Failed the UBE, Thinking of Finally Quitting the Scam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
joeyc328

Bronze

Re: Failed the UBE, Thinking of Finally Quitting the Scam

Post by joeyc328 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:49 pm

rkreymer wrote:
lawst_ wrote:I sincerely hope I'm not jinxing myself by inquiring (still have a few weeks before IL scores come out...and I'm a 3rd time taker) but I was wondering if anyone knows whether you can transfer an MBE score from a non-UBE jurisdiction to a UBE jurisdiction?

I'm interested in this mainly because I'm considering moving out of IL, but also in the event that I fail, a small bit of hope that I could transfer my MBE score would be awesome.

I believe you can transfer your MBE score to Washington DC from the non-UBE jurisdiction it has to be 134 and higher I believe and other states as well you just have to research what the transfer score must be.
I think you still need to pass that states bar. (Plus a 134 on the MBE)

rkreymer

Bronze

Post by rkreymer » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:18 pm

joeyc328 wrote:
rkreymer wrote:
lawst_ wrote:I sincerely hope I'm not jinxing myself by inquiring (still have a few weeks before IL scores come out...and I'm a 3rd time taker) but I was wondering if anyone knows whether you can transfer an MBE score from a non-UBE jurisdiction to a UBE jurisdiction?

I'm interested in this mainly because I'm considering moving out of IL, but also in the event that I fail, a small bit of hope that I could transfer my MBE score would be awesome.

I believe you can transfer your MBE score to Washington DC from the non-UBE jurisdiction it has to be 134 and higher I believe and other states as well you just have to research what the transfer score must be.
Only of day of MPT/essay

NY_Sea

Bronze

Post by NY_Sea » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:40 am

rkreymer wrote:
joeyc328 wrote:
rkreymer wrote:

Only of day of MPT/essay
Pretty sure you don't need to sit for D.C.'s essay day if you got a 133 or above on your MBE and a 75 or higher on your MPRE... This is obviously if you were successful on your state's bar.

D.C. will still allow you to transfer your MBE score from a failed exam in another state, but obviously you'd then have to sit for D.C.'s essay day.

pdwannabe

New

Post by pdwannabe » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:25 pm

i have no idea how any of the transferring stuff works so if anyone can help me thatd be great. took FL

FL: 118
MBE: 134

(failed both)

is that good enough to transfer anywhere? or how/where do i look this stuff up

also got an 86 on MPRE (passing everywhere i think) if that matters

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:31 pm

pdwannabe wrote:i have no idea how any of the transferring stuff works so if anyone can help me thatd be great. took FL

(failed both)

Score transfers to another jurisdiction when you did not pass is only available for UBE states. I do not believe Florida is a UBE state.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pdwannabe

New

Post by pdwannabe » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:04 pm

there's no MBE to UBE transfers?

mvp99

Silver

Post by mvp99 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:41 pm

pdwannabe wrote:i have no idea how any of the transferring stuff works so if anyone can help me thatd be great. took FL

(failed both)

So your total score is 252. You have to look up which states are UBE states and each state UBE score requirement. I think the minimum score used by a few UBE states is 260. This means that you won't be able to transfer your 252 score anywhere. Here's the list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_B ... MBE_scores

Don't give up. You were only about 8-20 points from passing at many states and that was definitely because you were behind on your prep. If you put in the time (maybe use Adaptibar next time) you should be able to pass with ease.

pdwannabe

New

Post by pdwannabe » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:58 am

thanks for the the info

lspa2015

New

Post by lspa2015 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:47 pm

Another thing to keep in mind is you may be able to work as an in-house attorney without having to qualify in the state where your practicing as long as you're admitted in another state. I pretty sure NY allows that and I would expect other states may as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kellyfrost

Platinum

Removed

Post by kellyfrost » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:42 pm

Removed post...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”