February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Hottexas

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Hottexas » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:56 pm

maztastic247 wrote:
haro wrote:How will we receive results? Mail, email, list posted on Bar website?


They will upload a letter to your ATLAS account (an email will be sent to your email notifying you of this) also a list of passing names will be posted on the BLE website. I hear they also send out letters... I'm not sure if just those that pass get letters, as I did not get one last time I assume that is the case.


Interesting your observation!! Can it be good news if we receive a letter from the Texas Board this week? :wink: I wish someone who already passed on the previous exams could tell us a bit about this letter...

maztastic247

New
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:06 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby maztastic247 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Hottexas wrote:
maztastic247 wrote:
haro wrote:How will we receive results? Mail, email, list posted on Bar website?


They will upload a letter to your ATLAS account (an email will be sent to your email notifying you of this) also a list of passing names will be posted on the BLE website. I hear they also send out letters... I'm not sure if just those that pass get letters, as I did not get one last time I assume that is the case.


Interesting your observation!! Can it be good news if we receive a letter from the Texas Board this week? :wink: I wish someone who already passed on the previous exams could tell us a bit about this letter...


The letter that comes in the mail, will be mailed out the day results are posted on line... it will be the same one that is posted on line to your ATLAS account. It will essentially be congratulations, we are pleased to inform you....... etc etc... and they will also give you information about the ceremony and paying bar fees etc. You won't recieved it prior to results being posted on line.

Also to everyone who may or may not have recieved a letter from the BLE recently don't get in your own head and read too much into it... all us retakers will remember the one or two email situation that happened around this time for July results and it ended up having no correlation between passing and not passing, so just breath everyone more likely than not we have less than a week to go!

User avatar
BVest

Platinum
Posts: 7887
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby BVest » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:30 pm

The order of operations is that:

Justice Willett will tweet that results are imminent and this is not a drill.
The pass list will be posted before any other official communication; this will happen about 5-15 minutes after Willett's tweet.
The copy of your letter will appear in your account fairly shortly after the list posting.
The following week you'll get a copy of the exact same letter in your physical mailbox.
The letter will include instructions for paying your bar dues; once you pay your bar dues you'll receive (separately) your license (which is already printed and just awaiting release) and your bar car (which is not yet printed, and they'll probably wait until they have a batch of them.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Estecontre

Bronze
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Estecontre » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:58 am

BVest wrote:The order of operations is that:

Justice Willett will tweet that results are imminent and this is not a drill.
The pass list will be posted before any other official communication; this will happen about 5-15 minutes after Willett's tweet.
The copy of your letter will appear in your account fairly shortly after the list posting.
The following week you'll get a copy of the exact same letter in your physical mailbox.
The letter will include instructions for paying your bar dues; once you pay your bar dues you'll receive (separately) your license (which is already printed and just awaiting release) and your bar car (which is not yet printed, and they'll probably wait until they have a batch of them.


Do people that pass only receive one email then? Last time was my first time taking the bar, I had a horrible time and pretty much knew I was going to fail, but it was still heartbreaking not seeing my name on the list. Pretty soon after reading the list I received the email saying something was sent to my account and it was the letter saying "we regret to inform you...." then I can't remember how long after but I received another email with my grade breakdown. This time around I don't want to read the list unless I know my name is on it...so I'm debating waiting to see how many emails I get or waiting for a congratulations text...I'll most likely be at work and I don't want it to ruin my day like last time.

User avatar
BVest

Platinum
Posts: 7887
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby BVest » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:45 am

I think the emails are a new thing with Atlas as I don't think we got them on the old eFast system.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

favrefire4

Silver
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby favrefire4 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:45 pm

Getting close

Estecontre

Bronze
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Estecontre » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:16 pm

favrefire4 wrote:Getting close


Yes it is! The only thing that worries me is that we're unsure of the date. Last time they were anticipated to be released on a Friday, but since they're typically released a day early we could expect them on Thursday. This time around they are anticipated to be released on a Monday so does that mean Friday? Possibly Thursday? Hell even Sunday is a possibility.

Luckily, I haven't had any nightmares like last time so it's been a smoother waiting period this time around.

P.S. someone here mentioned about people receiving a letter for the BLE? Last time something like this made a bigger fuss, anyone know what this is about?

User avatar
Leprechaun

Bronze
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Leprechaun » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:48 pm

I keep dreaming that my name pops up on the pass list but it has a different exam number so its not me. I just wish they'd post the list so I could go back to dreaming about sex rather than the results released.

favrefire4

Silver
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby favrefire4 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:00 pm

Does anyone know how far in advance of the results being released the page will go live with the blank list?

favrefire4

Silver
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby favrefire4 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 pm


LadyMary

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby LadyMary » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:08 am

favrefire4 wrote:Justice Willett just tweeted this!

https://twitter.com/JusticeWillett/stat ... 3662373892


I sure do love his tweets, but I feel like this one wasn't all that helpful. We already know the anticipated release date is May 1, so telling us "no later than May 1" doesn't do much...

Estecontre

Bronze
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Estecontre » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:21 am

LadyMary wrote:
favrefire4 wrote:Justice Willett just tweeted this!

https://twitter.com/JusticeWillett/stat ... 3662373892


I sure do love his tweets, but I feel like this one wasn't all that helpful. We already know the anticipated release date is May 1, so telling us "no later than May 1" doesn't do much...


Yeah I had a friend send me a picture of the tweet and I was thinking the same thing. However, it does make me think that everything is pretty much finalized at this point and they're just crossing their t's and dotting their i's. It also makes me think that they may come sometime this week (like on Thursday or Friday).

favrefire4

Silver
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby favrefire4 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:23 am

They definitely will be this week. It's just a matter of whether it's Friday. I'd still put my money on Friday. No evidence of them ever being released multiple days early.

Estecontre

Bronze
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Estecontre » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:32 am

favrefire4 wrote:They definitely will be this week. It's just a matter of whether it's Friday. I'd still put my money on Friday. No evidence of them ever being released multiple days early.


I agree, it will most likely be Friday. I tried looking back, I didn't really try that hard though, to figure out when was the last time that results were given on a Monday and not a Friday. I think for the last couple of years the anticipated date has been a Friday, but they released them a day early.

favrefire4

Silver
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby favrefire4 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:36 am

I have time to go back and look if you can tell me how to determine when the past release dates were?

favrefire4

Silver
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby favrefire4 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:47 am

It actually looks like they were released on a Friday last February (April 29th). Do we know when they were officially supposed to be released?

chuckfin0808

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:48 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby chuckfin0808 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:57 am

I know it's tough and this is probably the last thing you want to hear, but try to relax over the next couple of days.

If you pass, you can look forward to the new lawyer stress you will probably start to feel over the next couple of weeks. If you don't, you may take on the repeater stress over taking this stupid exam again. I've experienced both and if I could talk to myself before I got results, I would cherish this time right now.

AND I would tell myself not ignore that TexasBarCLE letter and go take your FREE CLE courses!! If you are headed down the solo route or small firm, I suggest taking the attorney ad litem course and the federal practice course, along with courses related to your desired practice area.

Good luck to all of you!

Gully1990

New
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Gully1990 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:20 pm

favrefire4 wrote:It actually looks like they were released on a Friday last February (April 29th). Do we know when they were officially supposed to be released?


I believe it was supposed to be the following Monday. So that's why my guess for us is this Friday.

LadyMary

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby LadyMary » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:25 pm

chuckfin0808 wrote:I know it's tough and this is probably the last thing you want to hear, but try to relax over the next couple of days.

If you pass, you can look forward to the new lawyer stress you will probably start to feel over the next couple of weeks. If you don't, you may take on the repeater stress over taking this stupid exam again. I've experienced both and if I could talk to myself before I got results, I would cherish this time right now.

AND I would tell myself not ignore that TexasBarCLE letter and go take your FREE CLE courses!! If you are headed down the solo route or small firm, I suggest taking the attorney ad litem course and the federal practice course, along with courses related to your desired practice area.

Good luck to all of you!


Good advice. Thanks, Chuck.

Estecontre

Bronze
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Estecontre » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:21 pm

chuckfin0808 wrote:I know it's tough and this is probably the last thing you want to hear, but try to relax over the next couple of days.

If you pass, you can look forward to the new lawyer stress you will probably start to feel over the next couple of weeks. If you don't, you may take on the repeater stress over taking this stupid exam again. I've experienced both and if I could talk to myself before I got results, I would cherish this time right now.

AND I would tell myself not ignore that TexasBarCLE letter and go take your FREE CLE courses!! If you are headed down the solo route or small firm, I suggest taking the attorney ad litem course and the federal practice course, along with courses related to your desired practice area.

Good luck to all of you!


Thank you. I find it funny that as a first time taker I was so stressed after the test up until the day results came out, even though I pretty much knew I failed (I didn't answer three whole essays and had some relationship stuff come up before the test and that threw me off, but hey I had hope!). I mean, I'm not kidding when I say I had nightmares about failing the bar and counted the days up until release. This time around I have been pretty stress-free up until this week when I realized that results are coming out, but I'm not losing as much sleep as I did last time. Work has kept me busy up until now, which is good and I have an overall okay feeling about taking the bar this time around. If you fail, it truly sucks in that moment, but that's all it is . . . a moment, it's up to you to get over the feeling. I gave myself a day or two to wallow, but after that I had to pick myself up again and try.

User avatar
BVest

Platinum
Posts: 7887
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby BVest » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:40 pm

Gully1990 wrote:
favrefire4 wrote:It actually looks like they were released on a Friday last February (April 29th). Do we know when they were officially supposed to be released?


I believe it was supposed to be the following Monday. So that's why my guess for us is this Friday.


Yes. Last Feb was supposed to be on Monday (due to construction at the BLE office).
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PhatttFat

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby PhatttFat » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:30 am

favrefire4 wrote:Getting close


I'm fine during the day when I'm busy. But at night, I get so much anxiety. I've been here trying to calculate how I can get 675 with different scores on each section lol.

I'm a repeat taker. I want to pass so bad.

User avatar
cnk1220

Silver
Posts: 984
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:48 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby cnk1220 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:47 am

hey texas peeps- just thought I'd drop in and say 1) i'm a dallas cowboys fan, and 2) rooting for all of you to pass (i'm apart of the crazy looney NY bunch that's been blowing up tls since last week).

<3

TexasRepeater

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:39 am

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby TexasRepeater » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:44 am

Took it in July last year, was sure I'd fail. Failed. Repeated it. Felt fine 'til Monday, now I'm in full panic mode. Anyway, good luck everybody!

Estecontre

Bronze
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Estecontre » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:55 am

PhatttFat wrote:
favrefire4 wrote:Getting close


I'm fine during the day when I'm busy. But at night, I get so much anxiety. I've been here trying to calculate how I can get 675 with different scores on each section lol.

I'm a repeat taker. I want to pass so bad.


Pretty much in the same boat. I'm fine during the day, but just as I'm getting ready to sleep the anxiety hits me. I go from seeing my name on the list to thinking what if I failed? I completely fucked the MPT so I've been trying to calculate what else I need in the other sections to make up for it.



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jdsquared87, jrstephens1991 and 43 guests