NYS C&E question regarding an arrest

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
wonderwall87

New

NYS C&E question regarding an arrest

Postby wonderwall87 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:01 pm

Wondering if anyone could please help me with disclosing an arrest/misdemeanor. I was arrested 11 years ago when I was 18 for a misdemeanor in a small county in Upstate NY. Unfortunately I do not remember the details of the disposition or have any record. I know that I paid a fine and the record was either sealed or expunged but I cannot remember. I therefore am having difficulty on what to exactly write on my admission application and trouble tracking down records. I went to the NYS Unified Court System site and paid for the Criminal History Record Search but from what it says there is a misdemeanor redemption for those over 10 years ago, so I do not think it will show up. Does anyone know any way I can track down these records?

sublime

Diamond

Re: NYS C&E question regarding an arrest

Postby sublime » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:06 pm

Did you try the clerk of whatever county it happened in?

rkreymer

Bronze

Postby rkreymer » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:47 pm

^^^Go to the clerk's office where you were arrested.

Single-Malt-Liquor

Silver

Postby Single-Malt-Liquor » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:18 pm

I had the same thing from something years ago in CT. Get a document from the clerk saying the records are not available and then write to the best of your recollection stating such in the application.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�