NJ results

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
PhillyLawGirl2015

New

Re: NJ results

Postby PhillyLawGirl2015 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:53 am

I called the office today. Apparently the general swearing in for everyone is November 29th.

Fivedham

Bronze

Postby Fivedham » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:41 am

FallonJ wrote:Has anyone been sworn in as yet?

I've been sworn in, and I sent my oath form in and all last Thursday, but I haven't gotten my attorney ID number or anything yet.

superbloom

Bronze

Postby superbloom » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:53 am

Fivedham wrote:

I've been sworn in, and I sent my oath form in and all last Thursday, but I haven't gotten my attorney ID number or anything yet.

Your attorney ID is your nj bar exams account number, plus the current year so xxxxx2016.

Fivedham

Bronze

Postby Fivedham » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:08 pm

superbloom wrote:
Fivedham wrote:

Your attorney ID is your nj bar exams account number, plus the current year so xxxxx2016.

Yeah I figured, but it hasn't published on the Attorney Index on NJcourts.gov yet, so I dunno.

Also still haven't gotten anything in the mail, and I still don't know my essay scores.

zoomzoom88

Silver

Postby zoomzoom88 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:03 pm

Fivedham wrote:
superbloom wrote:
Fivedham wrote:

Yeah I figured, but it hasn't published on the Attorney Index on NJcourts.gov yet, so I dunno.

Also still haven't gotten anything in the mail, and I still don't know my essay scores.

I called today and they confirmed that attorney database will be updated tonight.

Nj2Ma

New

Postby Nj2Ma » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:06 am

zoomzoom88 wrote:
Fivedham wrote:
superbloom wrote:
Fivedham wrote:

I called today and they confirmed that attorney database will be updated tonight.

They don't release essay scores if you passed.

QuasiINrem

New

Postby QuasiINrem » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:40 pm

Hi All,

I hope you can help me. I passed the UBE in NY and found out only on Friday. I already completed my application in NJ and paid the $575 application fee back in April, then they switched to UBE. so I requestwd that They apply my fee to UBE transfer. The attorney assigned to my application told me that I need to fill a new application. My question is how long after you found out that you passed was the oath taking? And where did you have to do your oath? Also, is there a deadline for the UBE transfer where The fee goes up every time to miss a deadline? I already completed the application in April but they needed me to upload all required documents with current dates

3lephant

New

Postby 3lephant » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:54 pm

QuasiINrem wrote:Hi All,

I hope you can help me. I passed the UBE in NY and found out only on Friday. I already completed my application in NJ and paid the $575 application fee back in April, then they switched to UBE. so I requestwd that They apply my fee to UBE transfer. The attorney assigned to my application told me that I need to fill a new application. My question is how long after you found out that you passed was the oath taking? And where did you have to do your oath? Also, is there a deadline for the UBE transfer where The fee goes up every time to miss a deadline? I already completed the application in April but they needed me to upload all required documents with current dates

Great, man. If you read a little further up the thread, you will see that the general swearing in date is 11/29 (at the Trenton War Memorial). I believe we got our scores on 10/18. Unlike NY, we can be sworn in any time before 11/29 by a notary or licensed attorney. I don't know about the fee, suggest you call NJ bar.

I thought for a split second I would only have to take NY bar, but ended up taking both. You missed a fun time :)

QuasiINrem

New

Postby QuasiINrem » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:10 am

3lephant wrote:

Great, man. If you read a little further up the thread, you will see that the general swearing in date is 11/29 (at the Trenton War Memorial). I believe we got our scores on 10/18. Unlike NY, we can be sworn in any time before 11/29 by a notary or licensed attorney. I don't know about the fee, suggest you call NJ bar.

I thought for a split second I would only have to take NY bar, but ended up taking both. You missed a fun time :)

Thanks and congrats on passing both! I cannot imagine taking both bars after July 26 my mind was mush.

zoomzoom88

Silver

Postby zoomzoom88 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:31 am

QuasiINrem wrote:
3lephant wrote:

Thanks and congrats on passing both! I cannot imagine taking both bars after July 26 my mind was mush.

I was sworn in the day I was certified and my name appeared today in the attorney index.

Mhens

New

Postby Mhens » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:48 pm

Anybody else still waiting for their pass and ready letter that had nothing listed under additional documentation needed? I waited two weeks like it said in the results letter and then emailed the attorney listed in the letter on Tuesday for an update, but have not heard back.

PhillyLawGirl2015

New

Postby PhillyLawGirl2015 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:16 pm

Mhens wrote:Anybody else still waiting for their pass and ready letter that had nothing listed under additional documentation needed? I waited two weeks like it said in the results letter and then emailed the attorney listed in the letter on Tuesday for an update, but have not heard back.

Same here. Getting annoyed

Mhens

New

Postby Mhens » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:29 pm

PhillyLawGirl2015 wrote:
Mhens wrote:Anybody else still waiting for their pass and ready letter that had nothing listed under additional documentation needed? I waited two weeks like it said in the results letter and then emailed the attorney listed in the letter on Tuesday for an update, but have not heard back.

Same here. Getting annoyed

Like an hour or two after I posted this on Friday, I received an email saying everything was good to go and instructions for filing my oath.

Easy-E

Platinum

Postby Easy-E » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:52 pm

I sent in my app but I've had to amend it to add documents. Anyone know if amending it pushes you to the bottom of the pile or something? My app shows up as complete but I haven't heard a thing.

Anyone in here gave a C&F hearing? How quickly did they tell you?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�