Second Department Swearing In Dates?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
rntojd

New

Second Department Swearing In Dates?

Postby rntojd » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:09 pm

Finally got my interview scheduled (YAY!!). Does anyone know what the upcoming swearing in dates are for the Second Department?

filibuster

Bronze

Re: Second Department Swearing In Dates?

Postby filibuster » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:06 pm

When did you take the bar/apply?

rntojd

New

Postby rntojd » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:10 pm

I submitted my application in July, but late August they asked for more documentation, which I submitted mid September. I confirmed receipt on 9/20. Got the email today that my interview is 10/13.

rntojd

New

Postby rntojd » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:55 pm

Interview done. Application is approved. I had some issues on my application, and was very worried, but the interviewer couldn't have been nicer. He just asked me some general questions. He was interested in my non-traditional route to the legal profession. He told me I "passed" and should be sworn in soon. There is definitely a swearing in ceremony on Nov. 9th, but he seemed to think that there was another one sooner, like around the 26th.

The ceremonies in the 2nd Department are usually on Wednesdays, and they generally take place every couple of weeks.

whitecollar23

Bronze

Postby whitecollar23 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:56 am

rntojd wrote:Finally got my interview scheduled (YAY!!). Does anyone know what the upcoming swearing in dates are for the Second Department?

When did you take the bar exam?

rntojd

New

Postby rntojd » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:22 am

whitecollar23 wrote:
rntojd wrote:Finally got my interview scheduled (YAY!!). Does anyone know what the upcoming swearing in dates are for the Second Department?

When did you take the bar exam?

Took it in February. I was a bit slow getting my application in, due to affidavits trickling in at a snail's pace. I think the application was completed and sent in at the end of July. Then they "lost" some documents (actually, they were in the file, and the clerk "found" them when she looked again). Then I was asked to supplement my application, which I did. When I called to follow up, I was told that the supplemental materials had not been received. When I reminded the clerk (same one) that I had sent everything certified and had a signed receipt, she "found" the documents on her desk. Interview was Oct. 13, and was actually a very pleasant experience. The interviewer was very nice, and told my my application was approved and he would try to get me into the next available swearing in. I got my letter and will be sworn in on Nov 9. Glad this will be over soon.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�