and take the next steps



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FuturePanhandler and 31 guests