MBE July 16' reaction

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
lawschoolwoohoo

Bronze

Re: MBE July 16' reaction

Postby lawschoolwoohoo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:58 pm

generaltoast wrote:Anyone else get a SHIT TON of "d" answers in one of their collums? Plz.

SO many D's all afternoon! Got a couple B's in a row at one point near the end and got concerned haha

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:02 pm

whitecollar23 wrote:
arklaw13 wrote:
whitecollar23 wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote:I honestly do not remember if I had a string of any one letter. Not so many As I think though.

I also really liked the sneaky removal question.

Sneaky? It seemed pretty straightforward unless I overlooked something?

Sneaky as in Plaintiff was trying to remove

Did that change the reason for why it wasn't allowed?

Mods: Is this abstract enough?

Would anything else matter? Plaintiff can never remove, no?

SLS_AMG

Bronze

Postby SLS_AMG » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:03 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:
whitecollar23 wrote:
arklaw13 wrote:
whitecollar23 wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote:I honestly do not remember if I had a string of any one letter. Not so many As I think though.

I remember this question, spotting that issue, looking for something addressing that issue and finding nothing that addressed that issue.

gtown1212

New

Postby gtown1212 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:04 pm

lawschoolwoohoo wrote:
generaltoast wrote:Anyone else get a SHIT TON of "d" answers in one of their collums? Plz.

SO many D's all afternoon! Got a couple B's in a row at one point near the end and got concerned haha

had like 7 out of 10 Ds at the end of that column and some spillover into the next... lots of Bs at the very end of the other section.

ucc2207

New

Postby ucc2207 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:06 pm

whitecollar23 wrote:
arklaw13 wrote:
whitecollar23 wrote:

state claim, but FQD counterclaim? Same page or different

justtrying

New

Postby justtrying » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:06 pm

I don't say this out of spite, but I have no idea how that test is supposed to measure "minimum competency." There is flat out too much information to learn, and it is entirely hit or miss based on what you studied.

Also, they should stop getting on our case about the "inferior" pool of test takers when they just recently added civ pro. If BarBri is any indication, it is impossible to study for that topic because no one has any idea what they are supposed to learn.

SLS_AMG

Bronze

Postby SLS_AMG » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:06 pm

nearly laughed out loud at a couple questions.

k101010

New

Postby k101010 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:07 pm

ucc2207 wrote:Honestly, just blown away by how off target Barbri was about pretty much every part about this exam except the MPT. They could not have done a worse job emphasizing what's important and what's not. Civ Pro- they were completely off. Con Law- good thing we did so much first amendment right? Evidence- MBE was Harder. Contracts- i'm unsure about. Torts- thought was fair. Crim- Barbri needs to reevaluate this subject completely.

But they won't change, they'll keep producing a subpar product and billing firms and people who don't know any better. Aren't they planning on using these same materials for the February 2017 test?

Really I can't remember a time where I thought a service was so inferior to what was promised. I mean they make law school look like the bargain of a life time.

Sorry for the venting, hope everyone got through it okay and did well! Want nothing more than the people who put the time in to get a passing score.

I couldn't find some of the relevant MEE answers even while actively looking for them. It's a weird comfort to be like "there was zero chance I was ever going to be able to find out that that's the relevant law."

Ugh, I agree with all of the above. How can Barbri charge so much and be so far off on so many things? There is a LOT that they should change in their approach. I should've ditched their substantive lectures and just studied on my own.
#barbrifail

AllDangle

Bronze

Postby AllDangle » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:07 pm

gtown1212 wrote:
lawschoolwoohoo wrote:

had like 7 out of 10 Ds at the end of that column and some spillover into the next... lots of Bs at the very end of the other section.

Is this dependent on what form test we got? I honestly don't remember a bunch of D's and didn't look to see if I had a disproportionate amount over all. But I did get like 8 C's in a row in the last column on the afternoon session. Anyone else???

k101010

New

Postby k101010 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:08 pm

SLS_AMG wrote:nearly laughed out loud at a couple questions.

I totally did! Especially on a few of those answer choices

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Postby LionelHutzJD » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:08 pm

Same. A lot of scumbag employers.

Does anyone here NOT remember a string of one letter? Is it's a bad thing that I can't recall? I mean maybe I had a lot of Ds. I wasn't really paying attention.. HELP

SLS_AMG

Bronze

Postby SLS_AMG » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:13 pm

I remember a string of a certain letter in the afternoon. I consciously thought during the exam that people would talk about it on TLS. ha. I also remember it being noticeable, but not like RIDICULOUS. Maybe like 9 of the 20

whitecollar23

Bronze

Postby whitecollar23 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:14 pm

I almost did that when the first answer choice to a question was, "no."

ucc2207

New

Postby ucc2207 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:14 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:

Same. A lot of scumbag employers.

Does anyone here NOT remember a string of one letter? Is it's a bad thing that I can't recall? I mean maybe I had a lot of Ds. I wasn't really paying attention.. HELP

It's because you had a different form of the test. I'm not sure how many but at least four different forms of the test. The guy sitting in my exact seat three rows behind had same strings of letters. I know this is nitpicky? But doesnt it impact standardization when you were mentally screwing with people with like 3/4s of a column are a D and other people dont have to deal with that. I mean i know i wimped out and changed one just because i couldn't believe it.

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Postby LionelHutzJD » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:16 pm

For those at Javitz,

All that banging was apparently the proctors slamming the doors going in and out. Assholes.

SLS_AMG

Bronze

Postby SLS_AMG » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:18 pm

This afternoon I would say there were fewer than 20 questions I was 100% confident in.

TLS Moderators

Postby TLS Moderators » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:18 pm

This topic was locked and all posts after this point were removed because people were discussing actual exam questions. TLS is not going to serve as an outlet for people who discuss actual exam questions. Below is a link to part 2 of MBE July 16' reaction thread, and the plan is to ban people who discuss actual exam questions.

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=267254

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�