Can I take the NYLE at my office?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
onionz

Bronze

Can I take the NYLE at my office?

Postby onionz » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:05 am

Can anyone who has taken the NYLE shed light on if I can the NYLE in my office at work? It's like at noon in the middle of the week and I don't want to take a day or 1/2 day for it. I figured I could bring in my personal laptop and use it for the NYLE on our guest network. Think that'd be ok?

rkreymer

Bronze

Re: Can I take the NYLE at my office?

Postby rkreymer » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:07 am

You definitely can but only if you can get two uninterrupted hours from work.

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Postby ArtistOfManliness » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:34 am

Yes. Even if you're interrupted regularly, while on a client call, in the middle of responding to e-mails. It's a mind-numbing task consisting entirely of searching a PDF.

WheatThins

Bronze

Postby WheatThins » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:40 am

Does the softest log you out of the rest of your computer like on the bar exam? Or are you able to control f it?

rkreymer

Bronze

Postby rkreymer » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:46 am

WheatThins wrote:Does the softest log you out of the rest of your computer like on the bar exam? Or are you able to control f it?

I used a second computer and it worked out great.

ndp1234

Bronze

Postby ndp1234 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:59 am

Your computer is still wide open but there's a disclaimer stating that your activity may be monitored. But you can use any computer as long as there is an internet connection.

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Postby ArtistOfManliness » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:05 pm

WheatThins wrote:Does the softest log you out of the rest of your computer like on the bar exam? Or are you able to control f it?

Softest does not log you out. We called, and you are allowed to crtl+f.

Winter is Coming

Bronze

Postby Winter is Coming » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:45 pm

onionz wrote:Can anyone who has taken the NYLE shed light on if I can the NYLE in my office at work? It's like at noon in the middle of the week and I don't want to take a day or 1/2 day for it. I figured I could bring in my personal laptop and use it for the NYLE on our guest network. Think that'd be ok?

Instead of taking the day off, could you just tell your office what you're doing for two hours and that way you wouldn't have to worry about the guest network or people interrupting you.

onionz

Bronze

Postby onionz » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:54 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:
onionz wrote:Can anyone who has taken the NYLE shed light on if I can the NYLE in my office at work? It's like at noon in the middle of the week and I don't want to take a day or 1/2 day for it. I figured I could bring in my personal laptop and use it for the NYLE on our guest network. Think that'd be ok?

Instead of taking the day off, could you just tell your office what you're doing for two hours and that way you wouldn't have to worry about the guest network or people interrupting you.

I kind of figured I'd need to use my personal laptop because of the examsoft software which I doubt I can get installed on my work machine.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�