2016 MBE Scores

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
robinhoodOO

Silver

2016 MBE Scores

Postby robinhoodOO » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:24 pm

Hey bar examiners. I took, and passed, the Summer 2015 CA bar exam. During the waiting period, one of the things I did was create a spreadsheet for TLSers to input their MBE scores, and other information, so that those still waiting had something to gauge how they might have performed.

I recently had a couple of people message me through Gmail about doing the same thing for the 2016 MBE scores. Personally, I found that being able to see how others did was very helpful for peace of mind while I waited...Others seemed to think highly of the spreadsheet thing, too. So, if someone wants to take over doing the same thing for 2016, please PM me and I can arrange giving you control of the spreadsheet, in which case everyone here can contribute.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Re: 2016 MBE Scores

Postby robinhoodOO » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:25 pm

FYI, here's a link to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =drive_web

Robb

Bronze

Postby Robb » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:06 pm

Love it, especially since I'm waiting. Thanks for putting this together! Here's a link that goes directly to the 2016 tab. I'd be happy to put scores/info in.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Postby robinhoodOO » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:26 pm

Robb wrote:Love it, especially since I'm waiting. Thanks for putting this together! Here's a link that goes directly to the 2016 tab. I'd be happy to put scores/info in.

I just sent Robb an invitation to edit the excel sheet. Feel free to start a new section for people to share information...

A couple of things I'd point out that we realized and found helpful:

(1) Some of us definitely noticed a particular pattern on some of the answers. For example, many of us had weird number of "D" answers. At first, I think I screwed up, but seeing that lots of others reported the same thing was comforting.

(2) It's also great because it established a barometer for where you hit on your practice tests and how others ultimately did, which I honestly found to have some correlation (and, again, comfort).

I'd highly encourage everyone to share to build a comprehensive list of results...Your responses are very helpful to those still waiting...

Best of luck to you guys/girls still waiting! IT CAN BE DONE--even the CA Bar.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Postby kellyfrost » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:53 pm

Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

passx3

New

Postby passx3 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:14 pm

76% pass rate for first time takers, 83% pass rate from the University of Iowa... looked up U of Iowa's typical pass rate and it's around 85%. Probably a typical year when we're looking at first-time takers, maybe down a percentage point or two.

Nebby

Diamond

Postby Nebby » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:28 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
Robb wrote:Love it, especially since I'm waiting. Thanks for putting this together! Here's a link that goes directly to the 2016 tab. I'd be happy to put scores/info in.

I just sent Robb an invitation to edit the excel sheet. Feel free to start a new section for people to share information...

(1) Some of us definitely noticed a particular pattern on some of the answers. For example, many of us had weird number of "D" answers. At first, I think I screwed up, but seeing that lots of others reported the same thing was comforting.

(2) It's also great because it established a barometer for where you hit on your practice tests and how others ultimately did, which I honestly found to have some correlation (and, again, comfort).

I'd highly encourage everyone to share to build a comprehensive list of results...Your responses are very helpful to those still waiting...

Can you just make it the exact same format as 2015? I don't understand the new column that simply says "or WV tests"

Robb

Bronze

Postby Robb » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:35 pm

Nebby wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:

Can you just make it the exact same format as 2015? I don't understand the new column that simply says "or WV tests"

What column? Could you take a screenshot?

Nebby

Diamond

Postby Nebby » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:38 pm

Robb wrote:
Nebby wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:

Sorry. Auto correct failure

The column is "practice tests"

I don't understand what it's asking. Why multiple? Do you mean the Themis/Kaplan/Barbri simulated exam? If so, I'd use the word "Simulated MBE"

Robb

Bronze

Postby Robb » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:31 pm

Nebby wrote:
Robb wrote:
Nebby wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:

Sorry. Auto correct failure

The column is "practice tests"

I don't understand what it's asking. Why multiple? Do you mean the Themis/Kaplan/Barbri simulated exam? If so, I'd use the word "Simulated MBE"

Yep, I'll go ahead and change it out.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�