PASSED!

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Jjeellee

New

PASSED!

Postby Jjeellee » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:35 pm

Took Wyoming (UBE). They called me yesterday and told me I passed!!!! I was 100% THAT guy who swore up and down I had failed, hated my bar prep company (Themis) because I didn't think they prepared me well enough, and I scared a freaking 103 on my practice MBE with pretty shitty graded essay scores. Oh, I also basically didnt answer the secured transactions question because I didn't take the class or study the lecture at all as I assumed it wouldnt be tested this time. I have no idea what my actual score is yet. I'm ecstatic. But definitely bummed for my friends who didn't pass. A lot of them didn't. I'm so happy my jurisdiction grades so quickly!!!

rcharter1978

Gold

Re: PASSED!

Postby rcharter1978 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:00 pm

Jjeellee wrote:Took Wyoming (UBE). They called me yesterday and told me I passed!!!! I was 100% THAT guy who swore up and down I had failed, hated my bar prep company (Themis) because I didn't think they prepared me well enough, and I scared a freaking 103 on my practice MBE with pretty shitty graded essay scores. Oh, I also basically didnt answer the secured transactions question because I didn't take the class or study the lecture at all as I assumed it wouldnt be tested this time. I have no idea what my actual score is yet. I'm ecstatic. But definitely bummed for my friends who didn't pass. A lot of them didn't. I'm so happy my jurisdiction grades so quickly!!!

Congratulations -- thats awesome.

jess

Diamond

Postby jess » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:24 pm

Last edited by jess on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jjeellee

New

Postby Jjeellee » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:02 am

We only had 42 people accepted total and like 10 of those were transfer scores. It's a very small bar but I was also shocked to get a phone call.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Postby kellyfrost » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:06 am

That's awesome Congrats! Hopefully you've got a job lined up in Jackson Hole.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ndp1234

Bronze

Postby ndp1234 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:31 am

Congrats!!!

OMG- you have no idea how much this post has helped me calm down. I took The UBE as well (in NY) and I left the entire Secured Transactions question blank. I felt (and feel) really shitty about the MEE. I felt relatively better about the MBE. How did you feel about the MBE?

Trying to read tea leaves at this point since we're not getting results until late October the earliest...

Jjeellee

New

Postby Jjeellee » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:57 am

kellyfrost wrote:That's awesome Congrats! Hopefully you've got a job lined up in Jackson Hole.

I wish!!! Actually, I have a job an amazing firm in Cheyenne :)

SLS_AMG

Bronze

Postby SLS_AMG » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:59 am

:?
Last edited by SLS_AMG on Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jjeellee

New

Postby Jjeellee » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:13 am

ndp1234 wrote:Congrats!!!

OMG- you have no idea how much this post has helped me calm down. I took The UBE as well (in NY) and I left the entire Secured Transactions question blank. I felt (and feel) really shitty about the MEE. I felt relatively better about the MBE. How did you feel about the MBE?

Trying to read tea leaves at this point since we're not getting results until late October the earliest...

That's why I made this post!!! Have confidence! My secured trans answer was literally 4 sentences of gibberish. My K and torts essays were very strong, Civ pro strong-ish except I talked about min contacts under the wrong question, the corp/agency one was pretty blah, evid I used the term recorded recollection instead of recollection refreshed and didn't mention crim pro. My first MPT was the best thing I've ever written in my life, second MPT was garbage, just throwing shit down to finish on time.

MBE I honestly felt like I guessed on 50% of it. I marked all the ones I felt uneasy about and if I missed all of those questions I would have had a raw score of like 120. I felt pretty bad about my MBE. I don't think my jurisdiction even lets you see your MBE score if you passed, so unfortunately I don't think I'll ever know if my essays saved me or if I did better than I thought on the MBE.

I will say, every person who bragged to me and told me it wasn't that hard and they knew all the issues talked about on the MEE when I was bitching about Themis not emphasizing certain things in their lectures, did not pass. The cliche seems true....think you failed=pass, think you pass=fail.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Postby kellyfrost » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:34 am

Jjeellee wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:That's awesome Congrats! Hopefully you've got a job lined up in Jackson Hole.

I wish!!! Actually, I have a job an amazing firm in Cheyenne :)

Awesome! I have driven through Cheyenne a few times. I am also familiar with the Bud-Falen Law Offices in Cheyenne.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

passx3

New

Postby passx3 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:56 am

Jjeellee wrote:I will say, every person who bragged to me and told me it wasn't that hard and they knew all the issues talked about on the MEE when I was bitching about Themis not emphasizing certain things in their lectures, did not pass. The cliche seems true....think you failed=pass, think you pass=fail.

I've seen this sentiment three times today. When I left the exam room, I thought it was like ~60% in favor of passing, ~40% not passing. As I get further away from the exam I think it's much more likely that I passed the MBE with enough room to cover any deficit on the state portion. I'd probably say 80/20 at this point. But I can't write that without knocking on wood.

Hopefully this doesn't mean I'm fucked, lol.

BillCooper

New

Postby BillCooper » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:17 pm

Jjeellee wrote:
ndp1234 wrote:Congrats!!!

That's why I made this post!!! Have confidence! My secured trans answer was literally 4 sentences of gibberish. My K and torts essays were very strong, Civ pro strong-ish except I talked about min contacts under the wrong question, the corp/agency one was pretty blah, evid I used the term recorded recollection instead of recollection refreshed and didn't mention crim pro. My first MPT was the best thing I've ever written in my life, second MPT was garbage, just throwing shit down to finish on time.

MBE I honestly felt like I guessed on 50% of it. I marked all the ones I felt uneasy about and if I missed all of those questions I would have had a raw score of like 120. I felt pretty bad about my MBE. I don't think my jurisdiction even lets you see your MBE score if you passed, so unfortunately I don't think I'll ever know if my essays saved me or if I did better than I thought on the MBE.

I will say, every person who bragged to me and told me it wasn't that hard and they knew all the issues talked about on the MEE when I was bitching about Themis not emphasizing certain things in their lectures, did not pass. The cliche seems true....think you failed=pass, think you pass=fail.

You've given me some hope. I too took Themis but answered the ST, Civ Pro, and LLC questions ok. Bombed Evid and Torts. Applied wrong law to K. Felt ok with MBE. We will see.

BillCooper

New

Postby BillCooper » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:37 pm

Jjeellee wrote:But definitely bummed for my friends who didn't pass. A lot of them didn't

Lost in the joy was this sentence that I overlooked. I am likely in that lot with your friends.

Jjeellee

New

Postby Jjeellee » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:19 pm

BillCooper wrote:
Jjeellee wrote:But definitely bummed for my friends who didn't pass. A lot of them didn't

Lost in the joy was this sentence that I overlooked. I am likely in that lot with your friends.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't mean this to be mean in any way, but for the most part the people who did not pass were people you could look back on their performance in law school and say you weren't surprised. The people who were distracted a lot/didn't put in a whole lot of effort and skated by; the people who struggled a lot, got D's and C's; the people who over studied and reaped no extra benefit for it....if you were in one of those categories then maybe.

I was definitely not the very top of my class but I think I was overly worried about passing and some of my peers were not as worried as they should have been. As in they didn't even have the capacity to understand their weaknesses in their study program come test day, whereas I was.

We all completely freaked this year, but in reality I don't think it was any different than any other year. Hard test, most will pass, some won't, there's a few outliers who studied enough but missed an essay or some other accident, the other non-passers simply didn't study enough or correctly for their learning style. And they'll pass it in February.

BillCooper

New

Postby BillCooper » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:56 pm

Jjeellee wrote:
BillCooper wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. I don't mean this to be mean in any way, but for the most part the people who did not pass were people you could look back on their performance in law school and say you weren't surprised. The people who were distracted a lot/didn't put in a whole lot of effort and skated by; the people who struggled a lot, got D's and C's; the people who over studied and reaped no extra benefit for it....if you were in one of those categories then maybe.

I was definitely not the very top of my class but I think I was overly worried about passing and some of my peers were not as worried as they should have been. As in they didn't even have the capacity to understand their weaknesses in their study program come test day, whereas I was.

We all completely freaked this year, but in reality I don't think it was any different than any other year. Hard test, most will pass, some won't, there's a few outliers who studied enough but missed an essay or some other accident, the other non-passers simply didn't study enough or correctly for their learning style. And they'll pass it in February.

Did you know of any that simply blew off the bar or didn't take it as seriously as they should? I did not work and studied eight hours a day. Although I did get two C's my first year. So who knows.

Startled Rabbit

New

Postby Startled Rabbit » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:12 pm

I have one friend who totally blew it off until like three weeks prior to the exam, reasoning that idiots pass it all the time therefore someone as smart as she is shouldn't have a problem acing it. (Yes. Her actual words.) I'm sure she'll pass... life has a way of working out for her.

BillCooper

New

Postby BillCooper » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:32 pm

Startled Rabbit wrote:I have one friend who totally blew it off until like three weeks prior to the exam, reasoning that idiots pass it all the time therefore someone as smart as she is shouldn't have a problem acing it. (Yes. Her actual words.) I'm sure she'll pass... life has a way of working out for her.

Doesn't it always for people like that.

JayRock2015

New

Postby JayRock2015 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:09 pm

To all my fellow TLSers, just wanted to let you know I passed the Indiana Bar Exam!!!

Results were posted to our home page this afternoon after business hours.

This is not my first time around for this rodeo but I got it done this time!!!

Indiana does not furnish you your score if you pass but you can order your MBE score and I will post once I receive it along with my practice scores!!!

Good luck to all still waiting and those who were not successfully this time around----

Never ever give up on your dreams --- get back on that horse and get it done... Keep pushing until it happens!!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:07 pm

BillCooper wrote:Did you know of any that simply blew off the bar or didn't take it as seriously as they should? I did not work and studied eight hours a day. Although I did get two C's my first year. So who knows.

yes, I know of a couple of people who failed because they just didn't put in the work. In one case I think it was because she was ambivalent about actually practicing, and in the other I think it was partly because my school always has a 90+% pass rate and this person was at the top of the class and figured they could get away with it.

rcharter1978

Gold

Postby rcharter1978 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:13 pm

Congratulations JayRock!!

JayRock2015

New

Postby JayRock2015 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:23 pm

Thank you so much rcharter1978! :D

rcharter1978

Gold

Postby rcharter1978 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:28 am

JayRock2015 wrote:Thank you so much rcharter1978! :D

You're welcome. :)

I remember the feeling -- I didn't make a FB announcement, but I did tell damn near every person in the world, whether they cared or not. I remember telling the guy in the checkout line at the grocery store, the clerk at the post office, the lady who threads my eyebrows, everyone who worked the front desk at my gym, the people at the physical therapists office.......

It was such awesome time, and I'm so happy others are getting to experience it. I hope you have big plans to celebrate!

JayRock2015

New

Postby JayRock2015 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:12 am

Yes as a repeater..I just want to scream at the top of my lungs to anyone that wants to listen.
Lol... No big plans since we had a house fire this weekend and lost a majority of our items and now our home is unlivable

As a mother of six children and the oldest of eight children and now a new grandma (my granddaughter was born one day after the bar exam) I called each and everyone of them except my new grand baby of course and told them that I passed..my brother that someone had did something to me because I was crying so hysterically. My husband is relieved after 3 years of law school and a year of bar prep up and down he has been smilimg since he received the news.

So out of ashes comes great news!

Nebby

Diamond

Postby Nebby » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:22 am

So happy to hear about your success on the bar! Sending best wishes with the fire aftermath. Hope everything goes smoothly

JayRock2015

New

Postby JayRock2015 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:31 am

Thank you so much!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�