Character and Fitness Paperwork re. moral character + affidavits

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
pinky7

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:48 pm

Character and Fitness Paperwork re. moral character + affidavits

Postby pinky7 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:55 pm

Hi all,

I know the moral affidavits have to be written within 60 days of submission.

ANyone know the timeline for the employment affidavits?

Thanks

UMich11

Bronze
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Character and Fitness Paperwork re. moral character + affidavits

Postby UMich11 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:12 am

what state?

pinky7

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Character and Fitness Paperwork re. moral character + affidavits

Postby pinky7 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:30 am

NY

User avatar
encore1101

Silver
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:13 am

Re: Character and Fitness Paperwork re. moral character + affidavits

Postby encore1101 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:40 am

IIRC, the employment affidavits don't have a similar timeline.

User avatar
ArtistOfManliness

Silver
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:56 pm

Re: Character and Fitness Paperwork re. moral character + affidavits

Postby ArtistOfManliness » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:09 pm

I'm not even sure that I agree with your premise. I think it might different by department.

o0o0o0o

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:44 pm

Re: Character and Fitness Paperwork re. moral character + affidavits

Postby o0o0o0o » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:06 am

ArtistOfManliness wrote:I'm not even sure that I agree with your premise. I think it might different by department.


+1. No time limit in First Department.

TLSaul2001

New
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: Character and Fitness Paperwork re. moral character + affidavits

Postby TLSaul2001 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:54 pm

2nd Department they only require that your current employment be dated within 60 days of your application date. The rest of them there does not seem to be a time limit.

raptors_delight

New
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:30 pm

Re: Character and Fitness Paperwork re. moral character + affidavits

Postby raptors_delight » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:15 pm

TLSaul2001 wrote:2nd Department they only require that your current employment be dated within 60 days of your application date. The rest of them there does not seem to be a time limit.


+1

anshulkalra

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:49 am

Re: Character and Fitness Paperwork re. moral character + affidavits

Postby anshulkalra » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:20 pm

Hello Guys,

I need your advice regarding employment affidavits.

Foreign student here. Currently based in the UAE. Passed the NY Bar in feb, 2016. While I was studying for the Bar, I was employed at a law firm as paralegal for almost 4 years. After the exam, changed jobs and worked as a paralegal in corporate dept. This month I resigned from my current job and going back to previous job to work as a paralegal in their dispute resolution dept. Since I am under one month notice period now with my current job and also expect to send my applications by next week, do you think I should add my re-joining of previous law firm in additional legal employment affidavit.

Regarding traffic fines, even though I do not have any existing tickets, am I required to disclose the previous tickets I paid off?

Lastly, I have had one to two reminder letters from bank to pay my student loan instalment back in 2014. I have been in top of my loan payments since then and never had any issues with the bank. In fact my loan would be fully paid off within the next couple of months. Do I need to disclose the fact that I received reminder letters from Bank back in 2014?

Would highly appreciate guidance.

Thanks

QuasiINrem

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:17 am

Re: Character and Fitness Paperwork re. moral character + affidavits

Postby QuasiINrem » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:29 pm

anshulkalra wrote:Hello Guys,

I need your advice regarding employment affidavits.

Foreign student here. Currently based in the UAE. Passed the NY Bar in feb, 2016. While I was studying for the Bar, I was employed at a law firm as paralegal for almost 4 years. After the exam, changed jobs and worked as a paralegal in corporate dept. This month I resigned from my current job and going back to previous job to work as a paralegal in their dispute resolution dept. Since I am under one month notice period now with my current job and also expect to send my applications by next week, do you think I should add my re-joining of previous law firm in additional legal employment affidavit.

Regarding traffic fines, even though I do not have any existing tickets, am I required to disclose the previous tickets I paid off?

Lastly, I have had one to two reminder letters from bank to pay my student loan instalment back in 2014. I have been in top of my loan payments since then and never had any issues with the bank. In fact my loan would be fully paid off within the next couple of months. Do I need to disclose the fact that I received reminder letters from Bank back in 2014?

Would highly appreciate guidance.

Thanks



I can only answer the traffic tickets - I disclosed the traffic tickets I paid off (speeding and disobeying device) because I plead "guilty" and was "convicted" these all happened in Ny in 2008

rkreymer

Bronze
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:35 pm

Re: Character and Fitness Paperwork re. moral character + affidavits

Postby rkreymer » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:39 pm

anshulkalra wrote:Hello Guys,

I need your advice regarding employment affidavits.

Foreign student here. Currently based in the UAE. Passed the NY Bar in feb, 2016. While I was studying for the Bar, I was employed at a law firm as paralegal for almost 4 years. After the exam, changed jobs and worked as a paralegal in corporate dept. This month I resigned from my current job and going back to previous job to work as a paralegal in their dispute resolution dept. Since I am under one month notice period now with my current job and also expect to send my applications by next week, do you think I should add my re-joining of previous law firm in additional legal employment affidavit.

Regarding traffic fines, even though I do not have any existing tickets, am I required to disclose the previous tickets I paid off?

Lastly, I have had one to two reminder letters from bank to pay my student loan instalment back in 2014. I have been in top of my loan payments since then and never had any issues with the bank. In fact my loan would be fully paid off within the next couple of months. Do I need to disclose the fact that I received reminder letters from Bank back in 2014?

Would highly appreciate guidance.

Thanks


If in doubt, just disclose



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], mlp12, Tony48 and 39 guests