MEE Grading & Made-Up Rules of Law

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
SLS_AMG

Bronze

MEE Grading & Made-Up Rules of Law

Postby SLS_AMG » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:20 pm

Anyone have insight into how graders treat made-up rules in cases where they're testing obscure laws? Particularly if you applied those laws to facts to try and reach a conclusion.

Pandaura

New

Re: MEE Grading & Made-Up Rules of Law

Postby Pandaura » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:50 pm

I just posted this in the MBE thread because people were asking:

Barmax repeatedly told us that if you don't know the exact rule on an MEE, make one up and apply it. They said you will still get points for an issue/analysis/conclusion even if the rules are completely off. Whether or not this is true I have no idea but many of my classmates went into the exam with the same mindset. I guessed on like 20% of the rules in the MEE. Maybe they were right, maybe they were wrong. I'm hoping I will at least get some points for the non-rule sections of my answers if they were wrong.

Also, remember we are being tested on the law of nowhere essentially. I looked at Barbri outlines, critical pass flashcards, and the entire Barmax course. On some topics each company had (slightly) different tests for certain concepts. There is not one authoritative source for the obscure rules in common law torts or w/e. As long as you got something down in the realm of the general concepts you should get points. At least this is what I have been told since day 1 of bar prep and many of my fellow test takes were operating under the same assumption.

Sam0406

New

Postby Sam0406 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:30 pm

And the curve will help too right for the essays? I heard July's curve for the essays aren't as high as February, but considering the Mees this time were more difficult....will that affect how many points we receive?

BillCooper

New

Postby BillCooper » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:59 pm

Sam0406 wrote:And the curve will help too right for the essays? I heard July's curve for the essays aren't as high as February, but considering the Mees this time were more difficult....will that affect how many points we receive?

Hopefully they reward me with 40 extra points. Otherwise I'll be with the rest of the other schmucks this Feb.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�