study notes in personal belongings room?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
seasidemama

New

study notes in personal belongings room?

Postby seasidemama » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:34 pm

can we leave study notes in the personal belongings room in the laptop bag and access during lunch? planning on reading on commute in the morning to test location - do I throw these away before entering or can I leave them in the belongings room?

thanks

ballouttacontrol

Silver

Re: study notes in personal belongings room?

Postby ballouttacontrol » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:55 pm

I don't see why not, I was planning on leaving them in a backpack in there

andythefir

Silver

Postby andythefir » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:04 pm

This is a terrible idea. You're much more likely to burn yourself out or miss forest for the trees if you cram at the last second. Even right now, you're more or less as prepared as you're going to get. Go watch a movie, go for a walk, get to bed early.

Mr. Archer

Bronze

Postby Mr. Archer » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:29 pm

Don't study during lunch. You won't learn anything during that time. You just need to take a break after answering questions for 3 hours.

ballouttacontrol

Silver

Postby ballouttacontrol » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:04 pm

spoken like people that adequately prepare instead of procrastinate and cram

BUT, the 2nd half of tomorrow is just MPT right? Nothing to study there. I'll definitely review my notes during lunch for the things I miss a lot of or anything I didn't know in the first half

It's not about learning new material, it's about getting a refresher

rcharter1978

Gold

Postby rcharter1978 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:33 pm

seasidemama wrote:can we leave study notes in the personal belongings room in the laptop bag and access during lunch? planning on reading on commute in the morning to test location - do I throw these away before entering or can I leave them in the belongings room?

thanks

Yes. I would look over the PT materials I had over lunch on the first and third day.

And when some bright spot pulled the fire alarm in Ontario in the morning, I saw scads of people running for the notes in their bookbags. :)

Even the most prepared of people want a little extra look....and if you have lean sheets I don't think its the worst idea in the world to look at them before the exam.

Fiona91216

New

Postby Fiona91216 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:22 am

ballouttacontrol wrote:spoken like people that adequately prepare instead of procrastinate and cram

BUT, the 2nd half of tomorrow is just MPT right? Nothing to study there. I'll definitely review my notes during lunch for the things I miss a lot of or anything I didn't know in the first half

I think MPT is in the morning/ MEE is afternoon

ballouttacontrol

Silver

Postby ballouttacontrol » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:25 am

Fiona91216 wrote:
ballouttacontrol wrote:spoken like people that adequately prepare instead of procrastinate and cram

MEE is definitely in the morning in my UBE state

rcharter1978

Gold

Postby rcharter1978 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:11 am

Fiona91216 wrote:

Oh, I'm sorry, in California, the essays are in the morning and the PT's are in the afternoon on the first and third days.

Arbinshire

New

Postby Arbinshire » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:15 am

I'm so glad I never have to take a bar exam again.

I brought attack outlines and mnemomics with me and reviewed them between MBE sessions. Inevitably, you will forget something during the first session that you'll want to look over again. That's what the notes are for. You want something that you can read in five minutes. Two pages max.

With that being said, I took the UBE last July. I still have nightmares. You will too.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�