February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
favrefire4

Silver
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby favrefire4 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:45 pm

No, but until you offer actual proof of someone scoring in that range after a re-grade, I'm going to rely on the actual evidence that we have that explicitly confirms that any applicants who've been in that range have passed upon the automatic re-grade.

maxmartin

Silver
Posts: 710
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby maxmartin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:46 pm

favrefire4 wrote:Let me re-phrase. It would be impossible for anyone to end up with a score of 670-674 AFTER their exam is re-graded.

Lucky Texans.Cal Bar almost never pass any automatic re-graders.

PhatttFat

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby PhatttFat » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:51 pm

favrefire4 wrote:A few people tweeted at Willett asking if the results might come out today. He said nope.


I was one of those people lol. But I don't see where he replied to me or anyone else.

washed out

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby washed out » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:51 pm

favrefire4 wrote:No, but until you offer actual proof of someone scoring in that range after a re-grade, I'm going to rely on the actual evidence that we have that explicitly confirms that any applicants who've been in that range have passed upon the automatic re-grade.


I understand that it hasn't happened based on two studies from two tests, and I believe it's unlikely an entire exam is going to get regraded and receive the same score as the first time. But I don't think it's "mathematically impossible" and I don't think there is a rule that explicitly says anyone who scores 670-674 will pass upon a regrade. If that were the case, the actual passing score would be superfluous and the threshold score (670-674) would be called something else (like a "safe harbor" zone) that wouldn't require a regrade at all.

favrefire4

Silver
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby favrefire4 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:51 pm

After reading the regrade section a bit further, it sounds like they wanted to see if this would be the case with other future administrations if they used a double-blind group of graders, so, perhaps this auto situation is no longer the case. I'll back my stance up a bit.

favrefire4

Silver
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby favrefire4 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:52 pm

washed out wrote:
favrefire4 wrote:No, but until you offer actual proof of someone scoring in that range after a re-grade, I'm going to rely on the actual evidence that we have that explicitly confirms that any applicants who've been in that range have passed upon the automatic re-grade.


I understand that it hasn't happened based on two studies from two tests, and I believe it's unlikely an entire exam is going to get regraded and receive the same score as the first time. But I don't think it's "mathematically impossible" and I don't think there is a rule that explicitly says anyone who scores 670-674 will pass upon a regrade. If that were the case, the actual passing score would be superfluous and the threshold score (670-674) would be called something else (like a "safe harbor" zone) that wouldn't require a regrade at all.


I'd say that's probably fair.

favrefire4

Silver
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby favrefire4 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:52 pm

PhatttFat wrote:
favrefire4 wrote:A few people tweeted at Willett asking if the results might come out today. He said nope.


I was one of those people lol. But I don't see where he replied to me or anyone else.


Go to his Twitter page. It's on his timeline of Tweets.


favrefire4

Silver
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby favrefire4 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:56 pm

He said it so matter-of-factly, too. And, then, just for good measure, tweeted a GIF to someone else.

PhatttFat

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby PhatttFat » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:57 pm

favrefire4 wrote:
PhatttFat wrote:
favrefire4 wrote:A few people tweeted at Willett asking if the results might come out today. He said nope.


I was one of those people lol. But I don't see where he replied to me or anyone else.


Go to his Twitter page. It's on his timeline of Tweets.


Apparently I don't know how to use twitter, had no idea there is a "tweets and replies" tab. He didn't reply to me but I see his response to others. Thanks.

User avatar
BVest

Platinum
Posts: 7887
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby BVest » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:05 pm

Yeah, twitter likes to change its format every so often to keep me on my toes. I find it useless for daily stuff, but useful for certain specific things, which means I use it just enough that it's almost always different when I use it again.

I'm posting this link again just for future information only. Still not up and still yielding a 404, but so that people don't have to search back too many pages:
[+] Spoiler
https://ble.texas.gov/pass-list-feb-2017


As for the regrade discussion, true it's not mathematically impossible to auto-regrade and still fail, but it is mathematically highly improbable.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

washed out

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby washed out » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:08 pm

When (not if) you bar takers become lawyers, you may discover things that are "technically true" are the best kinds of true. :D

Gully1990

New
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Gully1990 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:51 pm

This regrade discussion is hilarious! This is what y'all can do. Wait until tomorrow and if you don't pass and your score is in the 670-674 range then tell us and the discussion can cease!! Lol

favrefire4

Silver
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby favrefire4 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:54 pm

Gully1990 wrote:This regrade discussion is hilarious! This is what y'all can do. Wait until tomorrow and if you don't pass and your score is in the 670-674 range then tell us and the discussion can cease!! Lol


Let's hope all of us are well north of that and are unable to do so!

Foghornleghorn

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:05 am

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Foghornleghorn » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:13 pm

TexasRepeater wrote:
favrefire4 wrote:I wonder why if they're ready (which I'd be very surprised if they weren't), they just don't release them? Like why wait?


Because torture.


I presume it is to give the bar examiners time to get out of dodge. I doubt any person who calls tomorrow will be able to get through after results come out.

Gully1990

New
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Gully1990 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:14 pm

favrefire4 wrote:
Gully1990 wrote:This regrade discussion is hilarious! This is what y'all can do. Wait until tomorrow and if you don't pass and your score is in the 670-674 range then tell us and the discussion can cease!! Lol


Let's hope all of us are well north of that and are unable to do so!


Agreed!! I sure we all pass!!

Gully1990

New
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Gully1990 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:15 pm

Foghornleghorn wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:
favrefire4 wrote:I wonder why if they're ready (which I'd be very surprised if they weren't), they just don't release them? Like why wait?


Because torture.


I presume it is to give the bar examiners time to get out of dodge. I doubt any person who calls tomorrow will be able to get through after results come out.


They normally send an announcement on the site saying they will not be in the office lol

favrefire4

Silver
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby favrefire4 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:15 pm

Gully1990 wrote:
Foghornleghorn wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:
favrefire4 wrote:I wonder why if they're ready (which I'd be very surprised if they weren't), they just don't release them? Like why wait?


Because torture.


I presume it is to give the bar examiners time to get out of dodge. I doubt any person who calls tomorrow will be able to get through after results come out.


They normally send an announcement on the site saying they will not be in the office lol


Sounds about right.

TexasRepeater

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:39 am

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby TexasRepeater » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:35 pm

Gully1990 wrote:
Foghornleghorn wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:
favrefire4 wrote:I wonder why if they're ready (which I'd be very surprised if they weren't), they just don't release them? Like why wait?


Because torture.


I presume it is to give the bar examiners time to get out of dodge. I doubt any person who calls tomorrow will be able to get through after results come out.


They normally send an announcement on the site saying they will not be in the office lol


I'm guessing that's why they do it on a Friday.

Foghornleghorn

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:05 am

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Foghornleghorn » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:52 pm

My life right now Image

_cant_deal

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:46 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby _cant_deal » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:57 pm

LOLLLL. Couldn't agree more. Ugh. Pass rate stats for out-of-state repeaters not looking great.

TexasRepeater

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:39 am

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby TexasRepeater » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:17 pm

_cant_deal wrote:LOLLLL. Couldn't agree more. Ugh. Pass rate stats for out-of-state repeaters not looking great.


LOL Thanks for the pick me up...

jcsmith

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:56 am

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby jcsmith » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:23 pm

Question regarding dues: I noticed that it is cheaper to pay dues in April than to pay them in May. So, if we get results tomorrow, will we be able to pay the dues for the April price if we pay immediately? (I know this is thinking too far ahead lol. Results are my main concern.)

Estecontre

Bronze
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Estecontre » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:26 pm

TexasRepeater wrote:
_cant_deal wrote:LOLLLL. Couldn't agree more. Ugh. Pass rate stats for out-of-state repeaters not looking great.


LOL Thanks for the pick me up...


This shouldn't be disheartening! The good thing about Texas being different is that our scores can't really be correlated to most other states. I mean, think about it like this, you can't honestly totally mess up the MPT and pass, in other states this can be a death warrant.

TexasRepeater

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:39 am

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby TexasRepeater » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:33 pm

jcsmith wrote:Question regarding dues: I noticed that it is cheaper to pay dues in April than to pay them in May. So, if we get results tomorrow, will we be able to pay the dues for the April price if we pay immediately? (I know this is thinking too far ahead lol. Results are my main concern.)


EDIT:

Read wrong. Sorry.
Last edited by TexasRepeater on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: harold and 16 guests