February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
jcsmith

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:56 am

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby jcsmith » Wed May 03, 2017 12:53 pm

I was able to register and pay.

favrefire4

Silver
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby favrefire4 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:19 pm

I just paid and registered as well. Does our name immediately appear on the website?

helenwho2

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 12:11 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby helenwho2 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:36 pm

I registered as well. When can we receive the license?

User avatar
BVest

Platinum
Posts: 7887
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby BVest » Wed May 03, 2017 1:38 pm

helenwho2 wrote:I registered as well. When can we receive the license?


The bar will provide the court with lists of folks who have paid and the court will start mailing them out. This will likely occur daily at first and then trickle off later (though for Feb results, maybe they'll go out not quite daily if the numbers don't support it).

ETA: When I worked in the capitol complex a few years ago, I passed a this (about 90-100 licenses) being wheeled to the loading docks shortly after June bar results came out:

Image
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
po1

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby po1 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:40 pm

Pass rates have been posted https://ble.texas.gov/2017Feb

DueProcessDoWheelies

Bronze
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:35 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby DueProcessDoWheelies » Wed May 03, 2017 7:17 pm

48.36% overall pass rate. Yuck.

Ketki

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Ketki » Wed May 03, 2017 8:19 pm

Horrible pass rate of all times.,..

maztastic247

New
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:06 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby maztastic247 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:57 pm

Wow those pass rates are horrible. I went to law school in Az they are still awaiting results I hope they get a better pass rate then we did!

User avatar
Leprechaun

Bronze
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Leprechaun » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:10 pm

Has anyone received their law license yet in the mail? (Not the gold colored bar cards but the license)

maztastic247

New
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:06 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby maztastic247 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Leprechaun wrote:Has anyone received their law license yet in the mail? (Not the gold colored bar cards but the license)

Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't received it yet, and is anxiously waiting!

Foghornleghorn

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:05 am

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Foghornleghorn » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:47 am

Updates on the license?

User avatar
Leprechaun

Bronze
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Leprechaun » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:00 pm

Foghornleghorn wrote:Updates on the license?


I received this email on June 27. Still no license certificate though.


"Hi,

Please be advised that your Texas Supreme Court certificate order is on a slight delay.

We know how important your certificate is to you. I assure you that we are doing everything to expedite it. We are aiming for end of July.

Once it mails, you will receive a shipping notification via email to know to look out for it.

I apologize for the inconvenience and greatly appreciate your understanding and patience.



Jamie George
The AWARD Group
132 Nassau Street
New York, NY 10038
jgeorge@theawardgroup.com
www.THEAWARDGROUP.com"

User avatar
BVest

Platinum
Posts: 7887
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby BVest » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Leprechaun wrote:
Foghornleghorn wrote:Updates on the license?


I received this email on June 27. Still no license certificate though.


"Hi,

Please be advised that your Texas Supreme Court certificate order is on a slight delay.

We know how important your certificate is to you. I assure you that we are doing everything to expedite it. We are aiming for end of July.

Once it mails, you will receive a shipping notification via email to know to look out for it.

I apologize for the inconvenience and greatly appreciate your understanding and patience.



Jamie George
The AWARD Group
132 Nassau Street
New York, NY 10038
jgeorge@theawardgroup.com
http://www.THEAWARDGROUP.com"


Interesting. They used to (by which I mean one entire year ago) ship them out from in-house.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

maxmartin

Silver
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby maxmartin » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:54 pm

Is Texas Supreme Court certificate order special in anyway? I thought it is just a piece of paper.

User avatar
BVest

Platinum
Posts: 7887
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby BVest » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:00 pm

maxmartin wrote:Is Texas Supreme Court certificate order special in anyway? I thought it is just a piece of paper.


Foil seal with ribbon and "signed" by all 9 justices. So pretty much just a piece of paper.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

maxmartin

Silver
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby maxmartin » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:15 pm

BVest wrote:
maxmartin wrote:Is Texas Supreme Court certificate order special in anyway? I thought it is just a piece of paper.


Foil seal with ribbon and "signed" by all 9 justices. So pretty much just a piece of paper.

:mrgreen: So fancy, considering the TX membership fee is so low!



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests