February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
dtjustice

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:15 am

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby dtjustice » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:07 pm

Did you all write or type the exam?

Hottexas

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Hottexas » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:10 pm

dtjustice wrote:Did you all write or type the exam?

I wrote. And You?

Hottexas

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Hottexas » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:12 pm

Estecontre wrote:Congratulations to everybody that passed!! Sadly I failed, but I wanted to post my story here so people can have some hope. I got a 534 the first time I took it. This time I scored a 655!! I was so close and while I am bummed I improved my score by 121 points. I know i will get it next time!!

I admire your motivation!! I am starting to study tomorrow....I'm so mad about the mbe....

crazeazn

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:33 am

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby crazeazn » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:23 pm

I just failed the second time and I got the exact same score but I had a question re: scoring. In every section, I scored a substantially higher % than I did in July but the on the essay portion I scored 8 points lower on the scaled essay score even though my % total was about 60 points higher in aggregate if you added all the 12 essay %s from both examinations. Is that normal?

Still can't pass with this shit MBE score.

Hottexas

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Hottexas » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:37 pm

crazeazn wrote:I just failed the second time and I got the exact same score but I had a question re: scoring. In every section, I scored a substantially higher % than I did in July but the on the essay portion I scored 8 points lower on the scaled essay score even though my % total was about 60 points higher in aggregate if you added all the 12 essay %s from both examinations. Is that normal?

Still can't pass with this shit MBE score.

What did you do different ? Did you take a course? What is your mbe score ? Something you are doing is wrong and you need to nail it !!

TXforeignlawyer

New
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:33 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby TXforeignlawyer » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:58 am

First of congratulations to all who passed! Really happy for you and I hope you will spend this weekend celebrating. I spent all day in work purposefully not checking the site as I wanted to wait until I got home, didn't it feel like the longest day of your life? I failed and was not too surprised, the mbe really killed me. I had terrible practice mbe scores. Simulated 90/200. There was just no way I scored 100 plus. I came home, didn't see my name on the list, felt really flat, then went to "happy" hour - felt like it was better than sitting in alone. I will post more this weekend. If anyone is in the Dallas area and wants to hang out / talk about the result and plan for the resit, get in touch. I've no idea where to start again.

TXforeignlawyer

New
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:33 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby TXforeignlawyer » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:05 am

I wrote the exam and whilst I wasn't sure in the lead up, I am glad I wrote - I just wrote better than typing. Although, maybe I should rethink my approach cos I failed. I'm surprise how short the pass list is. There were so many of us in the exam hall. I've not read all of the posts but I am sure the lady in charge said there were 1400 or 1500 examinees.

PhatttFat

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby PhatttFat » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:38 am

TXforeignlawyer wrote:First of congratulations to all who passed! Really happy for you and I hope you will spend this weekend celebrating. I spent all day in work purposefully not checking the site as I wanted to wait until I got home, didn't it feel like the longest day of your life? I failed and was not too surprised, the mbe really killed me. I had terrible practice mbe scores. Simulated 90/200. There was just no way I scored 100 plus. I came home, didn't see my name on the list, felt really flat, then went to "happy" hour - felt like it was better than sitting in alone. I will post more this weekend. If anyone is in the Dallas area and wants to hang out / talk about the result and plan for the resit, get in touch. I've no idea where to start again.


Don't give up, you can do it! I'm a repeater, my score jumped more than 50 points from last time to now. I did not do great at all my first time.

I'm in Dallas, and more than willing to share what I did differently or suggestions that helped me. Feel free to PM me if you like. Get some rest, rejuvenate yourself, and hit it harder even next time. You got this!

Hottexas

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Hottexas » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:45 am

PhatttFat wrote:
TXforeignlawyer wrote:First of congratulations to all who passed! Really happy for you and I hope you will spend this weekend celebrating. I spent all day in work purposefully not checking the site as I wanted to wait until I got home, didn't it feel like the longest day of your life? I failed and was not too surprised, the mbe really killed me. I had terrible practice mbe scores. Simulated 90/200. There was just no way I scored 100 plus. I came home, didn't see my name on the list, felt really flat, then went to "happy" hour - felt like it was better than sitting in alone. I will post more this weekend. If anyone is in the Dallas area and wants to hang out / talk about the result and plan for the resit, get in touch. I've no idea where to start again.


Don't give up, you can do it! I'm a repeater, my score jumped more than 50 points from last time to now. I did not do great at all my first time.

I'm in Dallas, and more than willing to share what I did differently or suggestions that helped me. Feel free to PM me if you like. Get some rest, rejuvenate yourself, and hit it harder even next time. You got this!

What is your phone number ? Can I text you too, please?

TXforeignlawyer

New
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:33 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby TXforeignlawyer » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:55 am

Thanks Phatt, really appreciated your kind words.

Y'all, I saw some posts above about scores above. How do we get our score and a breakdown?

Ideally trying to find out what my mbe was.

Feb17TBE

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:15 am

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Feb17TBE » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:40 am

TXforeignlawyer wrote:Thanks Phatt, really appreciated your kind words.

Y'all, I saw some posts above about scores above. How do we get our score and a breakdown?

Ideally trying to find out what my mbe was.


It's on your Atlas home page, top right corner "Admission Documents." The one that says "informal review" is the score breakdown.

Feb17TBE

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:15 am

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Feb17TBE » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:43 am

It seems like the MBEs were really bad for those of us who failed. And here I was thinking it was gonna be the Crim P&E. I got 86% on that one. I was shocked! But the MBEs really got me good this time. I scored in the 130s last times I took it but this time it was 117!

dtjustice

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:15 am

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby dtjustice » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:38 am

Hottexas wrote:
dtjustice wrote:Did you all write or type the exam?

I wrote. And You?


Yep, I wrote. I know I will be typing next time because that will make a huge difference for me on my Essays.

fromCAtoTX

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:04 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby fromCAtoTX » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:47 am

First timer. Got a 654 and 127 mbe. Really down and not sure I have the confidence to retake. Although I heard good things about reed bar review. Can any successful repeater please tell me what you did differently to pass?

Shad2013

New
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:43 am

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Shad2013 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:13 am

Only 607 people passed. Any good estimate of the number of takers?

dtjustice

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:15 am

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby dtjustice » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:18 am

Shad2013 wrote:Only 607 people passed. Any good estimate of the number of takers?



I remember her saying over 1400 and I had guestimated about 1500. I just looked at 2016 February and there were 1433 total so I'm sure it was close to that. With only 606/7 passing that's like around 42% and it was 56% in 2016....that's craziness.

dtjustice

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:15 am

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby dtjustice » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:21 am

Curious.....where is everyone located? I'm in Abilene. I would LOVE to find people to study with but there's no one around here within a zillion miles to work with.

PhatttFat

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby PhatttFat » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:36 am

Hottexas wrote:
PhatttFat wrote:
TXforeignlawyer wrote:First of congratulations to all who passed! Really happy for you and I hope you will spend this weekend celebrating. I spent all day in work purposefully not checking the site as I wanted to wait until I got home, didn't it feel like the longest day of your life? I failed and was not too surprised, the mbe really killed me. I had terrible practice mbe scores. Simulated 90/200. There was just no way I scored 100 plus. I came home, didn't see my name on the list, felt really flat, then went to "happy" hour - felt like it was better than sitting in alone. I will post more this weekend. If anyone is in the Dallas area and wants to hang out / talk about the result and plan for the resit, get in touch. I've no idea where to start again.


Don't give up, you can do it! I'm a repeater, my score jumped more than 50 points from last time to now. I did not do great at all my first time.

I'm in Dallas, and more than willing to share what I did differently or suggestions that helped me. Feel free to PM me if you like. Get some rest, rejuvenate yourself, and hit it harder even next time. You got this!

What is your phone number ? Can I text you too, please?


Of course, PM me. I'll send it to you.

Hottexas

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Hottexas » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:53 pm

PhatttFat wrote:
Hottexas wrote:
PhatttFat wrote:
TXforeignlawyer wrote:First of congratulations to all who passed! Really happy for you and I hope you will spend this weekend celebrating. I spent all day in work purposefully not checking the site as I wanted to wait until I got home, didn't it feel like the longest day of your life? I failed and was not too surprised, the mbe really killed me. I had terrible practice mbe scores. Simulated 90/200. There was just no way I scored 100 plus. I came home, didn't see my name on the list, felt really flat, then went to "happy" hour - felt like it was better than sitting in alone. I will post more this weekend. If anyone is in the Dallas area and wants to hang out / talk about the result and plan for the resit, get in touch. I've no idea where to start again.


Don't give up, you can do it! I'm a repeater, my score jumped more than 50 points from last time to now. I did not do great at all my first time.

I'm in Dallas, and more than willing to share what I did differently or suggestions that helped me. Feel free to PM me if you like. Get some rest, rejuvenate yourself, and hit it harder even next time. You got this!

What is your phone number ? Can I text you too, please?


Of course, PM me. I'll send it to you.

Thanks, but I haven't received it yet... :|

QTSI666

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:46 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby QTSI666 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:59 pm

Hey everyone!!! Congratulations to all who passed! I'll be retaking in July. I am in San Antonio area and was wondering if anyone interested in having a study group sort of thing. Thanks.

Ketki

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Ketki » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:33 pm

Hi , I am foreign trained attorney and scored 610. I studied very hard for 3 months, completed 70% themis and did CriticalPass, scored evenly in mpt, mbe, p&e and essays . In two minds whether I should retake in July? Any suggestions? Any new strategy? Really need help.

TXforeignlawyer

New
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:33 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby TXforeignlawyer » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:58 pm

Just checked my score, 593. I'm foreign trained too. I think I will plan to sit it again in July but I need some serious work on my mbe.

dtjustice

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:15 am

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby dtjustice » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:50 pm

These forums are great! It would also be great (and a bit more "liberal") if those who want, would like to create an online study group in another media, where we could attack difficult areas and ensure we fully understand everything, while being supportive to each other and holding each other accountable! It sounds like the motivation is there already so it's just going to be a lot of hard work from now until the exam. We could "meet" once or twice a week or however is most accommodating...I have no problem posting my phone number for those who text .... I have to heavy filter my phone when I'm working so just make sure you let me know you're from this site or I won't respond. I'm so excited!!! I'll cross-post this so the whole group sees. :-)

Deb
(325) 267-1160

QTSI666

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:46 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby QTSI666 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:43 pm

dtjustice wrote:These forums are great! It would also be great (and a bit more "liberal") if those who want, would like to create an online study group in another media, where we could attack difficult areas and ensure we fully understand everything, while being supportive to each other and holding each other accountable! It sounds like the motivation is there already so it's just going to be a lot of hard work from now until the exam. We could "meet" once or twice a week or however is most accommodating...I have no problem posting my phone number for those who text .... I have to heavy filter my phone when I'm working so just make sure you let me know you're from this site or I won't respond. I'm so excited!!! I'll cross-post this so the whole group sees. :-)

Deb
(325) 267-1160



I really like your idea.

eeceo

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:28 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby eeceo » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:45 pm

Lurked here since the exam. Did not pass. 660 (!!!) with a 136 MBE.

Don't know what happened. My results were all over the place:

82% Civ Pro and 67% Crim Pro
23% MPT (And I thought I had done GREAT on it!!)
95% on one Business Associations and 4% on the other!!!
88% on one Real Property and 19% on the other!!

My best MBE subjects were Torts (77%) and Contracts (76%), while my worst was Crim Law (24%), which was my BEST throughout bar prep!

Crazy. I honestly don't know what to think. When I saw the numbers, I couldn't understand how I blew the things I thought I did a lot better on. I still can't actually.



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FinallyPassedTheBar, scard and 42 guests