Louisiana July 2016 Waiting Thread

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
throwaway504

New

Louisiana July 2016 Waiting Thread

Postby throwaway504 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:49 pm

Anyone else took the July 2016 Louisiana Bar exam? I know there aren't many of us but figured someone out there would be checking in. I was feeling ok so far but the closer we get to knowing the more anxious I get! :(

For those who have taken the bar in Louisiana, please chime in because I could use some encouragement right now...

Cartman

Bronze

Re: Louisiana July 2016 Waiting Thread

Postby Cartman » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:50 am

I'll chime in. Also took the July 2016 LA Bar exam and waiting for results. Up until now I've not been at all concerned, but that in and of itself is slightly concerning. After all, isn't the collective wisdom that the ones most confident in passing are the ones that must've missed something crucial? :oops:

Did not go to law school in LA either, which meant spending a little extra time learning LA's special civilian nomenclature. Did Barbri's online course, and didn't do particularly well on the practice essays, but frankly I think they were being overly critical so as not to lull us into a false sense of security. After all, the model answers were written by law professors with the law in front of them and without time constraints.

Finished all sections of the test fully and feel fairly confident nonetheless. Will see Friday I guess!!

Also PM me if you're in the Lafayette area and want to celebrate (or commiserate) Friday night!

throwaway504

New

Postby throwaway504 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:17 am

Thanks for the reply! Glad there is someone else in the same boat.

I did Barbri and I agree about the model answers, I wish we could see actual answers from test takers that were considered passing or failing. I did attend law school in Louisiana but one of the worst part of the exam for me was how cold it was in there. At one point my fingers were seriously numb and it was difficult to type. But I too finished all sections. I think I may be over thinking everything at the last minute. It's supposed to be normal to second guess yourself :oops: . At least we will know in less than 24 hours :shock:

I am in New Orleans but if I make it out there I will let you know. Good luck!

Cartman

Bronze

Postby Cartman » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:30 am

Passed!!!! :D What a relief. Hope you did, too!!!!!! Now just the admit ceremony on the 20th!!

throwaway504

New

Postby throwaway504 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:30 am

Failed and retaking now...Doubt anyone wants to know but figured I would post for the update.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�