nyle tomorrow

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
musername

New

nyle tomorrow

Postby musername » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:34 pm

Who else is taking the nyle tomorrow?

What did you all do to study? I just read the 125 pamphlet kinda quickly... I hope that's enough.

Also, can someone remind me how many questions we need to get correct to pass? Is it 35 out of 50?

it'sjustme

New

Re: nyle tomorrow

Postby it'sjustme » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:25 pm

30/50. Haven't taken it. From what I've gathered, it seems all one needs to do is Ctrl+F within the PDF materials to find the answers.

NY_Sea

Bronze

Postby NY_Sea » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:38 am

I'm sure you'll be fine... I know people who took it in May and were literally angry that they even took as much time to prep as they did. From some of the questions they told me they asked (won't say here for obvious reasons), It's literally a joke.

mvp99

Silver

Postby mvp99 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:06 am

I thought we could take the exam at any time we wanted today. :roll: :lol:

yodamiked

Bronze

Postby yodamiked » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:11 am

Good luck everyone!

ChocolateTruffle

Bronze

Postby ChocolateTruffle » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:22 am

NY_Sea wrote:I'm sure you'll be fine... I know people who took it in May and were literally angry that they even took as much time to prep as they did. From some of the questions they told me they asked (won't say here for obvious reasons), It's literally a joke.

I hope that's true, because I just couldn't bring myself to read the outline after all, even though I said I would. Just so sick of studying.

JoeySkoko

New

Postby JoeySkoko » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:26 am

ChocolateTruffle wrote:
NY_Sea wrote:I'm sure you'll be fine... I know people who took it in May and were literally angry that they even took as much time to prep as they did. From some of the questions they told me they asked (won't say here for obvious reasons), It's literally a joke.

I hope that's true, because I just couldn't bring myself to read the outline after all, even though I said I would. Just so sick of studying.

likewise!

are people control F'ing on their actual computer or using a second iPad? Is there any logging through the software or prohibition on this?

ChocolateTruffle

Bronze

Postby ChocolateTruffle » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:29 am

JoeySkoko wrote:
ChocolateTruffle wrote:

likewise!

are people control F'ing on their actual computer or using a second iPad? Is there any logging through the software or prohibition on this?

If you did the mock exam that they had us do last week, it said that all activity on the computer is logged. But it is open book, so they can't fail us if we cntrl + F the whole thing, right? I am doing that, on my own computer. Can't be bothered to set up a second lap top to cntrl + F on.

JoeySkoko

New

Postby JoeySkoko » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:56 am

ChocolateTruffle wrote:
JoeySkoko wrote:
ChocolateTruffle wrote:

likewise!

If you did the mock exam that they had us do last week, it said that all activity on the computer is logged. But it is open book, so they can't fail us if we cntrl + F the whole thing, right? I am doing that, on my own computer. Can't be bothered to set up a second lap top to cntrl + F on.

i guess so! just seems weird to me haha

mvp99

Silver

Postby mvp99 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:57 pm

I wish I had reviewed the materials at least once before the exam because I wasn't familiar with the structure of the outline. I panicked unnecessarily at the beginning and guessed on a few questions because I couldn't find the exact answer within 3 minutes. I finished the last 30 questions or so finding the right answer so I think I passed. There were at most only 5-7 questions that required knowing how the rules fit with each other; other questions were easier.

musername

New

Postby musername » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:08 pm

I had a big scare when my examsoft wouldnt open right away. Luckily I launched it at 11:30 so I had time to restart my computer and all that jazz...

I think the test went ok. I guessed on maybe 6-8 or so questions because I wasn't finding the answer right away. Although I ended up finishing 25 minutes early so in retrospect I should have just found those answers... Overall, I think (hope) that I got enough questions right to pass, but we'll see in 2 weeks. I definitely think it was easier than the mpre, but I also had to take the mpre twice before I passed. =X

mvp99

Silver

Postby mvp99 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:32 pm

(1) review the outline at least one time before the exam (especially if you would like to have a stress-free experience)
(2) even if you feel like you're running out of time keep searching for the answer (you can't go back and change your answer). Unless you go over by like 4-5 minutes on a few questions, chances are you'll finish with time to spare. Keep in mind a good number of questions will be extremely easy.

bwh8813

Bronze

Postby bwh8813 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:58 pm

For those taking at a later time - I also kept a running tally of the number of answers I knew were correct from looking up and found that helpful to ease what little stress there was.

ChocolateTruffle

Bronze

Postby ChocolateTruffle » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:30 pm

mvp99 wrote:(1) review the outline at least one time before the exam (especially if you would like to have a stress-free experience)
(2) even if you feel like you're running out of time keep searching for the answer (you can't go back and change your answer). Unless you go over by like 4-5 minutes on a few questions, chances are you'll finish with time to spare. Keep in mind a good number of questions will be extremely easy.

This. I didn't bother reading the outline because I really just couldn't bring myself to do it. But during the exam I wish I had at least flipped through it or something. There were a few times I started to panic because I couldn't find the answer, so I guessed on a few, but then I finished with time to spare.

bwh8813

Bronze

Postby bwh8813 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:06 pm

Results from 8/18 released today.

musername

New

Postby musername » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:18 pm

wish everything in life was as painless as this lol

ChocolateTruffle

Bronze

Postby ChocolateTruffle » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:44 pm

musername wrote:wish everything in life was as painless as this lol

Seriously. Dreading my bar exam result!

Jss

New

Postby Jss » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:01 pm

how similar are the actual questions to the ones we had to answer during the nylc in order to advance to the next video?

ndp1234

Bronze

Postby ndp1234 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:25 am

Really similar. Took it in May so the August takers can correct me if it is has changed. It's bare black letter that does not require any analysis or analytical thinking.

rkreymer

Bronze

Postby rkreymer » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:13 pm

ChocolateTruffle wrote:
musername wrote:wish everything in life was as painless as this lol

Seriously. Dreading my bar exam result!

Totally! Would be nice to get the bar results in two weeks as well :)

kidfromny

New

Postby kidfromny » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:38 pm

ChocolateTruffle wrote:
JoeySkoko wrote:
ChocolateTruffle wrote:

likewise!

Are you able to cntrl + F search on the same computer you are taking the test with? Just looking for someone who took the exam to confirm. Thanks.

CaptainLeela

Platinum

Welcome to TLS

Postby CaptainLeela » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:44 pm

Welcome to TLS

New

Postby 5965 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:58 pm

Is reading the NYLC outline in advance necessary to pass the test? I didn't read it and was going to ctrl+f, but got scared when I got the email saying the exam "will be rigorous" and won't have time to search every question.

ChocolateTruffle

Bronze

Postby ChocolateTruffle » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:03 pm

5965 wrote:Is reading the NYLC outline in advance necessary to pass the test? I didn't read it and was going to ctrl+f, but got scared when I got the email saying the exam "will be rigorous" and won't have time to search every question.

As I said above, I couldn't bring myself to read it. I was so over studying. And I passed.

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Postby ArtistOfManliness » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:42 pm

5965 wrote:Is reading the NYLC outline in advance necessary to pass the test? I didn't read it and was going to ctrl+f, but got scared when I got the email saying the exam "will be rigorous" and won't have time to search every question.

Lol. No.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�