February 2017 Texas Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
po1

New

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Post by po1 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:45 am

Estecontre wrote:
PhatttFat wrote:
favrefire4 wrote:Getting close
I'm fine during the day when I'm busy. But at night, I get so much anxiety. I've been here trying to calculate how I can get 675 with different scores on each section lol.

I'm a repeat taker. I want to pass so bad.
Pretty much in the same boat. I'm fine during the day, but just as I'm getting ready to sleep the anxiety hits me. I go from seeing my name on the list to thinking what if I failed? I completely fucked the MPT so I've been trying to calculate what else I need in the other sections to make up for it.
Same here. I'm hoping since we saw such a large increase in passing rates for July 2016 that it's going to carry over for Feb.
Last edited by po1 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:48 am

I just want to get it over with at this point. We know they're done grading and such. They should just release them lol

Gully1990

New

Post by Gully1990 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:07 pm

cnk1220 wrote:hey texas peeps- just thought I'd drop in and say 1) i'm a dallas cowboys fan, and 2) rooting for all of you to pass (i'm apart of the crazy looney NY bunch that's been blowing up tls since last week).

<3
Thank you! Rooting for you in NY too!!

bbran340

New

Post by bbran340 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:07 pm

Based on past releases, does anyone know when they will notify us if they're releasing on Friday? I have been planning for Friday but now that it's getting closer I'm worried they will wait (I know it's unlikely, I just like confirmation that it will be early.)

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:08 pm

I don't think they'll ever stray from their official date. They just post them a day early, historically speaking. Somewhere a while back I was reading the page should go live at some point prior to their release, but I can't seem to find out how early the page goes live..

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Estecontre

Bronze

Post by Estecontre » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:18 pm

bbran340 wrote:Based on past releases, does anyone know when they will notify us if they're releasing on Friday? I have been planning for Friday but now that it's getting closer I'm worried they will wait (I know it's unlikely, I just like confirmation that it will be early.)
They don't confirm anything except the anticipated release date. Just follow Justice Willett on Twitter, you can still check his page even if you don't have Twitter. They are typically released a day early, but he gives heads up minutes before they are released, that's your best bet.

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:18 pm

Gully1990 wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:hey texas peeps- just thought I'd drop in and say 1) i'm a dallas cowboys fan, and 2) rooting for all of you to pass (i'm apart of the crazy looney NY bunch that's been blowing up tls since last week).

<3

We got ours lastnight at like midnight- i passed, thank you!

TexasRepeater

New

Post by TexasRepeater » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:28 pm

bbran340 wrote:Based on past releases, does anyone know when they will notify us if they're releasing on Friday? I have been planning for Friday but now that it's getting closer I'm worried they will wait (I know it's unlikely, I just like confirmation that it will be early.)
Last time, there were strong rumors the release was going to be on Thursday but Justice Willett dispelled it. I believe it'll be this Friday.

Gully1990

New

Post by Gully1990 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:34 pm

They won't notify us for an early release. It will just happen. Willett is the timer! I just follow his tweets.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gully1990

New

Post by Gully1990 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:35 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
Gully1990 wrote:

<3

We got ours lastnight at like midnight- i passed, thank you!
Congrats!! That's awesome

bbran340

New

Post by bbran340 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:49 pm

Gully1990 wrote:
They won't notify us for an early release. It will just happen. Willett is the timer! I just follow his tweets.
Thank you! (And everyone else who responded). I was just hoping for an official notification that it will be early. I suppose I'll just continue my sleepless nights for this week and hope it ends on Friday. Good luck everyone!

Gully1990

New

Post by Gully1990 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:02 pm

bbran340 wrote:
Gully1990 wrote:
Thank you! (And everyone else who responded). I was just hoping for an official notification that it will be early. I suppose I'll just continue my sleepless nights for this week and hope it ends on Friday. Good luck everyone!
Friday no matter how calm you tell yourself to be you won't be lol so just try and hold it in until Friday

Estecontre

Bronze

Post by Estecontre » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:22 pm

Gully1990 wrote:
bbran340 wrote:
Gully1990 wrote:
Friday no matter how calm you tell yourself to be you won't be lol so just try and hold it in until Friday
I agree. We don't really have a time for when they are released so you spend minute after minute looking for anything. . . . try to relax. I know it's hard, but everybody's fate is out of their hands at this point.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:26 pm

FYI: Here's the link that should populate at the appropriate time on Friday or whenever they post:

Right now it's still a 404 error.
https://ble.texas.gov/pass-list-feb-2017
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:29 pm

BVest wrote:FYI: Here's the link that should populate at the appropriate time on Friday or whenever they post:

For some reason I was under the impression it populates in advance, just with one name under each letter from someone who had passed a previous administration?

TexasRepeater

New

Post by TexasRepeater » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:32 pm

BVest wrote:FYI: Here's the link that should populate at the appropriate time on Friday or whenever they post:

Well, my computer refresh's button is going to break.

vandyclark

New

Post by vandyclark » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:57 pm

Anyone with thoughts on what time of day they typically post? I took & failed last February & it's frankly all a blur. I just remember trying to stay busy & how awful it felt.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

UNCLaw55

New

Post by UNCLaw55 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:07 pm

I got a flurry of requests from my licensure analyst wrapping up by character and fitness portion within the past two days. Just simple confirmation stuff. I was wondering if any of ya'll had any experience with that or if you have heard that it's a good sign.

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:08 pm

I haven't but I'd have to think that would be a good sign? Why waste time with that if you didn't pass?

Also, results usually come out around noon-ish.

jcsmith

New

Post by jcsmith » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:13 pm

UNCLaw55 wrote:I got a flurry of requests from my licensure analyst wrapping up by character and fitness portion within the past two days. Just simple confirmation stuff. I was wondering if any of ya'll had any experience with that or if you have heard that it's a good sign.
I got an email a couple weeks ago about them needing my boss to fill out the C and F portion. I guess he overlooked the email. I had him fill it out and the C and F person thanked me for jumping on it really fast and that they could now "certify the C and F portion of the application process." I was also wondering if that was a sign.

UNCLaw55

New

Post by UNCLaw55 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:17 pm

Yea, that's the same thing for me, they just need employment confirmation. I am licensed in Colorado and I spoke to the administrator at the PD's office where I worked and she said that it happens all the time and it's usually a sign that someone passed.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:19 pm

UNCLaw55 wrote:Yea, that's the same thing for me, they just need employment confirmation. I am licensed in Colorado and I spoke to the administrator at the PD's office where I worked and she said that it happens all the time and it's usually a sign that someone passed.
Now I'm worried that because I haven't heard from them, I likely failed..

Ketki

New

Post by Ketki » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:27 pm

Me too..haven't heard from them..damn nervous :(

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:30 pm

Ketki wrote:Me too..haven't heard from them..damn nervous :(
I feel like that bodes poorly for us ;(

UNCLaw55

New

Post by UNCLaw55 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:32 pm

Who knows though. My employer didn't get back to them initially, so if you haven't heard anything I wouldn't look too much into it. But I feel like if there is stuff to clear up it may be a good sign. Only 48 more hours to go and we will all know hopefully!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”