Best Friend's Wedding or Bar Prep?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
thomzzz

New

Re: Best Friend's Wedding or Bar Prep?

Postby thomzzz » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:55 pm

Having just sat for the IL Bar ad having been in a wedding in June, my advice would be to seriously consider skipping it. I guess it depends on how good you are at focusing, but for me a 1 day wedding wasn't just a 1 day wedding, it really F'd up my studying for about a week because all of the events before and after, all the people coming into town who I was expected to make time for, etc. A week in barprep time is really a LOT of time, especially when its in July as in your case.

I think this is really a situation where you have to put yourself first and do what's needed to pass.

Startled Rabbit

New

Re: Best Friend's Wedding or Bar Prep?

Postby Startled Rabbit » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:00 pm

thomzzz wrote:Having just sat for the IL Bar ad having been in a wedding in June, my advice would be to seriously consider skipping it. I guess it depends on how good you are at focusing, but for me a 1 day wedding wasn't just a 1 day wedding, it really F'd up my studying for about a week because all of the events before and after, all the people coming into town who I was expected to make time for, etc. A week in barprep time is really a LOT of time, especially when its in July as in your case.

I think this is really a situation where you have to put yourself first and do what's needed to pass.

Same here. I regretted over and over attending a wedding in early June. It was out of town, and threw me off by five days though I only left home for two days.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?