Do you think you passed the MBE?

1. Yes
65%
2. No
35%

Total votes: 159

MoreCowBellPlease

New

Re: So, Do You Think You Passed the Bar?

Postby MoreCowBellPlease » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:22 pm

rmhco wrote:
Nebby wrote:I have no idea if I passed, but I at least felt prepared. That's all I think we can hope for, honestly. Let the chips fall where they may

Honestly I feel the same way ... I did BarBri, and I feel like between that + AdaptiBar + Lean Sheets, I was fairly prepared (BarBri giving me the bulk of the preparation). I did 92-93% of the course (can't remember and can't log back in now). Not sure if I'm being naive about how I should have felt, but like I think I mentioned before, I didn't feel LESS prepared on the actual bar than I felt on any of BarBri's practice stuff where I mostly hit targets.

Not to get anyone's hopes up, but if you all felt prepared, then you probably passed. :wink: It's true.

chuckfin0808

New

Postby chuckfin0808 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:16 pm

MoreCowBellPlease wrote:
rmhco wrote:
Nebby wrote:I have no idea if I passed, but I at least felt prepared. That's all I think we can hope for, honestly. Let the chips fall where they may

Honestly I feel the same way ... I did BarBri, and I feel like between that + AdaptiBar + Lean Sheets, I was fairly prepared (BarBri giving me the bulk of the preparation). I did 92-93% of the course (can't remember and can't log back in now). Not sure if I'm being naive about how I should have felt, but like I think I mentioned before, I didn't feel LESS prepared on the actual bar than I felt on any of BarBri's practice stuff where I mostly hit targets.

Not to get anyone's hopes up, but if you all felt prepared, then you probably passed. :wink: It's true.

I totally agree. If you feel like crap about it, don't assume you failed though. This is my third time taking the TX bar. (The first time, I took the bar exam, I burned out. I studied 14+ hours a day but, I never got enough sleep and forgot to eat most days. By the time I got to the bar, I am sure my mind couldn't even think straight. Failed by just a few points. )

The second time, I was a lot more prepared, but after the MBE on the 2nd day, I felt defeated and I was sure I failed. I didn't give my all on the essays and of course, I failed again by a few points. BUT my MBE score increased by 10 pts. If I would have kept my head straight, I probably would have passed, since my essays dropped down 10 pts from the first time.

This time I felt relaxed and prepared. I am hoping for good news! If you are unlucky this time around, failing is not the end of the world. Just get back to work and knock it out!

UMich11

Bronze

Postby UMich11 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:47 pm

I think I passed, but the the tyranny of the minority w/in my own head makes me worry more and more I failed. I was more concerned about state essays than MBE and during the exam I feel like I did better on essays than MBE.

Was scoring 7/10s on practice essays and 65-75% on MBE problem sets. So if that holds true I should pass, but with this MBE I felt like I'll be lucky to hit 50%. Sounds horrible, but I'm just hoping there were a lot of people less prepared than I felt after that exam and I can ride the scale to a passing score.

So I'm starting to apply for non-law jobs.

jess

Diamond

Postby jess » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:42 am

Last edited by jess on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SLS_AMG

Bronze

Postby SLS_AMG » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:49 pm

I'm feeling better about the exam as we get farther away from it. That's not to say I passed -- but we've got a near 3-month wait before results are released. Stressing about it until then will not do the mind or body any good. If I have to study again, I'd at least like to have enjoyed my time off and be able to start again fresh rather than replaying the whole nightmare in my head during the interim.

blaze1306

Bronze

Postby blaze1306 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:10 pm

SLS_AMG wrote:I'm feeling better about the exam as we get farther away from it. That's not to say I passed -- but we've got a near 3-month wait before results are released. Stressing about it until then will not do the mind or body any good. If I have to study again, I'd at least like to have enjoyed my time off and be able to start again fresh rather than replaying the whole nightmare in my head during the interim.

Wow... three months. Our swearing in ceremony is already scheduled for 47 days from today. I got an email over the weekend that character and fitness evaluations and letters will be out this week and next. Cant say much good about my chances but at least New Mexico is quick.

ndp1234

Bronze

Postby ndp1234 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:16 pm

To calm some nerves (I know it calmed mine), the Washington Board of Law Examiners (UBE state) posted the following rubric for the MPT and MEE.

http://www.wsba.org/~/media/Files/Licen ... dards.ashx

Most notably for MPT grading:

A 4 answer demonstrates an average answer. A 4 answer usually indicates that the applicant has a fair understanding of the practical and academic aspects of the task and understands enough of the relevant factual and legal materials to incorporate them into a relatively satisfactory, albeit less than completely responsive, product in the time allotted.

A 3 answer demonstrates a somewhat below average answer. A 3 answer usually indicates that it is, on balance, inadequate. It shows that the applicant has a limited understanding of the practical and academic aspects of the task, does not understand or synthesize some of the key factual and legal materials, and thus is unable to incorporate them into a satisfactorily responsive product in the time allotted.

So you get a 4, even if it's incomplete and you can incorporate the information in a logical manner. The difference between a 3 and a 4 is stark since a 3 is only given to those whose answers are completely off base and illogical without even mentioning the governing rules.

Zongo

New

Postby Zongo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:53 pm

blaze1306 wrote:
SLS_AMG wrote:I'm feeling better about the exam as we get farther away from it. That's not to say I passed -- but we've got a near 3-month wait before results are released. Stressing about it until then will not do the mind or body any good. If I have to study again, I'd at least like to have enjoyed my time off and be able to start again fresh rather than replaying the whole nightmare in my head during the interim.

Wow... three months. Our swearing in ceremony is already scheduled for 47 days from today. I got an email over the weekend that character and fitness evaluations and letters will be out this week and next. Cant say much good about my chances but at least New Mexico is quick.

This is a result of Saul Goodman scaring potential lawyers away from New Mexico. One girl away from swindling money for meth dealers. Watch out.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�