Where are adaptibar questions coming from?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
bluewin888

New

Where are adaptibar questions coming from?

Postby bluewin888 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:56 pm

can i get all from other sources?

L_William_W

Bronze

Re: Where are adaptibar questions coming from?

Postby L_William_W » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:52 am

Adaptibar uses MBE's from Bar exams administered in the 1990's. Their questions are MUCH easier than the questions on the current exam and don't reflect current law.

wwwcol

Bronze

Postby wwwcol » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:36 am

L_William_W wrote:Adaptibar uses MBE's from Bar exams administered in the 1990's. Their questions are MUCH easier than the questions on the current exam and don't reflect current law.

Disagree. I felt the adaptibar questions were pretty representative of the actual MBE qs in terms of content and difficulty (certainly much better than Barbri's qs).

udonisandtrinity

Bronze

Postby udonisandtrinity » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:05 am

thought adaptibar really helped me. u need to do all their questions.
Last edited by udonisandtrinity on Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

udonisandtrinity

Bronze

Postby udonisandtrinity » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:05 am

Adaptibar's Civ Pro questions which are not licensed mbe questions really helped me.

I went from an MBE Graded Score of 117 to 138 after taking Adaptibar.

doctoroflaw91

Bronze

Postby doctoroflaw91 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:38 am

wwwcol wrote:
L_William_W wrote:Adaptibar uses MBE's from Bar exams administered in the 1990's. Their questions are MUCH easier than the questions on the current exam and don't reflect current law.

Disagree. I felt the adaptibar questions were pretty representative of the actual MBE qs in terms of content and difficulty (certainly much better than Barbri's qs).

Also in wwwcol's camp. The afternoon session of the MBE was challenging but I felt relatively prepared for it after doing Adaptibar's questions.

mvp99

Silver

Postby mvp99 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:45 am

wwwcol wrote:

I also think adaptibar questions were fairly representative of the questions on the exam although there were definitely 20-30 questions testing rules that I had never seen before.

ellewoods123

Bronze

Postby ellewoods123 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:51 am

mvp99 wrote:
wwwcol wrote:

I also think adaptibar questions were fairly representative of the questions on the exam although there were definitely 20-30 questions testing rules that I had never seen before.

Yeah overall I thought it felt very similar to Adaptibar. But I don't feel like the Barbri questions were totally out of left field either. I thought the Barbri MBE prep was fine actually. Essays not at all.

seancris

Silver

Postby seancris » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:00 am

ellewoods123 wrote:
mvp99 wrote:
wwwcol wrote:

Yeah overall I thought it felt very similar to Adaptibar. But I don't feel like the Barbri questions were totally out of left field either. I thought the Barbri MBE prep was fine actually. Essays not at all.

Adaptibar was representative IMO. I agree there were 20-30 question with new rules, but 10 are experimental and it would make sense that many of the experimental questions would test new rules. All in all, I would recommend Adaptibar to anyone who needs MBE help. I didn't do the Civ Pro stuff, I felt the questions were just ridiculous.

chicoalto0649

Silver

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:05 pm

seancris wrote:
ellewoods123 wrote:
mvp99 wrote:
wwwcol wrote:

Adaptibar was representative IMO. I agree there were 20-30 question with new rules, but 10 are experimental and it would make sense that many of the experimental questions would test new rules. All in all, I would recommend Adaptibar to anyone who needs MBE help. I didn't do the Civ Pro stuff, I felt the questions were just ridiculous.

I got through the 200 Civ pro questions and thought they really prepared me to tackle the actual the MBE. I would say I got through 90% of the questions. The biggest benefit was on the actual MBE there were concepts I was so familiar with that I could easily plow through them and save time to spend more time on the trickier real property/Civ pro questions. This is my third bar and first time I used adaptibar. Highly recommend it.

As for Barbri questions, they're a bit easier IMO, however a really powerful tool for learning BLL because their explanations are way, way better and ,ore complete than adaptibar.

I-object

New

Postby I-object » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:18 pm

I used Adaptibar and tried a few others. You are both missing a critical point. Adaptibar fails miserably with its explanation of the issue tested. Among the most important aspect of an MBE or MBE like question, is the explanation. Whether the student answers correctly or incorrectly , it is critical to understand the reasoning. Adaptibar, in my opinion, does a poor job at this. Yes it explains a percentage of its answers adequately. But Ive had the benefit of using other programs like Bestmulties, and Barbri. They , especially Bestmulties explain completely the rule or issued being tested. Its explained clearly in easy to understand writing. When you are exposed to that kind of explaining, you get the question. Better you understand "why" it was answered that particular way. Adaptibar on the otherhand, explains lots of answer choices with one-liners, vaguely stating or describing why that answer choice was right or wrong. To their credit lost of the questions are a fair representation of recent adminstrations. Many have jumped on the band wagon because of their progress reports, and analysis of the students progress. But Id give up those fancy bells and whistles for a program that is going to teach me the "how " and the "why" the subject is tested and answered. Bestmulties is not offered unless the student purchases the one-timers complete package. I was one of few who got a chance to experience a better package. If I did not pass this time around, I hope to use something other than Adaptibar for the reasons stated. Just my opinion

chuckfin0808

New

Postby chuckfin0808 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:24 pm

I personally liked Adaptibar's explanations. It was a lot better than Kaplan's "D is incorrect because A is correct."

mvp99

Silver

Postby mvp99 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:20 pm

chuckfin0808 wrote:I personally liked Adaptibar's explanations. It was a lot better than Kaplan's "D is incorrect because A is correct."

And I thought Adaptibar's explanations were clearer than Barbri.

wwwcol

Bronze

Postby wwwcol » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:27 pm

I-object wrote:I used Adaptibar and tried a few others. You are both missing a critical point. Adaptibar fails miserably with its explanation of the issue tested. Among the most important aspect of an MBE or MBE like question, is the explanation. Whether the student answers correctly or incorrectly , it is critical to understand the reasoning. Adaptibar, in my opinion, does a poor job at this. Yes it explains a percentage of its answers adequately. But Ive had the benefit of using other programs like Bestmulties, and Barbri. They , especially Bestmulties explain completely the rule or issued being tested. Its explained clearly in easy to understand writing. When you are exposed to that kind of explaining, you get the question. Better you understand "why" it was answered that particular way. Adaptibar on the otherhand, explains lots of answer choices with one-liners, vaguely stating or describing why that answer choice was right or wrong. To their credit lost of the questions are a fair representation of recent adminstrations. Many have jumped on the band wagon because of their progress reports, and analysis of the students progress. But Id give up those fancy bells and whistles for a program that is going to teach me the "how " and the "why" the subject is tested and answered. Bestmulties is not offered unless the student purchases the one-timers complete package. I was one of few who got a chance to experience a better package. If I did not pass this time around, I hope to use something other than Adaptibar for the reasons stated. Just my opinion

lol this post is garbage and is a very bad shill / spam attempt for Bestmulties, whatever the fuck that is.

L_William_W

Bronze

Postby L_William_W » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:52 pm

chuckfin0808 wrote:I personally liked Adaptibar's explanations. It was a lot better than Kaplan's "D is incorrect because A is correct."

This isn't true. The Adaptibar questions are nothing like the questions on the bar. They simply use questions that are the same as in Strategies and Tactics. Those questions are released questions from bar exams in the early and mid-1990's. The NCBE deliberately releases the easiest questions just to give people a false sense of security. I wasted $400 on Adaptibar and got a 123.2.

The Kaplan questions are super-difficult, just like the real Bar exam. They replicate both the format and level of difficulty of the Bar questions. When I ditched Adaptibar for Kaplan, my MBE went up 7 points.

JazzOne

Gold

Postby JazzOne » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:21 pm

wwwcol wrote:
I-object wrote:I used Adaptibar and tried a few others. You are both missing a critical point. Adaptibar fails miserably with its explanation of the issue tested. Among the most important aspect of an MBE or MBE like question, is the explanation. Whether the student answers correctly or incorrectly , it is critical to understand the reasoning. Adaptibar, in my opinion, does a poor job at this. Yes it explains a percentage of its answers adequately. But Ive had the benefit of using other programs like Bestmulties, and Barbri. They , especially Bestmulties explain completely the rule or issued being tested. Its explained clearly in easy to understand writing. When you are exposed to that kind of explaining, you get the question. Better you understand "why" it was answered that particular way. Adaptibar on the otherhand, explains lots of answer choices with one-liners, vaguely stating or describing why that answer choice was right or wrong. To their credit lost of the questions are a fair representation of recent adminstrations. Many have jumped on the band wagon because of their progress reports, and analysis of the students progress. But Id give up those fancy bells and whistles for a program that is going to teach me the "how " and the "why" the subject is tested and answered. Bestmulties is not offered unless the student purchases the one-timers complete package. I was one of few who got a chance to experience a better package. If I did not pass this time around, I hope to use something other than Adaptibar for the reasons stated. Just my opinion

lol this post is garbage and is a very bad shill / spam attempt for Bestmulties, whatever the fuck that is.

lol +1

rkreymer

Bronze

Postby rkreymer » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:02 am

I liked adaptibar because I was able to do the questions on the go. I had their app and constantly used it.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�