February 2017 Texas Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
chuckfin0808

New

Re: February 2017 Texas Bar Exam

Post by chuckfin0808 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:35 pm

jcsmith wrote:Question regarding dues: I noticed that it is cheaper to pay dues in April than to pay them in May. So, if we get results tomorrow, will we be able to pay the dues for the April price if we pay immediately? (I know this is thinking too far ahead lol. Results are my main concern.)
You can pay dues as soon as you find out you passed (if you have no C&F issues and you have passed MPRE). They will give you a bar number immediately. Heck, find a judge (or a notary) the same day, and you can get sworn in and start practicing.

I would suggest waiting on the swearing in. I know it seems exciting now, but by enjoy passing before you jump in head first,
Last edited by chuckfin0808 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DueProcessDoWheelies

Bronze

Post by DueProcessDoWheelies » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:35 pm

_cant_deal wrote:LOLLLL. Couldn't agree more. Ugh. Pass rate stats for out-of-state repeaters not looking great.
It never looks great. Check the statistics for past exams.

I was an out of state repeater last February. I understand your anxiety. Just know that the statistics for people like us have NO EFFECT on how you will do on the exam.

_cant_deal

New

Post by _cant_deal » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:37 pm

DueProcessDoWheelies wrote:
_cant_deal wrote:LOLLLL. Couldn't agree more. Ugh. Pass rate stats for out-of-state repeaters not looking great.
It never looks great. Check the statistics for past exams.

I was an out of state repeater last February. I understand your anxiety. Just know that the statistics for people like us have NO EFFECT on how you will do on the exam.

Thank you. Nice to know there are others like me out there!

TexasRepeater

New

Post by TexasRepeater » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:41 pm

Estecontre wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:
LOL Thanks for the pick me up...
This shouldn't be disheartening! The good thing about Texas being different is that our scores can't really be correlated to most other states. I mean, think about it like this, you can't honestly totally mess up the MPT and pass, in other states this can be a death warrant.
I know, I know, was just messing with you.

In other news, I have done almost zero work today. Too anxious.

_cant_deal

New

Post by _cant_deal » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:48 pm

TexasRepeater wrote:
Estecontre wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:
This shouldn't be disheartening! The good thing about Texas being different is that our scores can't really be correlated to most other states. I mean, think about it like this, you can't honestly totally mess up the MPT and pass, in other states this can be a death warrant.

Ditto. I won't be coming in tomorrow.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:51 pm

Are y'all referring to past administrations stats or from other states or...?

Leprechaun

Bronze

Post by Leprechaun » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:55 pm

chuckfin0808 wrote:
jcsmith wrote:Question regarding dues: I noticed that it is cheaper to pay dues in April than to pay them in May. So, if we get results tomorrow, will we be able to pay the dues for the April price if we pay immediately? (I know this is thinking too far ahead lol. Results are my main concern.)
You can pay dues as soon as you find out you passed (if you have no C&F issues and you have passed MPRE). They will give you a bar number immediately. Heck, find a judge (or a notary) the same day, and you can get sworn in and start practicing.

I would suggest waiting on the swearing in. I know it seems exciting now, but by enjoy passing before you jump in head first,
So you don't have to wait for the printed license to come in?

bbran340

New

Post by bbran340 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:17 pm

Since all we can do now is wait...anybody have whiskey suggestions? Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will be drinking either in celebration or sorrow.

TexasRepeater

New

Post by TexasRepeater » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:29 pm

bbran340 wrote:Since all we can do now is wait...anybody have whiskey suggestions? Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will be drinking either in celebration or sorrow.
I'm partial to Macallan. The Macallan 12 costs around $45-$50 and I love it. Jameson is cheaper and its good choice if you're on a budget.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Estecontre

Bronze

Post by Estecontre » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:49 pm

TexasRepeater wrote:
Estecontre wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:

Whoosh! Right above my head. Hahaha. I know where you're coming from though. I titter-tooter from saying I did okay to I did horrible to I passed to I failed again. Fate it out of my hands, but I'm still anxious to find out that it's really hard to focus on work that needs to get done.

TexasRepeater

New

Post by TexasRepeater » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:59 pm

Estecontre wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:
Estecontre wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:

Whoosh! Right above my head. Hahaha. I know where you're coming from though. I titter-tooter from saying I did okay to I did horrible to I passed to I failed again. Fate it out of my hands, but I'm still anxious to find out that it's really hard to focus on work that needs to get done.
Same here, up until this week I was like "I feel good, I'm almost sure I passed". Since Monday I've been debating when I should start studying for the MBE again.

Gully1990

New

Post by Gully1990 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:03 pm

TexasRepeater wrote:
Estecontre wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:
Estecontre wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:

Same here, up until this week I was like "I feel good, I'm almost sure I passed". Since Monday I've been debating when I should start studying for the MBE again.
That's my exact reaction at the beginning of the week! But I'm just going to remain positive.

Estecontre

Bronze

Post by Estecontre » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:04 pm

TexasRepeater wrote:
Estecontre wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:
Estecontre wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:

I think this is my biggest issue. I know I completely fucked the MPT (luckily it's only 10 percent), I feel I did okay on the short answer (just well enough to pass), the essays I did better on than last time (I left 0 blank and 1 that I completely did not know, but I still tried anyways and a couple I feel pretty good on), but the MBE is too tough to tell. I did a bunch of practice questions, but there were only a handful on test day that I knew the answer right away, the rest is tough to tell. I came out feeling "okay I think I did well enough to pass by the skin of my teeth."

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gully1990

New

Post by Gully1990 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:09 pm

Estecontre wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:
Estecontre wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:
Estecontre wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:

I think this is my biggest issue. I know I completely fucked the MPT (luckily it's only 10 percent), I feel I did okay on the short answer (just well enough to pass), the essays I did better on than last time (I left 0 blank and 1 that I completely did not know, but I still tried anyways and a couple I feel pretty good on), but the MBE is too tough to tell. I did a bunch of practice questions, but there were only a handful on test day that I knew the answer right away, the rest is tough to tell. I came out feeling "okay I think I did well enough to pass by the skin of my teeth."
I only felt truly bad about Crim Pro for the P&E and then of course the MBE is a coin toss! I completed all essays and felt good about them. But the not knowing about how they grade is what messes with my head! But once again I'll remain positive!

bbran340

New

Post by bbran340 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:28 pm

TexasRepeater wrote:
bbran340 wrote:Since all we can do now is wait...anybody have whiskey suggestions? Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will be drinking either in celebration or sorrow.
I'm partial to Macallan. The Macallan 12 costs around $45-$50 and I love it. Jameson is cheaper and its good choice if you're on a budget.
I have yet to try that. I will have to pick me up a bottle and see what I think.

chuckfin0808

New

Post by chuckfin0808 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Leprechaun wrote:
chuckfin0808 wrote:

So you don't have to wait for the printed license to come in?
Nope. I paid my dues the same night I received results. The confirmation page gave me my bar number and reminded me to get sworn in. I went to a local swearing in ceremony the following week.

I received my license a few weeks later along with my gold bar card.

TexasRepeater

New

Post by TexasRepeater » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Estecontre wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:
Estecontre wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:
Estecontre wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:

I really don't know how to feel about the Crim Pro. I think I did ok in the MPT, and I left the essays portions feeling like I didn't bombed. The MBE has me feeling that it'll make me a Texas attorney or a Threepeater.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Hottexas

New

Post by Hottexas » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:54 pm

Ok !!!Everyone is saying that the result will be released tomorrow!!! Does it mean it will be tomorrow at 12:00 A.M ? I can believe they release results at midnight!!

TexasRepeater

New

Post by TexasRepeater » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Hottexas wrote:Ok !!!Everyone is saying that the result will be released tomorrow!!! Does it mean it will be tomorrow at 12:00 A.M ? I can believe they release results at midnight!!
Doubtful. It's almost alway around noon.

TexasRepeater

New

Post by TexasRepeater » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:01 pm

Hottexas wrote:Ok !!!Everyone is saying that the result will be released tomorrow!!! Does it mean it will be tomorrow at 12:00 A.M ? I can believe they release results at midnight!!
BTW, who's everyone if you don't mind me asking?

Gully1990

New

Post by Gully1990 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:24 pm

It could range between 12pm-2:30pm from the last few exams that seems to be the range!
Last edited by Gully1990 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Leprechaun

Bronze

Post by Leprechaun » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:01 pm

Nope. I paid my dues the same night I received results. The confirmation page gave me my bar number and reminded me to get sworn in. I went to a local swearing in ceremony the following week.

I received my license a few weeks later along with my gold bar card.

Thank you for the info.

Hottexas

New

Post by Hottexas » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:13 pm

TexasRepeater wrote:
No. I don't mind at all. I meant to say most of people ( previous posts) but I don't want to go though the root of the intricacies of your question. Sorry. Most of us are here are wondering about the release of the results including myself. If i made a mistake to include you, I am sorry. :wink:

dtjustice

New

Post by dtjustice » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:24 pm

I'm extremely ancient but I remember one of our professors in school stating he called with congratulations when results post and it's the only time he doesn't get yelled at for calling at midnight....LOL.

TexasRepeater

New

Post by TexasRepeater » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:49 pm

Hottexas wrote:
TexasRepeater wrote:
No. I don't mind at all. I meant to say most of people ( previous posts) but I don't want to go though the root of the intricacies of your question. Sorry. Most of us are here are wondering about the release of the results including myself. If i made a mistake to include you, I am sorry. :wink:
Ahhh got it. Sorry about that.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”