Michigan Bar Wait Group Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jd425

New

Re: Michigan Bar Wait Group

Post by jd425 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:50 am

Results were released on a Thursday the last four years in a row...so maybe today will be the day!

lionsfan1557

New

Post by lionsfan1557 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:27 pm

jd425 wrote:Results were released on a Thursday the last four years in a row...so maybe today will be the day!
My gut feeling is leaning towards nothing coming out again today :(

legallady16

New

Post by legallady16 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:09 pm

lionsfan1557 wrote:
jd425 wrote:Results were released on a Thursday the last four years in a row...so maybe today will be the day!
My gut feeling is leaning towards nothing coming out again today :(
I feel like nothing will come out until at least Tuesday at this point... :?

newbie2016

New

Post by newbie2016 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Ahh well. It looks like there were more then 750 applicants :(. The formulas are dependent on that because according to the BLE procedure manual, there is 1 grader per essay question so it matters how many test takers there are. It looks like we have to wait til next week now. :( I'm so sick of the emotional roller coaster. I tell you, all this hurry up and wait stuff has really taken a toll on me and I'm to the point now, where I'm not even sure how I'm going to feel when the scores are actually out. There has to be a better way to administer the whole process because the way it is now certainly doesn't build humility. Instead it builds (at least in me) frustration. Sorry I haven't done New York yet. I have been busy with the quarter end (Finance stuff).

It looks like the days the scores are most often released are Wed and Thurs but at this point it doesn't matter, I'm going to check every stupid day anyway. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

legallady16

New

Post by legallady16 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:51 pm

newbie2016 wrote:Ahh well. It looks like there were more then 750 applicants :(. The formulas are dependent on that because according to the BLE procedure manual, there is 1 grader per essay question so it matters how many test takers there are. It looks like we have to wait til next week now. :( I'm so sick of the emotional roller coaster. I tell you, all this hurry up and wait stuff has really taken a toll on me and I'm to the point now, where I'm not even sure how I'm going to feel when the scores are actually out. There has to be a better way to administer the whole process because the way it is now certainly doesn't build humility. Instead it builds (at least in me) frustration. Sorry I haven't done New York yet. I have been busy with the quarter end (Finance stuff).

It looks like the days the scores are most often released are Wed and Thurs but at this point it doesn't matter, I'm going to check every stupid day anyway. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You can sign up for a notification (e-mail, text) when results are out here: http://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/wi ... -released/. At least you won't have to keep checking.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lionsfan1557

New

Post by lionsfan1557 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:22 pm

legallady16 wrote:
newbie2016 wrote:Ahh well. It looks like there were more then 750 applicants :(. The formulas are dependent on that because according to the BLE procedure manual, there is 1 grader per essay question so it matters how many test takers there are. It looks like we have to wait til next week now. :( I'm so sick of the emotional roller coaster. I tell you, all this hurry up and wait stuff has really taken a toll on me and I'm to the point now, where I'm not even sure how I'm going to feel when the scores are actually out. There has to be a better way to administer the whole process because the way it is now certainly doesn't build humility. Instead it builds (at least in me) frustration. Sorry I haven't done New York yet. I have been busy with the quarter end (Finance stuff).

You can sign up for a notification (e-mail, text) when results are out here: http://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/wi ... -released/. At least you won't have to keep checking.
Hang in there newbie2016 I promise we'll make it through this. Legallady, lol I signed up for the notification thing too. It's probably bad that I still refresh the page all day. I guess you can call me a paranoid person :lol:

newbie2016

New

Post by newbie2016 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:05 pm

Hang in there newbie2016 I promise we'll make it through this. Legallady, lol I signed up for the notification thing too. It's probably bad that I still refresh the page all day. I guess you can call me a paranoid person :lol:[/quote]

LOL. We are the same person Lionsfan!! I have done the exact same things! Too funny. I only refresh mine once an hour though. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jd425

New

Post by jd425 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:28 pm

Results are posted!!!!

lionsfan1557

New

Post by lionsfan1557 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:30 pm

newbie2016 wrote:Hang in there newbie2016 I promise we'll make it through this. Legallady, lol I signed up for the notification thing too. It's probably bad that I still refresh the page all day. I guess you can call me a paranoid person :lol:

LOL. We are the same person Lionsfan!! I have done the exact same things! Too funny. I only refresh mine once an hour though. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

LOL I guess great minds think alike. This wait has been absolutely horrible. I think it's safe to say nothing is coming out today. Maybe next week? How many applicants were there this July? Also I think what we forgot to take into account is the difficulty of the essays. Ashley on JD Advising said those essays were more difficult than she's seen in awhile. So maybe the graders are moving at a slower pace trying to decipher what the hell everyone wrote for some of the essays. I don't know I am probably reaching right now. I am starting to think it will be the end of October or first week of November. :cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

newbie2016

New

Post by newbie2016 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:35 pm

Scores are out. I don't see my seat number :(

jd425

New

Post by jd425 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:44 pm

Passed!

lionsfan1557

New

Post by lionsfan1557 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:45 pm

newbie2016 wrote:Scores are out. I don't see my seat number :(
Didn't see mine either. This is probably the worst feeling of my life. Congratulations to those that passed.

legallady16

New

Post by legallady16 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:48 pm

They are up and I passed! WOOOOOOOO congrats to all who did/had to wait/worked so hard for this moment!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

blueapple

Silver

Post by blueapple » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:00 pm

I passed. So sorry to those who didn't :(
Last edited by blueapple on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newbie2016

New

Post by newbie2016 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:01 pm

Congrats everybody! :)

Well, I was told I couldn't work full-time and expect to pass but I thought I could do it since I've never failed a test before. I guess not :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

SuperSpartan88

New

Post by SuperSpartan88 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:52 pm

PASSED. Wish I took the MPRE when I was in law school.

ultravires4life

New

Post by ultravires4life » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:21 pm

If you all don't mind, could you please update the MBE spreadsheet? Thanks https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

blueapple

Silver

Post by blueapple » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:40 pm

ultravires4life wrote:If you all don't mind, could you please update the MBE spreadsheet? Thanks https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Spreadsheet is read-only and we don't have our scores yet -- we'll know in a few days when the mailed results arrive

UMich11

Bronze

Post by UMich11 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:47 pm

Passed as well.

ultravires4life

New

Post by ultravires4life » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:01 pm

blueapple wrote:
ultravires4life wrote:If you all don't mind, could you please update the MBE spreadsheet? Thanks https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Spreadsheet is read-only and we don't have our scores yet -- we'll know in a few days when the mailed results arrive
Thank you

UMich11

Bronze

Post by UMich11 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:31 pm

i'm guessing the pass rate this round will be lower than it has been in a while. From a rough look about 411 passed. I've heard there were ~750 test-takers, which means a 54.8% pass rate.

FYI, if you aren't listed as passed and you haven't sent in your graduation certification you won't be on the list. so make sure that was received.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

UMich11

Bronze

Post by UMich11 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:59 pm

blueapple wrote:
were results mailed friday? Do you know if they're sent first class mail?

blueapple

Silver

Post by blueapple » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:04 pm

UMich11 wrote:
blueapple wrote:
I think they're normally mailed the same day results are posted, so they should have been mailed Friday. I don't know if it's first class or not.

blueapple

Silver

Post by blueapple » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:59 pm

blueapple wrote:
UMich11 wrote:
blueapple wrote:
I think they're normally mailed the same day results are posted, so they should have been mailed Friday. I don't know if it's first class or not.
To follow up, my results arrived in the mail today

UMich11

Bronze

Post by UMich11 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:01 pm

blueapple wrote:
blueapple wrote:
UMich11 wrote:
blueapple wrote:
To follow up, my results arrived in the mail today
do you live on the east or west side of the state?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”