California C&F email Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
rcharter1978

Gold

California C&F email

Post by rcharter1978 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:02 pm

I know I'm probably being paranoid, but I just got this email from the Bar Association about my C&F
This will confirm that the initial processing of the Application for Determination of Moral Character you filed with this office has been completed.
Generally, a minimum of 180 days is required to complete the processing of an application, although it could take longer if there are significant issues in your application that require additional investigation and review. During the course of the investigation, many sources and outside agencies are contacted for information. As a result, this office is not in a position to provide information on the status of the processing of your application until approximately 90 days have elapsed since the date you filed your complete application. If in the course of the investigation further information or documentation from you is required, you will be contacted. Written notification will be sent to you when the processing of your application has been completed or review by the Committee of Bar Examiners is required.
If you have any questions, please contact the Los Angeles Office of Admissions.
Has anyone else gotten this, or not gotten this? I know I'm trying to read tea leaves at this point, but does this email mean that its really going to take 6 months?

LockBox

Bronze

Re: California C&F email

Post by LockBox » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:28 pm

rcharter1978 wrote:I know I'm probably being paranoid, but I just got this email from the Bar Association about my C&F
This will confirm that the initial processing of the Application for Determination of Moral Character you filed with this office has been completed.
Generally, a minimum of 180 days is required to complete the processing of an application, although it could take longer if there are significant issues in your application that require additional investigation and review. During the course of the investigation, many sources and outside agencies are contacted for information. As a result, this office is not in a position to provide information on the status of the processing of your application until approximately 90 days have elapsed since the date you filed your complete application. If in the course of the investigation further information or documentation from you is required, you will be contacted. Written notification will be sent to you when the processing of your application has been completed or review by the Committee of Bar Examiners is required.
If you have any questions, please contact the Los Angeles Office of Admissions.
Has anyone else gotten this, or not gotten this? I know I'm trying to read tea leaves at this point, but does this email mean that its really going to take 6 months?
I received this before my C&F went through, so this leads me to believe that everyone gets this. What makes you so worried that your C&F won't go through? Don't leave out any details...

SFSpartan

Silver

Re: California C&F email

Post by SFSpartan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:04 pm

They are just telling you that they have all the basic documents required by your C&F application. I got this email after re-submitting my Live Scan (the fingerprint place fucked up the first time).

Also, despite what CA says, it doesn't necessarily take 180 days. I think I cleared C&F within 2 months of my application being complete (though they had everything but my fingerprints for a few months, so that could be part of it).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”