NY Bar Exam Supporting Documents

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Chocotwist

New

NY Bar Exam Supporting Documents

Postby Chocotwist » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:19 pm

Hi,
I've enrolled on the BOLE account for evaluating my foreign law degree, and as per the NY board's requirement I had to request my law school (In India) to send out my transcripts, degree certificate, bar licence and the University approval - documents to the the NY board mentioning my BOLE id. I inquired with them through a source (in India) and they have shown me the delivery receipt that the packet has been delivered at the NY board of law examiners. I understand that the NY board will not scrutinize the documents until the entire set is received by them. According to my University (in India) they confirm that they have sent all the documents that were requested by me.

Now my question is, how do I contact the NY Board of Law Examiners to find if they have received all the required documents and whether my application is ready to be evaluated and/or processed?

Thanks in advance.

JoeySkoko

New

Re: NY Bar Exam Supporting Documents

Postby JoeySkoko » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:30 am

You should receive an email confirming receipt of each document, and then a final email when they have received all of your documents.

If you need to contact them, they are an ancient organization, they do not respond by email - only fax or telephone (during business hours).

Chocotwist

New

Postby Chocotwist » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:48 pm

Thanks, Joeyskoko. As I mentioned, my uni in India confirmed receipt of the documents at the NY Board but I haven't received an acknowledgement email as yet. I totally agree that NY Board is too big to handle emails and calls but as an applicant I'm concerned as I'm clueless. The calls always go on an automated recording, and I was thinking a Fax msg might look a little bossy (if they think that way..not sure though!!).

Well, let me wait for a week to see if I receive an ack email if not will send out a fax.

Nybar2015

New

Postby Nybar2015 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:10 pm

I have been through this process. So once an llm student submits their docs, the NY Board of Law Examiners will send you a mail confirming that they are in receipt of all required foreign documents and that they would begin to review of your eligibility to sit for the New York State bar examination. If they require any further docs they will mention it in the mail.

Note that it does take time for them to mail you (may be few weeks or a month or two..dont know). I know its annoying but hang in there. Not worth faxing or calling.

Chocotwist

New

Postby Chocotwist » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:40 pm

So we are cluless until the email is received .. :| and we don't even know when that is likely to be. I can only hope it turns in sooner.. !! :?

CRR0909

New

Postby CRR0909 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:13 pm

If I already obtained an employment affidavit from my summer associate position last summer, do I need another one from the same employer for my full time employment starting mid September?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�