Stupid MBE scantron mistake

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Danieldentist

New

Stupid MBE scantron mistake

Postby Danieldentist » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:40 pm

Hey all, Just been panicking about a potential problem with by MBE scantron form. I typically lightly circle numbers I would like to come back to on the form. I ran out of time and was not permitted to erase the light marks on the side of my form. Will this affect the processing of the form?

Carrie_Homeland

New

Re: Stupid MBE scantron mistake

Postby Carrie_Homeland » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:43 pm

Danieldentist wrote:Hey all, Just been panicking about a potential problem with by MBE scantron form. I typically lightly circle numbers I would like to come back to on the form. I ran out of time and was not permitted to erase the light marks on the side of my form. Will this affect the processing of the form?

To the point where they would fail you on the MBE no. To the point where some disgruntled NCBE employee will have to grade your scantron by hand? Yes

jn7

Bronze

Postby jn7 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:14 am

Not kidding you -- 100% exact same thing happened to me and I was flipping out about it afterwards! Consensus is that the machine will only pick up the bubbles. So unless you somehow marked into one of them with the circle, it should be fine.

LurkerTurnedMember

Bronze

Postby LurkerTurnedMember » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:39 am

Danieldentist wrote:Hey all, Just been panicking about a potential problem with by MBE scantron form. I typically lightly circle numbers I would like to come back to on the form. I ran out of time and was not permitted to erase the light marks on the side of my form. Will this affect the processing of the form?

Nice strategy :) I did the exact same thing for the Barbri simulated MBE and I think I forgot to erase some of the circles. I ended up turning in the scantron to Barbri so they can grade it (I also erased a few answers and bubbled in new ones so I wanted to see if it'll affect the machine scoring it). Barbri gave me one less correct answer than what I got grading myself. This is likely because I didn't have the scantron with me any longer when I went back home so had to grade myself from what I circled in the actual test book, and there were some (3 or 4) left blank that I didn't circle so I just answered them real quick again, mostly from memory. I think I might've answered one differently from when I did it during the simulated portion, which is why there's a 1 point difference. Don't worry.

learntolift

Bronze

Postby learntolift » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:18 am

Oh, so super paranoid about this...
You know those black bars that go down the scantron's left side? Mine had a little ink smudge outside of those bars up against the edge of the paper. Will that mess up the grading at all or how the machine will read answers? It was on the same level as the answers so I am paranoid like the machine will somehow mess up or some shit and mark all the answers in that row wrong or that row and below or something. Idk.

whitecollar23

Bronze

Postby whitecollar23 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:42 pm

learntolift wrote:Oh, so super paranoid about this...
You know those black bars that go down the scantron's left side? Mine had a little ink smudge outside of those bars up against the edge of the paper. Will that mess up the grading at all or how the machine will read answers? It was on the same level as the answers so I am paranoid like the machine will somehow mess up or some shit and mark all the answers in that row wrong or that row and below or something. Idk.

Pen ink? The reason you use #2 pencils on scantrons is because it doesn't pick up pen ink. So don't worry about the pen ink.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�