Washington DC Bar Admission Application

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
ChocolateTruffle

Bronze

Washington DC Bar Admission Application

Postby ChocolateTruffle » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:00 am

Hello,

Just in case I passed the NY UBE and meet the minimum score for DC, I want to apply to be admitted to the DC bar, and I wanted to start working on the application now. But I cannot find the Formal Application! All I see is this for the Instructions: http://www.dccourts.gov/internet/docume ... le-UBE.pdf

Within these instructions there is one page that says "Formal Application of..." but surely this cannot be it? Can someone please point me in the right direction for the Formal Application? Help would be appreciated! Thanks!

run26.2

Silver

Re: Washington DC Bar Admission Application

Postby run26.2 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:52 am

You have to do all the stuff they discuss in that PDF. There are forms at the end of the document you need to fill out and return to them. You also have to fill out the C&F application from NCBEX. .

ChocolateTruffle

Bronze

Postby ChocolateTruffle » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:29 am

run26.2 wrote:You have to do all the stuff they discuss in that PDF. There are forms at the end of the document you need to fill out and return to them. You also have to fill out the C&F application from NCBEX. .

Thanks! I found the application on NCBEX. The DC bar application is an even bigger pain than the NY bar application!

run26.2

Silver

Postby run26.2 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:22 pm

It is not a trivial undertaking. Once everything is submitted, it will still take many months to be approved. Best to do it when you are not working and can devote time to it.

ChocolateTruffle

Bronze

Postby ChocolateTruffle » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:35 pm

run26.2 wrote:It is not a trivial undertaking. Once everything is submitted, it will still take many months to be approved. Best to do it when you are not working and can devote time to it.

No problem there. I am unemployed and can't seem to get a job interview for the life of me, as I've been out of law school for three years. Lucky me.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�